Aladin restaurant & Coffee

The latter. But I also purchased the land.

Ahh, that's why you write you only paid B6000 for your 30-year lease. You had huge upfront expenses.

In the case of Aladin someone is seeking to cover theirs as well. ;)

Ahh, that's why you write you only paid B6000 for your 30-year lease. You had huge upfront expenses.
In the case of Aladin someone is seeking to cover theirs as well. ;)

I paid Chalong for preparing the lease (who also paid the registration fee, etc.). Chalong was never involved in the original purchase of the land nor the building of the house on said land. I don't see the point that you are making.

Maybe Coffee is referring to Alan's original post that said "300,000 for the 10 year lease and 6,000 a month rent".

My original enquiry was to determine what exactly do you get from a 10 year lease? As far as I can determine, you receive a written contract which holds you safe from legal eviction for a period of 10 years (given compliance with the conditions of the lease). I can't imagine that the actual cost of the lease is much different from my own, i.e. Bht 6,000.00.

Yes Bear. It has migrated to the sale of said bar after Aladin was closed. The price required is said to be Bht 6,000.00 pm rent plus Bht 300,000.00 lump sum (I understand) for a 10 year lease.

Good for you Mike , great location .
I do know of someone else who might take over ;-]
Its a great location I think .
300.000 for the 10 year lease and 6000 a month rent good deal I recon !

re: post # 62
You'll figure it out one day.
Maybe , maybe not.

My question is still relevant and unanswered. Other than a written contract, what do you get for your Bht 300,000.00?

I think whoever go this place got a great deal .
City location at a reasonable price .200 B a day rent and a contract that you cannot be kicked out for 10 years for a minimum of 300. 000 B one off payment .This also included furnishings .
Know as key money .
The only slight negative IMO it's a little small .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I understand that for the majority of single units in Surin, the rent is c. Bht 6,000.00 pm (and many include accommodation over).

Just out of interest, how much would a 1 year (12 month) lease cost? Not for Aladin, but elsewhere.

No.

When Norbie was selling his bar (which he no doubt still is), there was a monthly rental stipulated and a sum for fixtures and fittings and goodwill. There was no mention of a lump sum for the lease (which one must assume he has)..

One must assume that in responding in a foreign language (please note that only English and a rare form of Mancunian are accepted here) which also refers to events that are beyond human comprehension, you are saying that you do not know the answer?

C'est la vie.

Last edited:
My question is still relevant and unanswered. Other than a written contract, what do you get for your Bht 300,000.00?

You get the usage of the current friggin' fixtures and 'furnishings' , current fixed assets such as kitchen and cooking equipment and refrigeration for B 30,000 per annum paid in advance (whether they break, fail or require replacement within one hour or ten years...not at the seller's expense).

Basically the establishment's seller is turning it all over to the new owner to get B 300,000 out of it back into his pocket.
Which part can you not fathom ?
[Call an attorney if you're sincerely interested or contact the seller.]

One must assume that in responding in a foreign language (please note that only English and a rare form of Mancunian are accepted here) which also refers to events that are beyond human comprehension, you are saying that you do not know the answer?

C'est la vie.

Not at all. WHAT EXACTLY I'm implying is that you can't wrap your head around it in the English language. ;)

You get the usage of the current friggin' fixtures and 'furnishings' , current fixed assets such as kitchen and cooking equipment and refrigeration for B 30,000 per annum paid in advance (whether they break, fail or require replacement within one hour or ten years...not at the seller's expense).

Basically the establishment's seller is turning it all over to the new owner to get B 300,000 out of it back into his pocket.
Which part can you not fathom ?
[Call an attorney if you're sincerely interested or contact the seller.]

So you are saying the Bht 300,000.00 is not just for the lease? The question I asked initially. It's for the fixtures and fittings also (and the deposit and maybe the stock?). Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

Quote: My original enquiry was to determine what exactly do you get from a 10 year lease? Unquote

Back