Restaurants to open at Robinsion.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Restaurants to open at Robinsion.

1452534_639533892734940_724541546_n.jpg

Wow, what a sad lot those choices are. No thank you I was hoping for something a little less generic. Silly me hoping that Robinson's might offer something different it's hard to fault their marketing choices as they are very successful. For me this Robinson's will be nothing more than a place to waste a few hours checking out the serious eye candy.

Wow, what a sad lot those choices are. No thank you I was hoping for something a little less generic. Silly me hoping that Robinson's might offer something different it's hard to fault their marketing choices as they are very successful. For me this Robinson's will be nothing more than a place to waste a few hours checking out the serious eye candy.

yep, same old same old....crap

Much of the same old but not in run down Malls with crap parking like Surin and Pachesam Plaza. A step in the right direction. I am looking forward to it. Tops will be a big improvement over Big C & Tesco.

Much of the same old but not in run down Malls with crap parking like Surin and Pachesam Plaza. A step in the right direction. I am looking forward to it. Tops will be a big improvement over Big C & Tesco.

I wouldn't be so sure about Tops being a big improvement Joe.

Unfortunately it is unlikely to be anything like the one in Central Festival Pattaya (Tops trading under a different name).

Don't forget to join their club otherwise you will pay full price for their promotions.

http://www.tops.co.th/en/SpotRewardsCard.html

I have very little use for STARBUCKS but because of their breakfast menu I'll give it a go. S&P IMO have excellent products (meat) so that is a go. Cafe Amazon I use on long trips at PTT stations, they are good. Jeffer Steak I want to try as their menu has some hope.As for the rest you can flush them..

The problem is that these companies do not usually take into consideration the farangs living in the provinces. Bangkok and Pattaya and Phuket, even Chiang Mai... yeah. But Surin? No. It's being built for the Thais here, not us, and they see what the Thais want and take no, or very little, notice of the farangs that populate these Isaan areas. If they did they would be including a Sizzler's, and a McD's or Burger King. They would possibly even consider one theater of movies in English, even just on the weekends/evenings one day a week. Another problem is we farang are hot to whine and whinge on a local forum, but seemingly loathe to band together, sign some petitions, write to the CEO of Robinson's, expressing our disappointment in not being taken into consideration when these plans are made, and we do not show our combined spending power to those that could possibly make some positive additions for our farang community in and surrounding Surin. We just complain, but nothing is done, there's no solidarity, and we take what we are fed from these national and multi-national businesses.

I'd love to be able to see an English language movie here once or twice a month. I'd definitely use a Burger King, Popeye's, McD's once in a while, Sizzler's too. Would be great if they did a delivery system like they have in Bangkok as well (might be something of a business venture there). There's at least 3 of the delivery companies I know of in Bangkok. A small one here within the city limits with appropriate hours of service would do okay I feel, with expanded hours on the weekends.

JMHO on it.

Mike

The problem is that these companies do not usually take into consideration the farangs living in the provinces. Bangkok and Pattaya and Phuket, even Chiang Mai... yeah. But Surin? No. It's being built for the Thais here, not us, and they see what the Thais want and take no, or very little, notice of the farangs that populate these Isaan areas. If they did they would be including a Sizzler's, and a McD's or Burger King. They would possibly even consider one theater of movies in English, even just on the weekends/evenings one day a week. Another problem is we farang are hot to whine and whinge on a local forum, but seemingly loathe to band together, sign some petitions, write to the CEO of Robinson's, expressing our disappointment in not being taken into consideration when these plans are made, and we do not show our combined spending power to those that could possibly make some positive additions for our farang community in and surrounding Surin. We just complain, but nothing is done, there's no solidarity, and we take what we are fed from these national and multi-national businesses.

I'd love to be able to see an English language movie here once or twice a month. I'd definitely use a Burger King, Popeye's, McD's once in a while, Sizzler's too. Would be great if they did a delivery system like they have in Bangkok as well (might be something of a business venture there). There's at least 3 of the delivery companies I know of in Bangkok. A small one here within the city limits with appropriate hours of service would do okay I feel, with expanded hours on the weekends.

JMHO on it.

Mike

The reason we are not going to see better farang eating venues have nothing to do with the Thais. The Robinsion Lifestyle Center is the smallest mall that Central has and fits into the demographics and economy of Surn. These are the food outlets that are supplied for this size mall and community. Until Surin and its surrounding shows more growth (someday) we will not see Sizzler ,McD's etc etc.

The reason we are not going to see better farang eating venues have nothing to do with the Thais. The Robinsion Lifestyle Center is the smallest mall that Central has and fits into the demographics and economy of Surn. These are the food outlets that are supplied for this size mall and community. Until Surin and its surrounding shows more growth (someday) we will not see Sizzler ,McD's etc etc.

one and a half million people live in the Province and city..that's bigger than several western cities with many Burger Kings/McDonald's. They've now got 3 KFC's in Surin. I heard recently that 'The Mall' group are expanding to Surin and they might have rights to Macca's etc.

one and a half million people live in the Province and city..that's bigger than several western cities with many Burger Kings/McDonald's. They've now got 3 KFC's in Surin. I heard recently that 'The Mall' group are expanding to Surin and they might have rights to Macca's etc.

And there's 2 McD's in Khon Kaen I know of, and a few KFCs as well. How much larger is KK than Surin? Lots of unis there, and it is on the highway 2 too. We are a bit of a backwater in proximity to the major highways. The last census I had numbers for was quite a while ago (10 years or so ago). Somewhere near 7,000 farang were reported back then to live in Surin Province.

A McDonald's Express would do well here, in my opinion, even without one farang living here. I also think if one of these Multi-plex movie theaters used just one of their multi theaters to show an English language farang movie, just on the Friday/Saturday evenings, that there would be a lot of farangs using that theater each week, some once a month - those living outside of the city in the province, but they'd do well, once again, in my opinion.

Mike

I was going to tell you GL that it's actually 'Robinson' that are coming soon...but I don't think you'll listen, so I won't bother!

You are so right Surin. I told him earlier on in this thread that it was Robinson (R O B I N S O N) but GL does not want to know. For some reason he insists on calling it Robinsion. It even comes up with a wavy red line under Robinsion when you type the wrong spelling for Robinson!

Back