Elephant World

J

johnb

If you have been near the elephant show, breakfast etc recently you can't help but have noticed a lot of advance publicity for "Elephant World", opening in 2015.

Anyone know where it is going to be, what is happening? Is it a municipal enterprise or private?

Surin to be promoted as great “Elephant World”

SURIN, 23 November 2014 (NNT) – The Provincial Administration Organization (PAO) of Surin will next year open itself as the great “Elephant World” to promote tourism and curb the problem of stray elephants.

Chairman of Surin PAO Kittipat Rungtanakiat said the campaign will make the province a new attraction on the map of world tourists. It will allow visitors to closely experience friendship between elephants and humans through a wide range of activities. The campaign will also portray the age-old relationship between Thailand and Cambodia and how the elephants had played a key role in the establishment of the ancient Khmer Civilization.

Kittipat said the province is cooperating with all sectors to make sure the campaign which is nearing its completion, will be ready for launching next year.

-- NNT 2014-11-23

Surin to be promoted as great “Elephant World”

SURIN, 23 November 2014 (NNT) – The Provincial Administration Organization (PAO) of Surin will next year open itself as the great “Elephant World” to promote tourism and curb the problem of stray elephants.

Chairman of Surin PAO Kittipat Rungtanakiat said the campaign will make the province a new attraction on the map of world tourists. It will allow visitors to closely experience friendship between elephants and humans through a wide range of activities. The campaign will also portray the age-old relationship between Thailand and Cambodia and how the elephants had played a key role in the establishment of the ancient Khmer Civilization.

Kittipat said the province is cooperating with all sectors to make sure the campaign which is nearing its completion, will be ready for launching next year.

-- NNT 2014-11-23

"Chairman of Surin PAO Kittipat Rungtanakiat said the campaign will make the province a new attraction on the map of world tourists."

Its already on the map as the number 1 attraction for the Surin Thirak to bring her ATM.boobs2boobs2boobs2 Sorry2

Free the elephants

Free the elephants put them back where they belong in the jungle and roaming about only this week you read of more abuse female elephant chained to a tree killed by hornets,if it wasent chained it would have run off all this is a commercial exploytation of elephants got nothing to do with conservation

Free the elephants put them back where they belong in the jungle and roaming about only this week you read of more abuse female elephant chained to a tree killed by hornets,if it wasent chained it would have run off all this is a commercial exploytation of elephants got nothing to do with conservation

[FONT=&quot]I 100% agree, the only thing I will get involved with during the elephant festival is the elephant breakfast, as I think at least they get to eat tons of food which they love doing but going to a show to watch a elephant play football or draw a picture is horrendous., its the equivalent of kicking Steven Hawkins out of his chair & paying to watch him crawl across the floor

Even worse is seeing them dragged around the roads & towns of Surin as a begging tool, I will never ever pay one of those gypo types 1 baht to feed his elephant.

Lets start the revolution FREE THE ELEPHANTS[/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]I 100% agree, the only thing I will get involved with during the elephant festival is the elephant breakfast, as I think at least they get to eat tons of food which they love doing but going to a show to watch a elephant play football or draw a picture is horrendous., its the equivalent of kicking Steven Hawkins out of his chair & paying to watch him crawl across the floor

Even worse is seeing them dragged around the roads & towns of Surin as a begging tool, I will never ever pay one of those gypo types 1 baht to feed his elephant.

Lets start the revolution FREE THE ELEPHANTS[/FONT]

Do you not sell more currys to tourists?

I do go along with the concerns for the Elephants welfare and wellbeing. That should be the prime purpose. I also hope it brings in some jobs and business opportunities.

I thought this would elicit a reply ....... and it did. MonkeyFight

P.S. Before you ask, it wasn't me. I didn't post the question.

I know it wasn’t you Nomad, but it’s obvious someone else has many usernames & wants to antagonise me. That’s why I answered the question with the contempt it deserved.

Thanks Little India, you know I only have the one 'non de plume'. And it certainly is not Davis.

nomad97

I knew it wasn’t you as when we were both going through a few stressful life events & having a silly little bicker at each other you were straight up & said what you felt at the time which I respect you for.

I also know this is just not your style.

The poor elephant, which I fully agree belongs in the forest, not on the streets or clowning for rubberneckers, is between a rock and a hard place.

Like all animal species, it has to continue developing to keep pace with changes in its environment. In the last 150 years or so, man has changed its environment radically, and the elephant simply cannot keep up. We have destroyed most of the forests, so the wild elephants cannot range widely as they used to. Apart from the Western Forest Complex, there are only a few small enclaves where they can roam. Even in Kaeng Krachan, the biggest National Park in Thailand, the beasts go out of the forest and raid the adjacent farms.

You can't blame the elephants for this.

Sadly the elephant is doomed. It is only a matter of time. Breeding in captivity helps little; the gene pool narrows, and generations of captivity will turn the elephant into a travesty of itself before it mercifully becomes history.

conversely...

...so WTF what are all the zoos throughout the world in the countries of our citizenship doing with all their captive animals while we're putting down the Thai ?
shrug1

Ask Surin's Governor Narin what economic impact the Elephant Fair has on Surin ?

Ask Ban Ta Khlong if the Elephant Village has an economic impact 60km north of Ampur Muang Surin.

If the tourists from around the world did not attend then that would say something.
Ask our members who invite their friends to come along all the while providing economic benefits to Thai along the way.
I'll bet you if you inquired that they would state that the Elephant Show was the highlight of their trip.

I guess if the tourists from around the world (including many expats) really gave a rat's ass the frequented Sois throughout Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket and throughout Thailand offering companionship would dry up too. (Dreary me...)boobs2 +monkeywack

Sure we're all a bunch of devout monks and have never sinned - amen.
Yeah it's all cool as we have all been there , done that...but heaven forbid the next lot entering Thai and f**kin up the environment...
(Sorry Nomad) as it shouldn't take any LSD to work that logic out. Crazy1

Dang, where is...
"Honey, where the f**k did you put the Prozac ?"
"OK, next to the bottle of Regency ? - Good thinking."
"Thank you , honey."
(Wow , she really is catching on nicely). 10of10Score

Last edited by a moderator:
Free the elephants

You can train the monkey but the organ grinders thinking prob not the point is this is commercial exploitation of the elephant so your point is ?

What isn't commercial exploitation ?

You can train the monkey but the organ grinders thinking prob not the point is this is commercial exploitation of the elephant so your point is ?

Tell me Trigger - look around Thai. What isn't commercial exploitation ?

Elephants, monkeys, young women and men. Tourists come for them all.

Where are you from ? Does your country have a zoo ?

Back