Annual extension to visa

Why would someone who has the proper seasoned money pay 14,000 to "buy an extension" ?
(That's flushing 12,000 down the toilet.)

Refer to previous posts about peoples experiences with immigration.

12,000 Baht is f**k all to avoid the hassle that some perceive.

Refer to previous posts about peoples experiences with immigration.

12,000 Baht is f**k all to avoid the hassle that some perceive.

Personally, I would marry someone and get a Non-Imm 'O' in Savannaket.

I thought the point was that the 800k was to cover annual living costs (and certainly does not need to be a fixed amount) - that is why the alternative of 65,000 Baht per month income is offered.

Crazy Thai logic has it that the 800K is for 9 months living costs with the top up of 800K at the end of that period to season for the required 3 months.

My retirement extension is up for renewing next month.
I use the 800k in the bank option.
In the past I have also been asked to provide a copy of my bank current account statements, last year I was told this wasnt required.
Has anyone any recent experience of providing the current statements or not?

It's been 8 months since my last renewal and then and the previous 15 years I have taken a copy of my current bank passbook pages detailing entries and withdrawals for the previous 12 months at least plus, of course, the letter from the bank confirming the exact same balance. Other than the new interpretation of the rules by SI that the bank letter has to be dated the same day as the application, I am not aware of any other changes.

It's been 8 months since my last renewal and then and the previous 15 years I have taken a copy of my current bank passbook pages detailing entries and withdrawals for the previous 12 months at least plus, of course, the letter from the bank confirming the exact same balance. Other than the new interpretation of the rules by SI that the bank letter has to be dated the same day as the application, I am not aware of any other changes.

Yorky is correct on this. Good news is that SI is not crammed like it was so your process should be easy. Also if your account is with Bangkok Bank you can do your letter at their bank in KC.

1) Can we take it from post no 22 above, that we might all soon be invited to CO-CO's wedding?

2) It seems illogical to me that an unmarried person requiring a retirement extension needs to show 800,000baht in the bank, whilst a married man (probably with kids to support + the entire wifes extended family) is only required to show 400,000baht

1) Can we take it from post no 22 above, that we might all soon be invited to CO-CO's wedding?

2) It seems illogical to me that an unmarried person requiring a retirement extension needs to show 800,000baht in the bank, whilst a married man (probably with kids to support + the entire wifes extended family) is only required to show 400,000baht

Fortunately, I have no need to marry this year to satisfy immigration rules.

Let's see how I get on attempting to get a yellow book and ID card out of the amphur in Prakhonchai

Why is everyone trying to get another piece of plastic to carry around? The driver's licence seems to be enough for the local BiBs.

Why is everyone trying to get another piece of plastic to carry around? The driver's licence seems to be enough for the local BiBs.

I have room in my wallet for one more card - it was a case of the ID card or a Big C discount card.

I can't believe that I hadn't picked Nomad up on the title of this thread before................

It should, of course, read "Annual extension to permission to stay........."

I can't believe that I hadn't picked Nomad up on the title of this thread before................

It should, of course, read "Annual extension to permission to stay........."

Clearly all your trips to Pattaya have addled your brain. "I should be so lucky" says he.

P.S. Mods - please change the title as suggested by CO-CO (and to keep this smart arse off my back). Many thanks.

Clearly all your trips to Pattaya have addled your brain. "I should be so lucky" says he.

P.S. Mods - please change the title as suggested by CO-CO (and to keep this smart arse off my back). Many thanks.

I do so like a man who can take it on the chin!............................:smile:

I have successfully used my pink card to check into hotels here in Thailand, despite the fact that my passport number is not shown.

I have room in my wallet for one more card - it was a case of the ID card or a Big C discount card.

Be honest as to why you want it ...because it is pink.

You'll look simply marvelous, dah-ling! ;;girl;;

You must stay in some dubious hotels Nick. The TM30 definitely requires the passport number(s) of the aliens.

You must stay in some dubious hotels Nick. The TM30 definitely requires the passport number(s) of the aliens.

3 different receptionists at different hotels all asssumed it was the same as a Thai's ID and happily accepted it.

In the past, when several foreigners/aliens have checked into a hotel together. just a single passport has frequently sufficed.

Back