Electricity Off - 4th July

nomad97

Resident Geek
We have just been informed by the village crier that we will be without electricity for most of the day on 4th July. For those who live on the Eastern side of Surin the electricity will be off from 0800 to 1700. They are upgrading the electricity supply along the 226 and out towards Robinson Lifestyle Center. I guess anyone living in Shinton, Kokpalat, Boonhirayarak, Thep Thani villages and along the 226 will be affected.

We have just been informed by the village crier that we will be without electricity for most of the day on 4th July. For those who live on the Eastern side of Surin the electricity will be off from 0800 to 1700. They are upgrading the electricity supply along the 226 and out towards Robinson Lifestyle Center. I guess anyone living in Shinton, Kokpalat, Boonhirayarak, Thep Thani villages and along the 226 will be affected.

Your tax payers money at work.//flag

glad i loaded up the fridge...

...dang !
Maybe a good thing as Coffee will not be on-lineHate_Computer.
Wishing all a healthy Fourth in advance from the 'septics'...(thank you, Adam).

...dang !
Maybe a good thing as Coffee will not be on-lineHate_Computer.
Wishing all a healthy Fourth in advance from the 'septics'...(thank you, Adam).

Well you Septic Tanks what's wrong with a good old 4th July BBQ? Load up the ice box, put a few Charlies in the box to cool down, light the fire and start grilling. That will be a cool way to spend the day - back to nature. I'll be looking out for my invite Septic!

p4rtyT.I.C.

Fortunately, a few of us will be in Korat for a 4th of July picnic run by the local VFW. Should be great fun and no worries about electricity.

...you CAN wear plaid T.I.C.

Good on you for remembering Gina Lollobrigida's birthday (86) !!!

4th July, the day the Brits celebrate unloading the septics ThumbUp6.
I see septic as a term of endearment for our cousins across the ocean, honestly!

I'll believe you but I'm not too sure about the others. Yes, It's bye, bye Mr Septic Tank Day. Thank goodness for that, the British Government has enough problems of its own without trying to sort out the USA too.

We still haven't had notification of this in Kohplaat nor do the local businesses know anything about it. I appreciate that it isn't new to be told nothing but notifications have been getting better recently.

Y (not looking forward to a day without power)

Plan A: Shower early before 0800 then when electric goes off go to Big C, Makro and Robinsons and spend a load of cash. Spend all afternoon getting pished in Farang Connection.

Plan B: Shower early before 0800 then if electric does not go off, sit on my arse all day doing nothing as usual.

Y (never one to be caught without a plan)

Well you Septic Tanks what's wrong with a good old 4th July BBQ? Load up the ice box, put a few Charlies in the box to cool down, light the fire and start grilling. That will be a cool way to spend the day - back to nature. I'll be looking out for my invite Septic!

p4rtyT.I.C.

That is exactly what some of us are doing, Nomad. Away from Surin and its anti-American holiday electrical outages. ThumbUp6

Mike

Yorkie, a lady from our village (Kokpalat - same as your village I think), came along the road ringing doorbells a few days ago to tell us the electrics would be off all day Friday, 4th July. She said it was something to do with upgrading the electrical power supply along the 226 towards Robinson's. I am sorry I can not add too much to that as I do not know how big the footprint is and how many locations may be affected by the cut.

As it looks as if I will be off-air for most of tomorrow may I wish all our America friends a very happy 4th July. I sincerely hope you all enjoy yourselves wherever you maybe and do whatever you do on Independence Day in style and with panache. Myself, I usually celebrate 5th of July, a day I call "Thank God we lost that Colony Day", plus the fact we may have electrics back on by then. Have a very enjoyable day.

Awesome1T.I.C.Party5Good_Night

when I think of all...

.....Myself, I usually celebrate 5th of July, a day I call "Thank God we lost that Colony Day", plus the fact we may have electrics back on by then. Have a very enjoyable day. (TIC)

...of all the colonies and protectorates that the Almighty British Kingdom have lost or let go of I can't begin to imagine how many 'day after' you must really celebrate.T.I.C.

From one brother across the pond to another brother I am truly honoured that you're at least celebrating a former colony's independence from Mother England.

The country that nursed us and taught us everything we now know. Thank you cousin. Chokdee5

For f**k's sake - why couldn't you teach us to speak and spell CORRECTLY ?Moon2

I can take the banter from a Shit . No problem it's all in fun.

Joe,

Remind me to tell the story of the first time I was called a Seppo, a Septic Tank Yank. 1980s. America's Cup was on the TV. Earl's Court London in a pub full of Aussies, on a street full of Aussies actually. First time I ever heard the term. Hug1

Mike

Back