Aladin restaurant & Coffee

Could I explain:

Question: Other than a written contract, what do you get for your Bht 300,000.00?

Answer: You get the usage of the current friggin' fixtures and 'furnishings' , current fixed assets such as kitchen and cooking equipment and refrigeration.

QED.

Why make a complicated issue of it?

I take it all back Yorky because from a strictly legal standpoint a lease is a contract.
Without seeing, reading and understanding that lease one wouldn't have the faintest idea as to exactly what the buyer in this case will receive for B 300,000.
(Maybe you get the 'goodwill' that goes with the restaurant's signage.)
Speaking directly with the seller or his agent might possibly provide one with a fair idea in advance of receiving the hard copy though only a written lease will carry forth in business law...but I thought your smug arse already knew that particularly since you've been residing here among the natives for 16 years.

So basically I'm not implying jack shyte.

.......you've been residing here among the natives for 16 years.

I certainly have. And the only lease in which I have participated has been the one which I previously mentioned. In fact, I have not signed a lease in any other country except this one. If you remember, I asked Cent for information on leases in Thailand earlier in this thread. He has not yet responded.

However, it is now apparent that you knew all along the answer to the question (which I did not).

Smug pillock!

[Edit: I signed a lease for an apartment in KL. Lost the bloody deposit on that one].

Last edited:
Is a rental agreement the same as a lease ?
Would a stupid person really know the answer ? :rolleyes:
FO.:)

Another point. A number of other members on here knew at least the general gist of what was written in that lease.

Is a rental agreement the same as a lease ?
Would a stupid person really know the answer ? :rolleyes:
FO.:)

As far as I know it is not. Not in England anyway. And could you clarify what that has to do with it? A rental agreement was not mentioned.

[Are you answering your own question?]

Another point. A number of other members on here knew at least the general gist of what was written in that lease.

Really ? I wasn't one of those members, Yorky.

So why or what do you think (presume or speculate) is the reason that not one of them responded to your inquiry if they knew the 'general gist of what was written in that lease'? :wink:

Really ? I wasn't one of those members, Yorky.

So why or what do you think (presume or speculate) is the reason that not one of them responded to your inquiry if they knew the 'general gist of what was written in that lease'? :wink:

I was speculating. If one considers that a purchase/lease/rental is a good deal then one must have an insight into why it is a good deal, i.e. what is included in the price.

However, having seen (over the last 19 years - I visited before I moved here) the number of bars/restaurants that have changed hands on that strip (some of them very good) I would not touch even a 1 year lease with a bargepole, let alone a 10 year lease. Please correct me if you know different.

Jasus, the guy who "leased" Aladin only lasted 2 months!

Francois told me yesterday the new Aladin will be open sometime next week. Spoke to the owner the other night as well.

I was speculating. If one considers that a purchase/lease/rental is a good deal then one must have an insight into why it is a good deal, i.e. what is included in the price.

However, having seen (over the last 19 years - I visited before I moved here) the number of bars/restaurants that have changed hands on that strip (some of them very good) I would not touch even a 1 year lease with a bargepole, let alone a 10 year lease. Please correct me if you know different.

Jasus, the guy who "leased" Aladin only lasted 2 months!

The Aladin owner only leased the space and renovated it and opened as Aladin. He doesn't own the building.

Personally I would never go with a 10 year lease. 5 at the most. 2 years best. If you are opening a new business 2 years is the mark. If you haven't started turning a profit in the first 2 years something is wrong. A 10 year lease makes you liable for the monthly rent, legally, for 10 years. If you go belly up, or have other problems: staffing, personal, health issues, etc. you will still be having to pay the rent every month, whether you still have the business or not. 2 years lease to start off is better, then 2 or 3 years more next time you can get the lease, or maybe 5 if the business is doing well enough to justify another lease..

I certainly have. And the only lease in which I have participated has been the one which I previously mentioned. In fact, I have not signed a lease in any other country except this one. If you remember, I asked Cent for information on leases in Thailand earlier in this thread. He has not yet responded.

However, it is now apparent that you knew all along the answer to the question (which I did not).

Smug pillock!

[Edit: I signed a lease for an apartment in KL. Lost the bloody deposit on that one].

I'm busy at the moment moving into my house. What I know about leases is that they are better at times than renting by the month. They give you some protection from unscrupulous landlords kicking you out after a month or two when you have done your renovations to start your business. Remember what happened to 'Yachtspray' and his 1 million baht renovation to start his steak house? Well, that is why you should have a good lease. To keep shit like that from happening, at least for a couple/few years. It happens here quite a bit if you are foolish enough to 'trust' a landlord to have your best interests at heart. Trust no one. Get it on paper and legal.

I'm busy at the moment moving into my house. What I know about leases is that they are better at times than renting by the month. They give you some protection from unscrupulous landlords kicking you out after a month or two when you have done your renovations to start your business. Remember what happened to 'Yachtspray' and his 1 million baht renovation to start his steak house? Well, that is why you should have a good lease. To keep shit like that from happening, at least for a couple/few years. It happens here quite a bit if you are foolish enough to 'trust' a landlord to have your best interests at heart. Trust no one. Get it on paper and legal.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shoppe is open again !
Hours approx 11:00 - 15:00 and 18:00 to very late (subject to revision).

If you're interested go check it out. The owner intends it to be a restaurant (eatery) , not a bar.

Hours approx 11:00 - 15:00 and 18:00 to very late (subject to revision).

I would think, if they're serving alcoholic beverages, they may revise the opening hours to comply with the law, i.e. 11:00 - 14:00 and 17:00 to whatever (depending on the answer to the previous question).

add:
Yorky,
If you're interested go check it out. Why not get some answer direct and also satisfy your curiosity at the same.
The owner intends it to be a restaurant (eatery) , not a bar.

Back