Aladin restaurant & Coffee

Possibly the lease prevents one from being thrown out of the premises by the current or future owner or subject to rental increases for a said period of time.
(Possibly...depending on the contract or interpretation of lease-contract in a Law Court.)

Oh yes Frank...it is about the ambiance , food 'n fare. :rolleyes:

But it is likely to work both ways Coffee (obviously dependent upon the wording), not only cannot you be thrown out for the period of the lease, but as Cent said, you cannot leave without being responsible for the rent for the remainder of the lease period.

In the case of Aladin's, if you take on the 10 year lease and pay the up-front 300 k and everything goes hunky dory for 10 years, as long as you have made a profit for those years, it should be plain sailing (note that you own nothing at the end of the 10 years).

If the business goes tits up after 2 months, you have already lost the 300k plus you are committed by law to pay a further 700 k for the remaining rent due.

The worse case, in my opinion, is that if you build a thriving business it may be that you will wish to relocate to larger premises (one of the negatives which has been previously mentioned is the small size) and then you will need to start over but having lost up to Bht 1,000,000 on the initial deal.

Only my opinion but that agreement/lease needs some serious consideration.

(Applause)...so this thread is really about a 10-year lease...
I thought so but then again I'm not sufficiently interested. :tonguewink:

(Applause)...so this thread is really about a 10-year lease...
I thought so but then again I'm not sufficiently interested. :tonguewink:

I'm far more interested in the lease aspect rather than the restaurant itself. [I was answering your post #121].

By the way, before you ask, the rent for my house/land is Bht 1.00 p.m. therefore I shall be stuck with a commitment of Bht 240.00 should I wish to bugger off now (the lease has been in place for 10 years already).

Just got a report from a Yank who said the burgers he had were good. I had the chicken Shwarmas a couple weeks ago and really liked them. Was told he stays open until 12:30 a.m. now, and closes in the afternoons from 330 to 630 p.m. Give the place a try. What one may like another may not. Firsthand experience is best. Get off your duff and stop in.

I was told it had gone tits up again. I drove past today and didn't see much sign of life. Is this true?

Back