90 day report

Hopefully I can straighten out some misconceptions and information. Your report date is 15 days before and 7 days after your due date. This was changed about 3 years ago. On day 8 after it is due your fined 2000 baht and it could can go up to 5000 baht. Kap Choeng Immigration comes under Korat Immigration and Korat is the boss. If your address is in Surin or Buriram your immigration center is Kap Choeng, BUT there is a slight change for some. If your address is in the extreme western districts of Buriram such as our own beloved Nookie you are allowed to report to Korat for ONLY your 90 day report your extension still must be done in Kap Choeng. These people are only about 60 km, from KI vs 120 Km to KCI. There are a few people that live in the upper NW corner of Buriram they are 170 km from KI and 280 km from KCI but they are only 110 km from Khon Kaen Immigration. Guess what they get to go to KKI. Now for those in the extreme NE of Surin where SiSaket is closer the answer last year was no BUT SSI was only open 2 days per week. Now that SSI is open 5 days you would need to go there and ask. The secret and to me it is common sense go to your closet immigration office be polite and explain, they probably will say yes but go in and be naughty...... SOME immigration offices will let you report if you out of area BUT NOT ALL if so and you miss your report date your out 2000 baht. As for those of us that use KCI for reporting... KCI at first had a reputation for asking for a tip by most calls that has gone way down. there is NO cost for your 90 day report. When KCI first opened they did help you fill out the TM 47 forum BUT that is in the past you most fill out your own. I know some poster have said they do request copies of your passport, from my experience it can be YES and NO. I suggest to help eliminate any cock up that you spend 6 baht and make a copy of you photo page in passport, your extension stamp (marriage/retirment) your arrival card and its enter stamp in your pp, your report slip and an address (DL or yellow house book). If you don't have these and they ask then they will make copies and charge you and maybe ask for something extra. Kap Choeng and Korat Immigration DO NOT accept 90 day mail in.

So to repeat immigration is trying to accommodate us on 90 day reporting but as I said not all. You need to the immigration office closest to you be polite and ask.

Cheers.
I've had the same visa since 2008 and been doing 90 day reports since that time. GL is spot on with his post. ONE DAY over and you will get bagged for 2,000 baht. Just happened to a colleague of mine last week. I guess their rational is 2 weeks before and 1 week after the due date gives plenty of time to report.

I've had the same visa since 2008 and been doing 90 day reports since that time. GL is spot on with his post. ONE DAY over and you will get bagged for 2,000 baht. Just happened to a colleague of mine last week. I guess their rational is 2 weeks before and 1 week after the due date gives plenty of time to report.

Not always true - I have just done my 90 day report on the correct day but the previous one I was 15 days late and I certainly expected to get my knuckles rapped and pay a fine but the girl said to my wife that she understands , that old gits get very absentminded , so no fine . It can happen , so be thankful if you are an old git

Not always true - I have just done my 90 day report on the correct day but the previous one I was 15 days late and I certainly expected to get my knuckles rapped and pay a fine but the girl said to my wife that she understands , that old gits get very absentminded , so no fine . It can happen , so be thankful if you are an old git

It does pay have alzheimer. Good on you.:cool:

Didn't work for me, billp. Came in 10 days after the date (Monday instead of Friday) and was fined 2,000 bt. Guess I was not considered old enough . . . yet!

Just got back from Kap Choeng having done my 90 day report.

Drove down with a mate who also had to report. Arrived at 09h00 to find no one else in the room except three immigration officers waiting to deal with the two of us.

What is more...they have had an all singing all dancing electronic queuing system installed since my last visit. You push a button and get a slip with a number....just like in the banks! You are summoned to the officer's desk by a bing bong and an electronic screen showing your number. It was great......especially as we were the only ones there and outnumbered by the immigration officers.

In and out in less than five minutes. Had a coffee and good chat with Gotlost afterwards...which took considerably longer than the report itself.

Drove down with a mate who also had to report. Arrived at 09h00 to find no one else in the room except three immigration officers waiting to deal with the two of us.

What is more...they have had an all singing all dancing electronic queuing system installed since my last visit. You push a button and get a slip with a number....just like in the banks! You are summoned to the officer's desk by a bing bong and an electronic screen showing your number. It was great......especially as we were the only ones there and outnumbered by the immigration officers.

In and out in less than five minutes. Had a coffee and good chat with Gotlost afterwards...which took considerably longer than the report itself.

Good to see JB. Sorry about the delay..LMAO1ThumbUp6

DWhat is more...they have had an all singing all dancing electronic queuing system installed since my last visit. You push a button and get a slip with a number....just like in the banks! You are summoned to the officer's desk by a bing bong and an electronic screen showing your number.

Had plenty of "bing bong" in the past few days. Twice during 35 minutes at the Australian Embassy on Monday and once during 5 minutes at Jomtien Immigration last Thursday. It is when the bing bong takes a long time that one gets frustrated! (So to speak). Like johnb, I was happy that all the bing bongs came quickly.

Had plenty of "bing bong" in the past few days. Twice during 35 minutes at the Australian Embassy on Monday and once during 5 minutes at Jomtien Immigration last Thursday. It is when the bing bong takes a long time that one gets frustrated! (So to speak). Like johnb, I was happy that all the bing bongs came quickly.

I understand that bing bongs are not hard to find in Pattaya.

Bonking in the Australian Embassy. Shame on you Bill. I thought you were a bit more discreet. Proud of you neighbour. :biggrin:

Bonking in the Australian Embassy. Shame on you Bill. I thought you were a bit more discreet. Proud of you neighbour. :biggrin:
mind you, I was well impressed how laid back they are in the Ozzy Embassy when compared to the stuffy British crew!!!!!

This is turning into some kind of cross between the Benny Hill Show and the Dick Emery Show....sorry Aussies if that doesn't mean a lot....it just means smutty, naughty but actually quite nice! The genre is Britsmut.

Yesterday I got a hard time for writing about pop ups...today it's bing bongs. Tomorrow?...hard time? :wink:

This is turning into some kind of cross between the Benny Hill Show and the Dick Emery Show....sorry Aussies if that doesn't mean a lot....it just means smutty, naughty but actually quite nice! The genre is Britsmut.

Yesterday I got a hard time for writing about pop ups...today it's bing bongs. Tomorrow?...hard time? :wink:

.. and John, I recall you commenting previously about posters going "off topic" :wink:

I didn't take it off topic.......you just have to mention a bing bong round here and people get over excited.:biggrin:

specifically speaking

Hopefully I can straighten out some misconceptions and information. Your report date is 15 days before and 7 days after your due date. This was changed about 3 years ago. On day 8 after it is due your fined 2000 baht and it could can go up to 5000 baht. Kap Choeng Immigration comes under Korat Immigration and Korat is the boss. The secret and to me it is common sense go to your closet immigration office be polite and explain, they probably will say yes but go in and be naughty...... SOME immigration offices will let you report if you out of area BUT NOT ALL if so and you miss your report date your out 2000 baht. As for those of us that use KCI for reporting... KCI at first had a reputation for asking for a tip by most calls that has gone way down. there is NO cost for your 90 day report.
{condensed}
So to repeat immigration is trying to accommodate us on 90 day reporting but as I said not all. You need to the immigration office closest to you be polite and ask.

Cheers.

So specifically, if my 90-day reporting of my address is stamped 16 April I can go to KCI as late as Wednesday 23 April without any penalty.
Is that correct ?

I want to miss ALL of the Songkraan traffic ;-))

Yes but why wait to the last day?

No worries as I'll head down Thursday or Friday this week.
I just did not want to take a chance with traffic manana Think1

C U for a beverage when I do.

Back