Buying a Retirement Visa in Sin City

"Read between the lines"? let GL get to grips with what is written ON the lines first! :smile:

The OP is actually entitled "Buying a RETIREMENT visa in Pattaya" - GL please note, that is a HEADLINE. Start with them, then headlines and then have a go at reading between the lines Moon2.

Comparing BUYING a retirement extension with getting a kosher retirement extension is perfectly reasonable.

No need to confuse it with marriage extensions. Expats should arguably go for the easiest extension that is available to them. Where possible that would put the retirement extension ahead of one based on marriage.

No argument that a retard is easer. In -n- out 30 minutes. BTW my letter is only 1500 baht and a new passport only takes 6 days..T.I.C.buttshake

I imagine that, like us Brits, you can also apply by post.

No. To obtain a stat dec you have to go to the embassy in person. I understand the individual then makes the declaration in front of the appropriate embassy official and signs accordingly.

No. To obtain a stat dec you have to go to the embassy in person. I understand the individual then makes the declaration in front of the appropriate embassy official and signs accordingly.

That is correct as I accompanied an Australian friend when he did his. The whole process took about 5 minutes.

With the recent announcement to clean up Sin City and make it a family resort, I think it's maybe not a good time to consider getting dodgy visa"s from there. I had one 3 years ago and it caused no problems with Immigration THEN. Also just like CoCo said, I managed to use my "cancelled/replaced" passport for a trip to Cambodia

Last edited:
OK, I qualify for a retirement visa, I have the funds. Can I get an extension to my multi entry Non O 12 month spouse visa based on retirement?

I mean can I change from a spouse to a retirement visa here at Kap Choeng?

OK, I qualify for a retirement visa, I have the funds. Can I get an extension to my multi entry Non O 12 month spouse visa based on retirement?

I mean can I change from a spouse to a retirement visa here at Kap Choeng?

I take it what you actual have is an O-multy visa based on marriage ?

I take it what you actual have is an O-multy visa based on marriage ?

If so you can apply for an extension based on retirement in the last 45 days of any 90 day entry your on if your moneys are in place. Be advised that Kap Choeng Immigration at last check requires that if you use the 800k in the bank route that even for the first time it must be seasoned for 3 months and the bank letter no more than 3 days old. Your extension will be tacked on to your present entry so you do not lose any time.

If so you can apply for an extension based on retirement in the last 45 days of any 90 day entry your on if your moneys are in place. Be advised that Kap Choeng Immigration at last check requires that if you use the 800k in the bank route that even for the first time it must be seasoned for 3 months and the bank letter no more than 3 days old. Your extension will be tacked on to your present entry so you do not lose any time.

Yes mate, I have the multi entry non "o" 12 month visa based on marriage. So I can get a retirement extension based on this.

I have a monthly income of more than 65,000 baht and I have around 750,000 baht in the bank at the moment. I am a self funded retiree, can I go to the Australian Embassy and do the stat dec for my funds and then apply for the extension?

Yes mate, I have the multi entry non "o" 12 month visa based on marriage. So I can get a retirement extension based on this.

I have a monthly income of more than 65,000 baht and I have around 750,000 baht in the bank at the moment. I am a self funded retiree, can I go to the Australian Embassy and do the stat dec for my funds and then apply for the extension?

Correct you need to use the monthly income notarized by your embassy. That letter btw is good for 6 months. Every year you will need a new letter.

Just a heads up KCI is tighten up and is requiring proof of residency along with TM-28 and TM 30 even for retirement. Be prepared. TM 28 forum is you reporting your change of address and the TM 30 forum is your landlord reporting your stay.

Last edited:
I have a yellow house book and live in our family home in the village.

Correct you need to use the monthly income notarized by your embassy. That letter btw is good for 6 months. Every year you will need a new letter.

Just a heads up KCI is tighten up and is requiring proof of residency along with TM-28 and TM 30 even for retirement. Be prepared. TM 28 forum is you reporting your change of address and the TM 30 forum is your landlord reporting your stay.

Good thing I kept the ones they turned back to me.. I'll resubmit them in Oct on my 90 day and see what happens then... Getting weird again GL...

I am pretty sure that my wife has, as my landlord, reported/confirmed my stay every year I extend my visa based on retirement. Some years she has had to fill in and sign a form, sometimes not.

P.S. Not that I have any real idea what is said between the IO and my wife. During their cordial encounter I usually smile inanely like an older man with dementia, pay the 1900 baht when asked to do so, 'wai' politely and 'Cok Cun Cap' when I leave.

Last edited:

Ok, I am all set to go to the Australian Embassy next week to get my stat dec. Do I have to take any proof of my income to show them or is it just sign the declaration. I understand it is a legally binding form and not to lie.

I am presently living off a combination of savings and selling shares, I give myself a monthly income of 75,00 baht. I transfer lump sums of money from Aus to my Thai bank account then withdraw my monthly "wage". I have a superannuation nest egg that I will eventually use as a monthly pension but do not anticipate using this for at least a year.

I could get the 800,000 baht into my account and sit on it for 3 months no problem, my actual O visa expires in mid October, if I did a visa run a few days before it expires and get another 90 days, can I still get the retirement visa sometime in that 90 day period even tho my original visa has expired?

Thanks.

Ok, I am all set to go to the Australian Embassy next week to get my stat dec. Do I have to take any proof of my income to show them or is it just sign the declaration. I understand it is a legally binding form and not to lie.

I am presently living off a combination of savings and selling shares, I give myself a monthly income of 75,00 baht. I transfer lump sums of money from Aus to my Thai bank account then withdraw my monthly "wage". I have a superannuation nest egg that I will eventually use as a monthly pension but do not anticipate using this for at least a year.

I could get the 800,000 baht into my account and sit on it for 3 months no problem, my actual O visa expires in mid October, if I did a visa run a few days before it expires and get another 90 days, can I still get the retirement visa sometime in that 90 day period even tho my original visa has expired?

Thanks.

British, Australian and US requirements can and do very. At the US Consulate I was not required to show prof of income BUT I had it with me just incase. My advice is take with you. Better to be safe than be sorry.ThumbUp6

Back