90 day report

J

johnb

I have to do my first 90 day report at KC later this month. As this will be my first I would be grateful for a complete list of documents and photocopies required....I think I know but would appreciate confirmation from you more experienced hands.

Thanks in advance guys.

I have to do my first 90 day report at KC later this month. As this will be my first I would be grateful for a complete list of documents and photocopies required....I think I know but would appreciate confirmation from you more experienced hands.

Thanks in advance guys.

As long as it is solely a 90 day address report, all you need is to turn up in person with your passport. A downloadable TM47 form is tagged here http://www.surinfarang.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?4547-TM47-90day-report-form-to-download.

although many offices are now computerised so the form is prepared for you as you wait. Seeing as its your first one, I'd suggest completing it. It should be a free process but expect to be asked for a donation :cool:.

You can visit up to 7 days either way from your required report date.

On a general note, the office is a government building so politeness/ cleanliness/ calmness is always the way to go.

Fill in a TM47. Attach the relevant pages from your passport (opening page, visa info and arrival card). That is it. In and out in under 10 minutes usually. Easy peasy!

P.S. I have just seen Ivor's post above. I do believe the photocopies are not necessary but depends who is on duty at the time you do your business.

Last edited:
I have to go to Rayong Immigration for my 90 days as that is where I live - they only ever need a TM47 , no photos etc and no donation - never takes more than 10 minutes unless there are a large number of Laos /Cambodian there . Very painless

PS - This morning I discovered that my 90 day report should have been made 15 days ago , so we immediately charged off with passport in hand expecting to pay 2000 baht fine . Imagine my surprise on presenting passport and form to the girl . having my passport stamped and returned with no mention of payment . When my wife queried it , the girl said that I am old and she knows that the elderly are forgetful - so there are advantages to living long.

So I was just not old enough at 66 when they fined me 2,000 bt for being 10 days late! Something to look forward to . . . .

I have to do mine again at Jomtiem in another week or so. No payment (assuming I come on time or withing 7 days either side), TM47, copies of passport pages and proof of address needed.

Excuse me , 'Tipping for good service' is an American thing...

There is no need for photocopies. The TM47 can be filled in at the entrance to KC office.

I have never made a donation, and have never been asked for it. Don't encourage them!

It's called a 'Gratuity' ...and they put a "tip jar'" on a desk for that specific reason.

You get extra points for 'tipping'...it's done at every level of their education system too.

Thai teachers receive extra monetary bene's for that 30-minute after-school 'homework' session. It's not tutoring.

Never considered a bribe...just an added "I appreciate your fine service & thank you."

I guess that's considered another thing America messed up...it's just how we were taught.

You mean there are advantages to aging...

I have to go to Rayong Immigration for my 90 days as that is where I live - they only ever need a TM47 , no photos etc and no donation - never takes more than 10 minutes unless there are a large number of Laos /Cambodian there . Very painless

PS - This morning I discovered that my 90 day report should have been made 15 days ago , so we immediately charged off with passport in hand expecting to pay 2000 baht fine . Imagine my surprise on presenting passport and form to the girl . having my passport stamped and returned with no mention of payment . When my wife queried it , the girl said that I am old and she knows that the elderly are forgetful - so there are advantages to living long.

You mean there are advantages to age besides experience , compassion , a reflective soul , an understanding of one's mortality and knowledge gained by trial and error (mostly error). ;-))

Obviously your reputation proceeded you! LOL! ThumbUp6EvilLaugh1

It's called a 'Gratuity' ...and they put a "tip jar'" on a desk for that specific reason.

You get extra points for 'tipping'...it's done at every level of their education system too.

Thai teachers receive extra monetary bene's for that 30-minute after-school 'homework' session. It's not tutoring.

Never considered a bribe...just an added "I appreciate your fine service & thank you."

I guess that's considered another thing America messed up...it's just how we were taught.

In my book, you do not tip Government servants. You've paid them once already, and they're only doing their job.

So does that mean you have to report where you were granted your permission of stay...eg.Korat-Korat, Pattaya-Pattaya..........if so what about the guys local to Surin that have bought the illegal extensions of permit to stay, which appear to be sourced in Pattaya....greatfully i am not one of those....

