Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

It translates as: 'The map shows the risk areas of heavy to very heavy rain. Friday October 14, 2022 from 6.00 am today to 6.00 am tomorrow.'

yellow = risk of heavy rain.

It translates as: 'The map shows the risk areas of heavy to very heavy rain. Friday October 14, 2022 from 6.00 am today to 6.00 am tomorrow.'

yellow = risk of heavy rain.

It's been overcast here most of the day but not a sign of rain at present.

We borrowed a pressure washer to clean the drive after the floods. It didn't look dirty to me but it shows now (the patch in front of the truck was the demonstration area).

1 s.jpg

2 s.jpg

Drive s.jpg

If you whited out the number plate how do we know you did not white out the cement at the same time. Fake driveway news. :)

Because there would be no point in posting the post then, would there?

And it's concrete.

Last edited:
My front drive is worse than that. It is black and slimy. I am waiting for better weather before I put the high-pressure water wash rig over it.

My front drive is worse than that. It is black and slimy. I am waiting for better weather before I put the high-pressure water wash rig over it.

During the floods I was wanting to go to the gate to snap a sunset. In bare feet it was so slippy that I got 1/3rd of the way there and gave up. Obviously I then had 1/3rd of the way to go back.

During the floods I was wanting to go to the gate to snap a sunset. In bare feet it was so slippy that I got 1/3rd of the way there and gave up. Obviously I then had 1/3rd of the way to go back.

That reminded me of a time in Damascus in the early 90s. We were bidding a pipeline cleaning and inspection job with Tuboscope, an American intelligent pig company. Myself and the Tuboscope rep became stuck in Syria over a weekend and given that there was very little else to do on a Friday evening, we went ont'pish. On the Saturday, I suggested that we go and see what was supposed to be the largest and oldest Mosque in the world (the Umayyad Mosque). We decided to walk, it wasn't far from the hotel, to clear our heads. However, the route took us along a beef butcher street; offal and guts streaming out of the shops and into the gutters for what appeared to be miles. Malcolm had had enough - he was ready to vomit and wanted to return to the hotel. I encouraged him to continue as we were 2/3rds along the street already so doubling back would only make things worse.

Back