House we are building near Nong Khai

After reading his Covid post elsewhere I think Alan will pass on what is potentially another "Covid Central" event. ;-)

But yes, the Mekong fireballs are really neat. (Thumbs up.)
Sounds like a spiced up shot ;) :D

We finally got our house registration sorted yesterday, 98/2 Baan Mair so, the power meter will be installed this week.
The next hurdle has arrived courtesy of Pats mum FFS.
The old wood duck has said, we can't move in until November as, no good days are available until then--Jesus H Christ,, Screw the spirits.

When we built our house my wife needed a "first sod" date (I had already stipulated a date early enough for the roof to be on before the start of the rains). We went to two soothsayers who disagreed with my date (although one said it would be acceptable should her son and his wife trapes around the land three times - at a cost, obviously). I stopped attending the farces after that and remained in the pub. The fourth soothsayer agreed with my date without qualifications so that was sorted.

When I bought my second new truck here I wanted to pick it up on the Monday morning. The salesman asked my wife if she had checked if Monday was a good day. "There'll never be a good day for him shelling out ฿650,000.00", she told him. We picked it up Monday morning.

We finally got our house registration sorted yesterday, 98/2 Baan Mair so, the power meter will be installed this week.
The old wood duck has said, we can't move in until November as, no good days are available until then--Jesus H Christ,, Screw the spirits.

As long as you have ensured that the beds are the correct orientation.

A friend up north was told by his wife's mother that the bed needed rotating by 90 degrees or else bad luck will befall the couple. He changed it which, of course, required re-wiring/re-location of the electrics.

As long as you have ensured that the beds are the correct orientation.

A friend up north was told by his wife's mother that the bed needed rotating by 90 degrees or else bad luck will befall the couple. He changed it which, of course, required re-wiring/re-location of the electrics.
All the furnature is built in, including the bed bases so, thats that.
A load of absolute bollocks.

Surely you are not going to wait until November?

Surely you are not going to wait until November?
I like a peacful life without this sort inane agrovation so, no choice really.
Pat thinks it's bull sh*t as well but, being 100 years behind western society, the status quo remains---long live LALA land ;;cry;;;;cry;;;;cry;;;;anger;;;;bad egg;;;;bad simle;;

Pat thinks it's bull sh*t as well but, being 100 years behind western society, the status quo remains---long live LALA land ;;cry;;;;cry;;;;cry;;;;anger;;;;bad egg;;;;bad simle;;
When we moved in our homes the monks told my wife any day is a good. :)

Jakers mate. Ya gunna piss away another two or three months rent to wait out silly willys ?

Let Pat know to tell Mum that's 25,000 - 40,000 bhat she won't have available for the family 'house-warming' pissup.

Then they'll be there the first week of October or whenever you actually want to move in. :p

Jakers mate. Ya gunna piss away another two or three months rent to wait out silly willys ?

Let Pat know to tell Mum that's 25,000 - 40,000 bhat she won't have available for the family 'house-warming' pissup.

Then they'll be there the first week of October or whenever you actually want to move in. :p
April 1 next year. ;;haha;;

And no one can tell me HTF they calculate this BS.

Few pics been a while since I posted .
Should be done in around 2 weeks

Nice construction. Tough to tell but appears to be a sizeable yard for landscaping ...(or a pool).

(Albeit one is never sure if those upgrades fit in with the overall harmony scheme of the neighborhood.)

Plenty of room for chickens. ;-)

Back