Buying a Retirement Visa in Sin City

British, Australian and US requirements can and do very. At the US Consulate I was not required to show prof of income BUT I had it with me just incase. My advice is take with you. Better to be safe than be sorry.ThumbUp6

Good advice. I don't think they needed it when I went but better to have too much than not enough info.
The embassy had an arrangement with the petrol station next door so that visitors driving in, can park there free ( if that applies to you)

You don't need to show any proof as it's a Stat. Dec. you're actually signing and it's not their duty to look at proof and they won't want to. Mind you if the Thai Immigration found at another time, what you've declared as being false, then you would most likely be charged with Perjury/False Declaration by Australia Federal Police ..as you, by signing it in the Australian Embassy is on Australian soil.

You don't need to show any proof as it's a Stat. Dec. you're actually signing and it's not their duty to look at proof and they won't want to. Mind you if the Thai Immigration found at another time, what you've declared as being false, then you would most likely be charged with Perjury/False Declaration by Australia Federal Police ..as you, by signing it in the Australian Embassy is on Australian soil.

"Do you swear under oath that these lies your telling are the truth?" I sure do!boobs2boobs2

Off topic, but....

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" LMAO1pantsonfire

I bet Monica was spitting semen after hearing that comment boobs2

I sort of know that Surin, probably witnessed about 1000 of them in my previous career. Couldn't help but wonder on a lot of them if they were telling porkies tho.

Good advice. I don't think they needed it when I went but better to have too much than not enough info.
The embassy had an arrangement with the petrol station next door so that visitors driving in, can park there free ( if that applies to you)

Thanks mods, I'm not that crazy that I would drive my pickup into central Bangers tho.

Having an idle morning , I have just read this thread from beginning to end . I moved here over 7 years ago and applied for retirement extension even though I am married to a Thai - I deposited 800k in the bank , got a letter from the bank and my extension was issued . At that time Rayong I O was staffed by some avaricious people and it required tea money - Then they had a complete change of staff and since then its been a piece of cake - in and out 30 minutes . My normal annual routine is 3 months before I am due to renew my visa I go to the bank and change the 800k that is on fixed deposit over to my personal account (my fixed account is in joint names) , then on the day of renewal I go to my bank first thing and get a letter from them , photo-copy my 800k account which they stamp and sign , and off to the IO . Easy peasy . . I recommend that if you can spare 800k that you allocate this to exclusively visa matters - the 9 months that it is in joint fixed account earns a nice sum in interest. I do it this way even though my monthly income would qualify me - It is so stress free

proof of income

Just a word of caution....
When at Cap Chon a couple of years ago I gave them a Notorized statement that was 73 days old. They gave me "the look" and said the letter had to be current within 60 days. I smiled and they let it slide. Don't know if the 60 days was written in stone anywhere.

Just a word of caution....
When at Cap Chon a couple of years ago I gave them a Notorized statement that was 73 days old. They gave me "the look" and said the letter had to be current within 60 days. I smiled and they let it slide. Don't know if the 60 days was written in stone anywhere.

Notarized copy from your embassy is good for 6 months at Kap Choeng Immigration This was changed about 1 years ago.

The Visa Services shop in Pattaya (opposite Friendship) appears to have closeddown

All set to go to KC and then I realised I might be a tad early. My last entry was on 19 August and it allows me to stay till 16 Nov.

Do I have to wait until minimum 45 days before the 16th or can I apply for the extension now?

My actual non o visa expires on 11 October and I was going to do an in/out border run just prior to that to get another 90 days but now just want to get the extension ASAP.

All set to go to KC and then I realised I might be a tad early. My last entry was on 19 August and it allows me to stay till 16 Nov.

Do I have to wait until minimum 45 days before the 16th or can I apply for the extension now?

My actual non o visa expires on 11 October and I was going to do an in/out border run just prior to that to get another 90 days but now just want to get the extension ASAP.

PM sent.

Back