electric bill

Our kitchen doubles as a kitchen and a sauna. It doesn't have direct access to the A/C, but if we leave the dining room door open, the temperature does drop from 100C after a few minutes!

Meanwhile, this month's electricity bill has crept/leapt up to ฿3,616

1005 baht, no AC units in the house, once you put them in you are f**ked : thai are obsessed with airco.
Agreed.
Although we do have A/C, we have only used it a couple of times in the 14+ years we've been in the house. Our monthly electric is about bt750 for our 2-bedroom, 2-bath house, but we also pay for sister's vacant house next door that includes the electric for our land and pigs on another piece of land a few blocks away...another bt200 usually.

Agreed.
Although we do have A/C, we have only used it a couple of times in the 14+ years we've been in the house. Our monthly electric is about bt750 for our 2-bedroom, 2-bath house, but we also pay for sister's vacant house next door that includes the electric for our land and pigs on another piece of land a few blocks away...another bt200 usually.

We have two units. One in the main bedroom, one in the lounge. We have oscillating fans in each bedroom (3) and 2 x 2m ceiling fans in the lounge. We also have three stand up fans, one of which is in use outside on the stoep most of the day.

Edit: And at this time of year, the shower heaters are hardly used after 10:00 am. The tank is in direct sunlight from daybreak which heats the water up to a satisfactory temperature.

Last edited:
We have two units. One in the main bedroom, one in the lounge. We have oscillating fans in each bedroom (3) and 2 x 2m ceiling fans in the lounge. We also have three stand up fans, one of which is in use outside on the stoep most of the day.
We have ceiling fans in every room of the house and stand-up fans everywhere we might need them outside.

We have ceiling fans in every room of the house and stand-up fans everywhere we might need them outside.

We don't have a ceiling fan in the kitchen. A lot of my cooking relies on slow simmering and with gas that's not really feasible with fans blowing.

I am beginning to think Yorky lives in a cave with candles for light. LOL

We have 31 lights in and around the house. 27 of the bulbs in these have now been replaced with LED bulbs. The remaining 4 will be replaced with LED when they're captained. These 4 are rarely used.

Last edited:
My June bill just arived 4,600bt up 700bt on May. 961 units (846)

Ft 0.2477..previously 0.0139

Water tonight...No Jamesons!:cry:

Was the FT on your May bill +0.0139? Mine was +0.2477.

However, we did receive a ฿ุ67.00 discount this month so maybe the FT increased mid month.

Back