So does that mean you have to report where you were granted your permission of stay...eg.Korat-Korat, Pattaya-Pattaya..........if so what about the guys local to Surin that have bought the illegal extensions of permit to stay, which appear to be sourced in Pattaya....greatfully i am not one of those....

Where you received your extension of stay does not determine where you report. Its your address that determines it eg: residents of Surin/Buriram go to KC, Korat go to Korat and Ubon go to Ubon etc.

Where you received your extension of stay does not determine where you report. Its your address that determines it eg: residents of Surin/Buriram go to KC, Korat go to Korat and Ubon go to Ubon etc.

Barry, the guru at Jomtiem, advised me that it is quite acceptable to have more than one address. eg I should be able to report in Surin as well as Pattaya. Have not tried using my house address yet, just use the Pattaya hotel address (which incidentally does not include the word "Pattaya").

Barry, the guru at Jomtiem, advised me that it is quite acceptable to have more than one address. eg I should be able to report in Surin as well as Pattaya. Have not tried using my house address yet, just use the Pattaya hotel address (which incidentally does not include the word "Pattaya").

What about if I need to report while in the village? Can I use my Pattaya address (on my driving licence) when reporting in Korat ?

It amuses me that I have to get a confirmation of address from Immigration to obtain a driving licence, then Immigration accept the licence as proof of address.

What about if I need to report while in the village? Can I use my Pattaya address (on my driving licence) when reporting in Korat ?
QUOTE]

Why would you report in Korat if, as you told me, you will be staying near to Prang Ku???????????

Busted1

Last edited:
QUOTE]

Why would you report in Korat if, as you told me, you will be staying near to Prang Ku???????????

Busted1
I was using Korat as an example. If I am near Prang Ku I would be in Si Saket for the 90 day reporting.

So my question is can I use my Pattaya address if reporting in Si Saket ?

I was using Korat as an example. If I am near Prang Ku I would be in Si Saket for the 90 day reporting.

So my question is can I use my Pattaya address if reporting in Si Saket ?

Hopefully I can straighten out some misconceptions and information. Your report date is 15 days before and 7 days after your due date. This was changed about 3 years ago. On day 8 after it is due your fined 2000 baht and it could can go up to 5000 baht. Kap Choeng Immigration comes under Korat Immigration and Korat is the boss. If your address is in Surin or Buriram your immigration center is Kap Choeng, BUT there is a slight change for some. If your address is in the extreme western districts of Buriram such as our own beloved Nookie you are allowed to report to Korat for ONLY your 90 day report your extension still must be done in Kap Choeng. These people are only about 60 km, from KI vs 120 Km to KCI. There are a few people that live in the upper NW corner of Buriram they are 170 km from KI and 280 km from KCI but they are only 110 km from Khon Kaen Immigration. Guess what they get to go to KKI. Now for those in the extreme NE of Surin where SiSaket is closer the answer last year was no BUT SSI was only open 2 days per week. Now that SSI is open 5 days you would need to go there and ask. The secret and to me it is common sense go to your closet immigration office be polite and explain, they probably will say yes but go in and be naughty...... SOME immigration offices will let you report if you out of area BUT NOT ALL if so and you miss your report date your out 2000 baht. As for those of us that use KCI for reporting... KCI at first had a reputation for asking for a tip by most calls that has gone way down. there is NO cost for your 90 day report. When KCI first opened they did help you fill out the TM 47 forum BUT that is in the past you most fill out your own. I know some poster have said they do request copies of your passport, from my experience it can be YES and NO. I suggest to help eliminate any cock up that you spend 6 baht and make a copy of you photo page in passport, your extension stamp (marriage/retirment) your arrival card and its enter stamp in your pp, your report slip and an address (DL or yellow house book). If you don't have these and they ask then they will make copies and charge you and maybe ask for something extra. Kap Choeng and Korat Immigration DO NOT accept 90 day mail in.

So to repeat immigration is trying to accommodate us on 90 day reporting but as I said not all. You need to the immigration office closest to you be polite and ask.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thank you Gotlost - an excellent analysis of 90-day reporting for those that live in the provinces of Surin and Buriram. As they say, different horses for different courses.

May I suggest that one of the mods turns Gotlost's post into a 'sticky'.

Back