electric bill

Playing a guessing game by myself...

I hope our electric bill will be around 4000 next time around. (Compared to 7-9K when we were billed with the wrong tariff)
I'll know around the 2nd of next month.

I keep telling my tribe that fans do not lower room temperatures. I tell them that they are good for cooling people if they stand or sit in front of them, but not good for lowering the ambient temperature of a room. That is what air conditioning units are for. I also tell them that unattended fans are also good for elevated electricity bills. Notwithstanding my constant reminders, some may say nagging, I seem to be forever switching off fans spinning in space. Duh!

I keep telling my tribe that fans do not lower room temperatures. I tell them that they are good for cooling people if they stand or sit in front of them, but not good for lowering the ambient temperature of a room. That is what air conditioning units are for. I also tell them that unattended fans are also good for elevated electricity bills. Notwithstanding my constant reminders, some may say nagging, I seem to be forever switching off fans spinning in space. Duh!

I am surprised (and therefore probably ignorant of the fact) that fans use more than a little electricity.

I am surprised (and therefore probably ignorant of the fact) that fans use more than a little electricity.

Mrs. Ib, upon shopping for a new table fan many years ago was told by the salesman that the model he was suggesting used as little as ฿1.00/hour in electric. I advised Mrs. Ib not to leave the fan on 24 hours/day as her electric bill would soon reach ฿700.00/month.

However, the normal table fan is unlikely to use more than 10 watts on low or 30 watts on high, around 4 satang to 12 satang per hour.

Fans are certainly a lot cheaper to run than air conditioning units. However, every little bit counts if they are left running when people vacate the room.

Fans are certainly a lot cheaper to run than air conditioning units. However, every little bit counts if they are left running when people vacate the room.

Ahh!..................................... now that is a totally different subject altogether. One, I suspect, that would quickly turn into Thai bashing (certainly by my).

Until she met me, my missus was unfamiliar with the term "Were you born a f&*$#ng barn?"

[QUOTE="CO-CO, post: 365656, member:
Until she met me, my missus was unfamiliar with the term "Were you born a f&*$#ng barn?"[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Jesus heard that regularly. ;-)

Keeps the ghostly spirits away...same as leaving the fookin' lights on. :cool:

Heard during daylight hours by my family members..."When you walked into the bathroom you turned ON the lightswitch. What is so [FARKInG] difficult about turning it OFF when you are finished and walk out of the bathroom!"
or...
"One day when have to pay the electric bill you will..." so on and so forth.

Oh what they hell, they're going to take care of us when we no longer can, correct ?
(They'll probably kill us too.)

Child number two goes off to Uni, and what happens?

The electricity bill falls yet again - this time by 874 THB from 3,471 THB to 2,597 THB.

I guess it will be back up by about 50 THB in September

Back