30 day visa exemption stamp question

Royal Thai Consulate
Priory Court Saxon Way Priory Park West
Hessle Hull HU13 9PB
Tel: 01482 581668 Fax 01482 628877
Email: enquiries@thaiconsul-uk.com
Visa Rules for One-way Flight Ticket to Thailand
Please note that under Thailand’s immigration rules it is allowed for a foreigner to fly to Thailand on a one-way ticket only if they are in
possession of a valid visa which they can present when they check-in
for their flight to Thailand.
Without such a visa the traveller will not be allowed to board their flight
to Thailand with a one-way ticket.
Please also note that some flight operators may be reluctant to accept
a traveller to Thailand with a one-way ticket even if they are in
possession of a valid visa. This may be something to do with rules
or regulations imposed by the flight operator. Accordingly, we advise
all travellers to check this with their airway carrier (not travel agent) well
in advance of travelling to avoid last minute complications.
For information about obtaining a visa for Thailand please contact
the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull – www.thaiconsul-uk.com
Aj 01

Sorry if this is bad news of a sort...

But it has always been my understanding that the 15 day extension only applies to "air arrivals".

And that "land crossings" are only given a 7 day extension.

Perhaps someone else can verify?

(If there's time, I'd always go for a proper tourist visa over the 30 day visa exempt entry. Saves all the question, and probably cheaper than the extension)

Your information is totally incorrect.You receive 30 days by air and 15 days by land. You never get any extension at any land crossing only at an immigration office.

My bad....on an earlier brain phart!

You're correct and I just remembered that you only get 1/2 the amount when arriving by land. Just got the numbers mixed up?

I haven't used a visa exempt entry since my first couple of visits...years ago. I just seems so much simpler to get a multiple entry tourist visa and save all the figuring. (and cheaper)

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad....on an earlier brain phart!

You're correct and I just remembered that you only get 1/2 the amount when arriving by land. Just got the numbers mixed up?

I haven't used a visa exempt entry since my first couple of visits...years ago. I just seems so much simpler to get a multiple entry tourist visa and save all the figuring. (and cheaper)

Understandable. I do agree with your single/double/triple tourist visa.ThumbUp6

Interesting information GL about one-way tickets, but not relevant to this thread.

Food for thought. 25 quad is cheep insurance. The OPS son has plenty of time to apply for a single entry and eliminate any and all head aches..:biggrin:

Hull web quotes a price of 25 quid for a single entry tourist visa.

Add another 14 Quid for postage and the Air Asia option looks even better. especially, if you booked a KL flight. Total cost just over a Fiver! :-

Bangkok - Don Mueang (DMK) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Depart

FD2911
DMK
KUL

1015, 1 Mar 2014 0705, 1 Mar 2014
Fare

1 x 240.00 THB 1 Adult (s)

Taxes and Fees
1,050.00 THB Airport charges and fees
1,290.00 THB

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your response to my post.
Not being one to take chances, i think i will advise the boy to get a single entry tourist visa in the UK. That will eliminate any problems with boarding.
Then as planned, exit Thailand for Cambodia after approx 30 days .
This will sacrifice the visa i know.
We then after two weeks, re enter Thailand by road
get 15 days visa exempt stamp, giving enough time before his return flight to UK at the end of March.
Job's a good one. Isn't it?

Not being one to take chances, i think i will advise the boy to get a single entry tourist visa in the UK. That will eliminate any problems with boarding.
get 15 days visa exempt stamp, giving enough time before his return flight to UK at the end of March.

Apart from peace of mind, it also gives more options should the boy wish to stay longer than 30 days in Thailand initially.

Just one other thought, if you reversed the Cambodia travel plans you then have the option of obtaining a Cambodian e-visa in advance ($28) if you enter through Koh Kong.

Just to remind you, you do not sacrifice the visa IF you go to immigration in Kap Choeng and buy a single reentry permit for 1000 baht and re enter Thailand on or before the 60th day. this would give you the rest of the original 60 day visa and the ability to extend for another 30 days if needed.

Back