Chid-Rom

Mally2907

Ended up here on recommendation from Tuk Tuk driver ... see my post Where ? in After Dark thread ...
Nice attractive girls flocked to serve me, curiosity not attraction I think
The menu has no English to over to the TGF.
Ended up with Tom Yum chicken ... lovely but I cannot say I'm a favourite of meat on the bone, chicken fried rice - yery nice, chunks of tasty chicken and huge amount of fried rice that was really good, chicken wings - done to perfection, and a spicy / medium / sweet fried pork variation (together on one plate) - medium and sweet were great but I chickened out on spicy !
Big portions, and at least 30% was left after I could force no more down.
Live band on, but not too loud, and good speedy service.
If I run out of places to try then I would certainly eat here again.

One thing that's a bit of a problem is gettinga Tuk Tuk back to hotel as they seem in very short supply . How do you guys get around this ?

Before we bought our car we made use of a very reliable taxi car. Good pricing and very punctual

One thing that's a bit of a problem is gettinga Tuk Tuk back to hotel as they seem in very short supply . How do you guys get around this ?

I used to tell the delivering tuk-tuk to come and get me at a certain time but it didn't always work. Now the majority (if not all) of tuk-tuk drivers have handphones but you'll need to get your GF to ring them.

[Edit: thinking back, many of the bar/restaurant owners/staff did have tuk-tuk phone numbers so just ask them to organise it]

Last edited:
I used to tell the delivering tuk-tuk to come and get me at a certain time but it didn't always work. Now the majority (if not all) of tuk-tuk drivers have handphones but you'll need to get your GF to ring them.

[Edit: thinking back, many of the bar/restaurant owners/staff did have tuk-tuk phone numbers so just ask them to organise it]
Good idea I will try tonight

Good idea I will try tonight
Haha... that didn't work..
Got Tuk to night market, no charge, come pick up and take to Bar, no charge yet, pick up and take back to the hotel.
Phoned him .... pissed as a fart (English expression for drunk as a skunk ).
Ok, no show, now have to ask the host to get us one.
I will, of course, call the Driver tomorrow and pay what I owe him.

Haha... that didn't work..
Got Tuk to night market, no charge, come pick up and take to Bar, no charge yet, pick up and take back to the hotel.
Phoned him .... pissed as a fart (English expression for drunk as a skunk ).
Ok, no show, now have to ask the host to get us one.
I will, of course, call the Driver tomorrow and pay what I owe him.
And the outcome was... the great host and his lady drove us back to our hotel....
A high five to him...... that's the way to look after your customers.
Big thank you.

Well the TGF cried sick all day, so a quiet night followed.
As I cannot communicate with the Tuk Tuk driver I strolled down to the Klong and 're visited Chid Rom.
With the help of Google Translator I managed to order ..... Cow Pat (always makes me smile, (in Englich that means the pile of sh*t left by a cow ) and
Moo Krapow, yes I know my spelling is way out !
Well the previous curiosity had worn off, this time I was looked after 2 lovely girls, and ignored by the rest. Sustained by Heineken I was ok. Steady stroll back to hotel and all was good.
By the way, how do these places survive ?
I saw 12 customers all the time I was there, looked after by 8 lovely ladies, 1 moody cow, 1 Ladyboy, 1 young lad, and I presume kitchen staff, as well as having 2 lads on stage eho were a quite good duo.
That's a lot of staff for 12 customers.

@Mally2907 , thank you for your fine reporting on the night life.

Most Thais usually don't get paid until the end of the month.
Next weekend is also a holiday weekend with the new Queen's birthday.
These places will all be busy...possibly very busy with young Thais.

Note: I believe ChidRom is under new ownership as it was closed for awhile.
It used to be one of my favourites five years ago. At the time the 4 or 5 story hotel/apartment across the alley (behind the band) was newly built by a westerner.

Anyone got a map where Soi Kola is? I’ve only lived in Surin four years ...

I know you are. That's what is so sad. :cry:

Ask your wife to take you to Speed Disco or tell her you want to take her to dinner at the

Otherwise Mally can try to educate you as he's only been here four days.
(Try being the operative word.) :sweatsmile:

Speed Disco worked for us, drivers just looked at me stupid when I said Soi Kola, thought I wanted a drink of Cola
Rebel bar looked quiet, although, if it's your scene, there was a line up of young loveleys a few doors down in a Karaoke Bar, but can I hell sing so i gave it a miss .... or it might have been the lady with me being the reason i (had to) pass it by.

Back