Restaurants to open at Robinsion.

I have to agree, FB. Opening day is probably one to avoid.
I shall probably make my first foray on a Monday morning at opening time....and it won't be to eat!

By the way, it is interesting to see that this thread, thanks to our dear and one and only GL, is still titled Robinsions.

I lost all interest in Robinson's after i saw the list of familiar restaurants they were going to offer. I wont be tripping over myself to go to the grand opening.

Bah humbug! Forget the restaurants, with all the eye candy that will be on show it's something I am not going to miss. And so close to Christmas too, a lovely end of year feast for the eyes.:redface:

By the way, it is interesting to see that this thread, thanks to our dear and one and only GL, is still titled Robinsions.

I 'thank' you're right JB.

Last edited by a moderator:
English Movie Robinsons.

One English movie per week. This is HomeFront. Shows all day all week in English. One movie only. please support this , so we don't loose this one movie opportunity.
It will change every Thursday I was told.
Is there a website where we can view which movie will be the upcoming English one.. Would nice if you had kids and you can plan to go and see a Disney Movie..
Yeah. ok. the kids would probably be able to understand the Thai.. but would be nice to look fwd to a movie coming..
Anyhows. That is what I know.
What do you know ?

One English movie per week. This is HomeFront. Shows all day all week in English. One movie only. please support this , so we don't loose this one movie opportunity.
Is there a website where we can view which movie will be the upcoming English one.. Would nice if you had kids and you can plan to go and see a Disney Movie..
Yeah. ok. the kids would probably be able to understand the Thai.. but would be nice to look fwd to a movie coming..
What do you know ?

This is about all that is out there. http://www.sfcinemacity.com/index.php/en/home/highlight

What do you know ?
Their web site shows what is playing and the times.
http://booking.sfcinemacity.com/

Yes. It shows the movies. but as far as I can see it does not show which one is the English one for the Week. in Surin.

What do you know ?

My Thoughts exactly mate.

If there is no demand for English movies, they wont hesitate to scrap the idea.

Use it or lose it!

Unfortunately your correct.This mall and all in it is for Thais and farangs are an after thought.

I think you should give these people more credit, they ain't daft!

I went there on the first morning and there were several suited up Farang management types cutting around the place, and a considerable amount of customers were farangs too.

Foreigners make up a portion of the market in these parts now, many with a disposable income to boot. They know this and Farangs will not be merely "an after thought".
We are not dealing with Nois noodle shop here.

I have. You do not have the numbers of farangs in this area that you think you do. If you did you would have more english movies, a McD, BK, Subway Sizzler etc. This mall was built for Thais not for us. Thais in this are do have money and western taste but for the time its one movie in English and no website that will tell you which movies it is english.

What do you know ?

Homefront is over. No english movies playing at this time.

[Quote - gotlost] I have. You do not have the numbers of farangs in this area that you think you do. If you did you would have more english movies, a McD, BK, Subway Sizzler etc. This mall was built for Thais not for us. Thais in this are do have money and western taste but for the time its one movie in English and no website that will tell you which movies it is english.[/QUOTE]

Most of the McD, BK and Sizzlers I have been to had 90% Thai customers anyway. They would do well without any farangs.

Last edited:

I have. You do not have the numbers of farangs in this area that you think you do. If you did you would have more english movies, a McD, BK, Subway Sizzler etc. This mall was built for Thais not for us. Thais in this are do have money and western taste but for the time its one movie in English and no website that will tell you which movies it is english.

GL, thats not the point i was trying to make.
Believe it or not, Western foreigners make up a portion of the Surin Demographic, and you can guarantee that the smart folks sitting atop the businesses within Robinson's complex have factored this into their business plan, hence my comments "They ain't daft!" And "Farangs are not merely an afterthought" A western company like Starbucks hasn't popped up in Surin so they can sell the local Farangs their favourite coffee, they are here because with all factors considering, there is a market for their product. its the same for every other company, wherever in this country they might be.
There is more than enough foreigners in this province with healthy disposable incomes to be considered more than a "mere afterthought".

To them your money matters!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back