Covid19 in Surin [report from Government Hospital]

I think your first question is very pertinent. Does Surin have Covid19 test kits available? Perhaps more to the point, are they testing anyone/everyone reporting with cough / high temperature and fever? It has been said of the UK's reported figures that they represent the tip of the iceberg, the majority of people who may have the virus have yet to be tested. I fear that may well be the case with Thailand too, not many potential corona victims have been tested and, therefore, the reported figures may be artificially low.

Covid19 may not yet have been reported in Surin, but my wife tells me the shelves in the supermarkets are already showing signs of panic buying.

Just back from shopping in TOPS market. Little if any sign of any 'panic buying'. Shelves are stocked. Tons of toilet paper for the whack jobs that need tons (I bought 2 packs of 6 of the cheap stuff. Was nearly out anyways.) No problems there. No crowds really. Got some beers and a box of wine for the lass and some Buds and beer Lao for me. I've plenty of good whisky at home, and rum, vodka and such. That'll kill the friggin' virus. LOL Plenty of foods in the freezer and cupboards and shelves in the house and in the shop as well. Need to stop in Makro for a few things later today. I'll see how they are doing later today. But at TOPS there were no checkpoints for temp readings and such. I doubt many Cambos shop there like they do in Makro, BigC.

I thought I read something the other day that Surin Hospital said they would have plenty of testing kits this coming week.

We are watching the virus stats and results. I give it another week or so. If it seems like it is necessary we will close for 2 to 4 weeks. Probably the 1st to the 1st. Will hole up, all of us, at my Thep Thani place for the time and spend a couple weeks relaxing by the pool and staying a safe distance from any crowds and doing our own personal Songkran holiday and BBQ. Will spend a week at the restaurant cleaning and disinfecting everything and doing some painting I have been wanting to do anyways. Leave plenty of time for the paint to dry and fumes to dissipate from the painting before opening again. That's our plan at least at this point. SB will close the clinic as well. We will still do our morning walks and keep our distance from others and not touch the exercise equipment there. I have a nice home gym we can use.

I have noticed recently some odd looks from masked Thais as I do not wear a mask. I have a box of surgical gloves if I want to wear them, and plenty of hand sanitizer. I guess I'll start wearing one just to be sociable. I'm not sick so don't see any reason to wear one at this point. People need some edjumacation really on the facts of the virus' ability to spread and how it actually does.

Buy one large green bottle of Dettol pump hand sanitizer and get one free! :) Such a deal.

It'll be a ghost town at night these days with Speed 3 and Tawan Dang closed. Hippie House is closing. I wonder who else? Room 30? Hopefully it will be all over in a few weeks and everyone will be partying their Covid free asses off.

It'll be a ghost town at night these days with Speed 3 and Tawan Dang closed. Hippie House is closing. I wonder who else? Room 30? Hopefully it will be all over in a few weeks and everyone will be partying their Covid free asses off.

I am getting to quite like social distancing.......................

Thermo-testing upon entering Robinson yesterday.

Taken on the side of your neck by an untrained, non-medical employee of the commercial mall's security detail.

1) Did he even bother to show you the reading ? :mask:
2) At which temperature would he bar entry ? :mask:
3) What would he do afterwards...what is their medical protocol/ health personnel procedure after taking an "elevated temperature" reading ? :mask:

So you're saying the current patient was transferred from Bangkok since he is a resident if Surin ?
Is he actually in the hospital or quarantined @gotlost ?
I think he is saying the man was at the boxing event in Bangkok where there was an infected person. Several people were infected with Covid19 at that boxing event. There has been a lot of coverage about this event on the main PBS news. The man has since returned to Surin, displayed the symptoms and is now a confirmed case in Surin General Hospital. I have heard there are 2 other confirmed cases too. Like I said, Surin's Big Boss is due to update the situation in 30 minutes time. Let us wait to see what he has to say.

Taken on the side of your neck by an untrained, non-medical employee of the commercial mall's security detail.

1) Did he even bother to show you the reading ? :mask:
2) At which temperature would he bar entry ? :mask:
3) What would he do afterwards...what is their medical protocol/ health personnel procedure after taking an "elevated temperature" reading ? :mask:
Those are good questions. He actually pointed his scanner at my forehead, albeit from a distance of over a foot. Accurate? I have no idea.
He did not offer to share the reading nor did I really care, as I had some banking to do.

Those are good questions. He actually pointed his scanner at my forehead, albeit from a distance of over a foot. Accurate? I have no idea.
He did not offer to share the reading nor did I really care, as I had some banking to do.

I would guarantee that if it had been a high number you would not have been able to do your banking.....;)

Back