Bodyslam plays Surin 10 March

Discussion in 'Live music venues in Surin.' started by Coffee, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Coffee

Coffee Cannot re - Member

2. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member Staff Member

WTF is Bodyslam? No, don't bother to explain. I guess they are not the London Symphony Orchestra.

3. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

4. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

5. Yorky

Yorky Cannot re - Member

I thought beer or beer associated advertisements were banned in Thailand?

NongFrank likes this.
  6. Rice

Rice Cannot re - Member

You might not know Bodyslam, but you might recognise the lead singer Khun Toon. He is the feller that ran the length of Thailand for charity.
    Anyway I reckon you will hear the concert since it is in the Green Space opposite HomePro.

7. nomad97

I had wondered why they were preparing that site. Another sound filled evening air! No bed before midnight at the earliest.

8. Prakhonchai Nick

Prakhonchai Nick Cannot re - Member

You can "attend" for free. Just sit in the garden with a glass, bucket of ice and a bottle of Bells and enjoy.:)

nomad97 likes this.
  9. Coffee

20180310_153145.jpg
    Did any forum poster attend the concert last night on Nomad's back porch ?

gotlost likes this.
  10. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Drove by last night on the way to the Hippy Bar. Total insanity on the highway there. Double and triple parking. Total morons running across the road in front of traffic. Shitheads on motocykes driving like the usual idot fuckwits they can be, half with no tail lights at all, some without any fucking lights. Mass chaos and stupidity. And not a traffic cop in sight to stop traffic for the pedestrians etc etc etc.

The joke about the brain transplant and the cost of a Thai brain compared to a farang brain has much validity to it.

11. Rice

Rice Cannot re - Member

I wonder how security was going on in the inside. I wonder if they had those senior army fellers with the metre long night sticks. For some reason the louts seem to respect them.

nomad97 and Ivor the Engine like this.
  12. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Nowhere man

The night sticks or the Army fellers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cent likes this.
  13. Eanto

Eanto Guest

I queued up for 6 hours, DVD in hand, for a signature... honestly 555

Wombat likes this.
  14. Rice

Rice Cannot re - Member

Both ! There was a Morlum at the local Wat last year and I don't go to theses things but I was assured there would be no trouble. There was not. The army wallopers only had to step one foot forward and there was an instant behaviour change. I came away from that night quite disappointed I did not see one of the local louts get their head split. They must be smarter then I gave them credit.

15. Coffee

20180310_234530.jpg
    No tazer, no guns...no trouble. The smile says it all. :D

mario299, Rice and Ivor the Engine like this.
  16. nomad97

And a big stick too! Unlike Cent, I kept well away from the site after mid afternoon. It was bad enough then and the police were everywhere. The last time they had a do on that site the road was totally blocked. Madness. Fortunately, the new headphones and the footy / rugby in the Igloo obliterated the noise from the 'Musictropolis'.

Ivor the Engine likes this.
  17. Rice

Rice Cannot re - Member

You have to wonder what the local politics is that they cannot use Elephant stadium. The concert must be a huge logistics night mare. Did you see the trucks parked up near the Klong that brought the equipment? There was about 20 10 Wheeler's. No wonder the tickets were 2000B. Was it a sell out @Coffee ?

18. nomad97

Back end of last year they set up another big concert on some land opposite IQ (Sangka road). Earlier this year there was another loud event on some land behind the 214 Diner. 'Musictropolis' is now the second event on that patch of land this year too. Maybe it has nothing to do with politics but cost. Maybe its cheaper to rent these venues than it is to rent the Elephant Stadium. Conversely, maybe too many complaints from the locals, e.g. noise, numbers and traffic considerations, that they need to rotate venues. This is the 5th or 6th event in so many months that I am aware of on this side of town. There may have been more events on the other side of town that I don't know of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/surin108/photos/rpp.302451010928/10156278929310929/?type=3&theater

19. Coffee

@Rice , who said the tickets were B 2,000 ?

20. Coffee

20180310_213328.jpg 20180310_214904.jpg
    I believe they could have packed in a few more to this 20 years and over (due to sale of beer) concert featuring two of Thailand's best alternative rock groups , Bodyslam and Potato.

Anyone want to guess as to how many people were shot or stabbed outside or in this concert venue on Saturday night ?
    :mask:

New | Recent