Electricity Costs

Yorky

Fullritis Member
After reading a possibly sarcastic comment on a different thread about the rate for the cost of electricity per month I wondered what is the going rate that folks pay these days (I realise we may have been through this before).

Last year our monthly bill was in the order of 2,000 - 2,200 but we've managed by being a little more careful and less indulgent to bring that down to 1,400 - 1,600. There are only the two of us.

It hardly changes whatever the time of year which appears to indicate that the cost of using A/C in the summer is balanced by the cost of using the electric pump to water the garden in the winter.

Mine is 2000-2200, but that is a household of 7 when I am home. No aircon, but lots of fans.

Husband, wife and two young daughters that like their creature comforts; air conditioning in the living room and 2 bedrooms (at night) and at least 8 hot water 'rain' showers each day. Average cost is 4,500 with air conditioning, 2,500 per month without.

Last edited:
Family of four, one of which is a baby (if you don't count me), another is an 18 year old who normally takes 30 minutes in the shower. Three air con units, the one in my study being the most used.

The monthly bill varies between 2000 and 3000 depending on the time of year.

Family of four - three ladies - plus a lovely ladyboy as help who lives in for the moment, no aircon but a chestfreezer and a double glassdoor fridge (= big electricity consumer), regular fridge and a lot of fans and our bill varies between 2.500 and 3.000 baht / month.

Wife, 2 kids and myself and the power bill is always around the 7,000 baht a month. One month it was over 10k baht. This latest bill is 6900 baht. Pumps for the dam, bore and swimming pool come off the factory's metre. I suppose it's the a/c working all the time.

Four of us: MBH, self, teenage girl with a shower addiction, and an 11 year old who loves to switch on the AC... Bills vary between 4,000 and 6,000 monthly for 3 AC units, fans in every room, 2 fridges, 2 ovens, microwave, TVs, laptops, iPads, and more phones and chargers than sense. Outside lights that stay on all night, a water pump for an ornamental waterfall... and God knows what else.

Four of us: MBH, self, teenage girl with a shower addiction, and an 11 year old who loves to switch on the AC... Bills vary between 4,000 and 6,000 monthly for 3 AC units, fans in every room, 2 fridges, 2 ovens, microwave, TVs, laptops, iPads, and more phones and chargers than sense. Outside lights that stay on all night, a water pump for an ornamental waterfall... and God knows what else.

Lol, Merlin... there but for the grace of Buddha....

Our currrent bills are only 800-1,000. Only the wife lives there most of the time. Two fridges, one aircon and several fans mostly used when I am on monitoring duty. That amount would probably skyrocket if I lived there all the time, with a second larger aircon already in the planning stage.

Thought mine was high -at least I've got company. Never reached 6K.........YET!

Our currrent bills are only 800-1,000. Only the wife lives there most of the time. Two fridges, one aircon and several fans mostly used when I am on monitoring duty. That amount would probably skyrocket if I lived there all the time, with a second larger aircon already in the planning stage.

Even with a sky-rocketing electricity Bill, with your regular attendance, it would likely be a significant overall saving on your current "lifestyle expenses" boobs2

4000 to 5000 a month .
Pumps for fountain and pond Air Con in the main house office and the guest house Sometimes also sprinkler system. Garden wall lights at night.

Sent from my Star using Tapatalk

Dry serason= 3000 bht per month.
Wet season, all aircons on, ( 4 x 2.5kw + 1 x 8.5kw) 24/7= 6000 per month.

I have noticed that there has been a change in the electricity charges recently.

The rates were:

0 - 150 units = 2.7628
151 - 400 units = 3.7362
above 400 units = 3.9361
and the FT = 0.4628

The rates are now:

0 - 150 units = 3.2484
150 - 400 units = 4.2218
above 400 units = ????
and the FT = -0.0480

The service charge has not altered.

Could someone who uses more than 400 units/month please let me know the unit rate please in order that I may update my site.

Cheers

Cigarette taxes went up last week. I expect soon again the tax on alcohol will be going up.
I hope the tax rise on alcohol is not as high as the cigarette hike. My cigs went from 68 to 87 baht in one hit. Ah well, returning happiness to the people who will now have to steal and rip-off with greater efficiency to pay for their vices!

interesting this fag tax thing

government announced 10% tax hike,
as journalists dont know anything about percentages its not clear to me what the 10% increase means
10% increase of the state tax
10% increase in the price for a packet of fags
or whatever

however, my fags used to cost 100/pack, now they have increased to 135/pack

don't really see how 10% fits with this

Back