Aladin restaurant & Coffee

The latest news on another thread shows that the establishment is for sale after being open for two months.

Unless they've run out of funds, it seems strange that they didn't give it more than a couple of months.

He told me the staff just couldn't seem to handle the place on their own as he had hoped for. I never saw it busy, but then I usually went there later in the evenings. I don't know how it was doing earlier in the afternoons. Good location, nicely done up and modern and very clean. A perfect place for someone to step into without having to do a lot of work to open.

He told me the staff just couldn't seem to handle the place on their own as he had hoped for. I never saw it busy, but then I usually went there later in the evenings. I don't know how it was doing earlier in the afternoons. Good location, nicely done up and modern and very clean. A perfect place for someone to step into without having to do a lot of work to open.
Good for you Mike , great location .
I do know of someone else who might take over ;-]
Its a great location I think .
300.000 for the 10 year lease and 6000 a month rent good deal I recon !

I don't want it. Would have been good a couple/few years ago maybe. The 10 year lease is bit long, anything can happen. And that needs to be approved by the building owner and signed and sealed as well. Not just the sub leaser and leaser. Dot those I's and cross those T's.

And, not a lot of parking close to it, especially at night. Good walking trade though. Lots of possible customers in the area. Needs a good Thai and western menu I suspect. If you can't get the Thai trade it'll be tough. Depends on the western food offered and how unique and wanted that would be. Still say a good British curry shop with long hours into the night from noon on, with the Schwarmas would do well. Our own customers, the Thais, like our BIR curries and we sell quite a few even in our out of the way place. In that location one coud do well with the right combo of foods on offer.

Last edited:
I don't want it. Would have been good a couple/few years ago maybe. The 10 year lease is bit long, anything can happen. And that needs to be approved by the building owner and signed and sealed as well. Not just the sub leaser and leaser. Dot those I's and cross those T's.

And, not a lot of parking close to it, especially at night. Good walking trade though. Lots of possible customers in the area. Needs a good Thai and western menu I suspect. If you can't get the Thai trade it'll be tough. Depends on the western food offered and how unique and wanted that would be. Still say a good British curry shop with long hours into the night from noon on, with the Schwarmas would do well. Our own customers, the Thais, like our BIR curries and we sell quite a few even in our out of the way place. In that location one coud do well with the right combo of foods on offer.
I dont think the British curry thing would work mate most Thais wont eat this and wont pay the cost Thai Curry 50 B British curry 150 , I think It could be a good location but I dont know how many seats it has ,maybe a good location for a Pizza place maybe .

Your place is very good Mike and as you say you dont want to be to busy and that's good ,but someone wanting passing trade and lots of custom this could be the one . Whooper called me yesterday he was looking for your place said very difficult to find I sent him your number to call you .
IMO I think both Starbeams and Coffee corner unless you know where they are you would never stumble across these places , so that limits these places to local custom (locals)who know by word of mouth where you are , and of course by advertising on here and Facebook and so on .
If I wanted to open a New Restaurant I would want passing trade somewhere in town where lots people see you near a hotel and night life is a bonus .
300.000B for s proper 10 year lease is a bargain ,but as Mike says worth getting it checked maybe by a layer . Dont think it will be empty for long .

As a comparison, the newish place here in Sisaket is full nearly every night. 70% Thais who eat farang (burgers/pizza) plus Thai food and actually comment that the European beers/ciders are TOO CHEAP (when he's making around 80b a bottle base profit).

Sorry, where is (was) this place located inSurin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right by the JahBar, same side. Directly across the street from the 'Fun' Pub or 'Bikinis' as some call it. Many Thais, middle class, are willing to try, and many like, different Western dishes. As an example, our Mexican Quesadillas sell very well with the Thais. We sell 20 or so a day, mainly to Thai customers. Also, Thai middle class customers are not shy about spending on higher cost items, as long as they are good, tasty, and use quality ingredients. Both Thai foods and Western. We also sell a lot of our Fish & Chips, again mostly to Thais. And again, it is mainly Thais ordering our BIR curries, and yes, at the higher prices. You need to give them choices in the pricing of your dishes. A wider range than most offer.

I dont think the British curry thing would work mate most Thais wont eat this and wont pay the cost Thai Curry 50 B British curry 150 , I think It could be a good location but I dont know how many seats it has ,maybe a good location for a Pizza place maybe .

Your place is very good Mike and as you say you dont want to be to busy and that's good ,but someone wanting passing trade and lots of custom this could be the one . Whooper called me yesterday he was looking for your place said very difficult to find I sent him your number to call you .
IMO I think both Starbeams and Coffee corner unless you know where they are you would never stumble across these places , so that limits these places to local custom (locals)who know by word of mouth where you are , and of course by advertising on here and Facebook and so on .
If I wanted to open a New Restaurant I would want passing trade somewhere in town where lots people see you near a hotel and night life is a bonus .
300.000B for s proper 10 year lease is a bargain ,but as Mike says worth getting it checked maybe by a layer . Dont think it will be empty for long .

Well, I'd offer both Thai curries and BIR curries (which we do). A good choice of both, and at the differing prices. Also good Thai food (It has to be very good Thai, not your usual cheaper offerings which many places offer and are ubiquitous to the city.) A place needs to be a bit unique in their food/dishes they are offering, so that customers will search your place out due to word of mouth from those that have been, and are talking about your food. Basically most Thai restaurants here have a menu of foods you can get in just about every other restaurant here in town. There's not much difference between them all, except for their structure, air con, pretty waitresses, decoration, better wines and beers on offer, etc. And better quality foods, same foods but more spent on the ingredients and a decent chef/cook who knows what they are doing. A lot of our customers come because friends and people they know place pics and comments on LINE. That makes for great, and free, advertising.

300,000 K baht over ten years IS a good deal. Just 30,000 baht a year. But you will need to have a going concern to pay that every year, or all at one whack to begin with - you'd better know you can make money over the course of the ten long years. :) Personally I'd try for a 5 year lease, with an option to sign again before anyone else can. All legal and iron clad. 10 years is a long time, and anything can happen in a decade. And at 150,000 K. Keep the extra 150,000 K for business expenses for the first 2 years you are open. Making it work during the first 2 years is crucial.

Just from my humble opinion and experiences over the years.

As a comparison, the newish place here in Sisaket is full nearly every night. 70% Thais who eat farang (burgers/pizza) plus Thai food and actually comment that the European beers/ciders are TOO CHEAP (when he's making around 80b a bottle base profit).

Sorry, where is (was) this place located inSurin?

Ivor, the thing is a new place always seems to do well the first year. Why? Because it is new, different, or seen as the 'new place to go and be seen'. Thais seem to to do this even more so than farangs. But you better have something good, or different, to keep them returning once the new 'IN' place opens. I've seen many places here in Surin open, do well the first few months, then when I drive by most days/evenings, they are mainly empty, and it makes me wonder how they are getting by and paying their expenses to stay open. You see it all the time here. And in Pattaya and Bangkok as well. Competition is fierce really. And there are only so many customers to go around, especially in the smaller cities with limited farang consumers and no tourist base.

True and like you said earlier, the place must do something different (& well)
b0b1577df4f24634f9d54ffb68b0557a.jpg

5131c60c7177019c83d55d6623763a9b.jpg

Nice. Something different, and, something there is a call for. Are these selling well? The ales look good and I'd be trying those if I were in the area. :) Not a fan of ciders myself.

Yes, Mike. The Thai love both
the brand specific beer mats & ice cold glasses. Lots of photo's being taken every night. Some have no idea what they are drinking, just it must be expensive (compared to Thai stuff). Some are saying they are too cheap when compared to other places.
There is around 10 or so very different Ciders, so I'm sure they could find something to your liking.
I think draft beer will be coming soon too.

Picture of Aladin in post # 1.

(Or are you writing about new place in Sisaket ?)

Back