Elephant World

commercial exploitation

you are correct there is commercial exploitation everywhere in the world but this dosent mean to say that its good thing, putting profits, money,capital gains, banks before people or even animals in this case elephants look where that has got us, you obviously think the death of the elephant chained to the tree was justified for commercial gain i feel sorry for you

trigger, you obviously...

you are correct there is commercial exploitation everywhere in the world but this dosent mean to say that its good thing, putting profits, money,capital gains, banks before people or even animals in this case elephants look where that has got us, you obviously think the death of the elephant chained to the tree was justified for commercial gain i feel sorry for you

...made a pretty big assumption as you obviously do not know me.

I DON'T attend the Elephant Show.

My thread was to throw another side into your argument.
Do you ever view an issue from another perspective or point of view ?
I would hope that you do.

You did not reply as to whether the country of YOUR citezenship has a zoo or not.
Do they have exotic animals contained...zoos, sea-quariums, Safari Worlds et al ?
Do they have circuses with live animal acts ?

Don't YOU agree that hypocrisy is not a good thing ?

Assumption

...made a pretty big assumption as you obviously do not know me.

I DON'T attend the Elephant Show.

My thread was to throw another side into your argument.
Do you ever view an issue from another perspective or point of view ?
I would hope that you do.

You did not reply as to whether the country of YOUR citezenship has a zoo or not.
Do they have exotic animals contained...zoos, sea-quariums, Safari Worlds et al ?
Do they have circuses with live animal acts ?

Don't YOU agree that hypocrisy is not a good thing ?
I tend never to assume anything as this is the mother of all f**k ups, good for you not going to the elephant show you missed out on one of ricks curry flavoured ice lollys i have not got an argument i was simply stating my position on the post on commercial exploitatation all countrys have zoos animal shows ect which ever countrys in the western world you come from

All zoo’s are bad, all water worlds are bad, all tourist attractions that exploit animals in any country are bad i.e. having your picture taken with a drugged up tiger etc etc, the only thing I will except is a sanctuary/conservation that people can visit for sick animals being nursed back to health that don’t stand a chance in the wild for various reason.

I don’t know where you come from Coffee but they certainly don’t walk elephants up & down the roads of Salford begging for money?

p.s. Im sure I have seen you at the elephant feeding Coffee?

Last edited:
Rick, your point is ?
I didn't know that these animals were indigenous to Salford / Chester/ London , did you ? Nice fence anyhow - wouldn't you agree they really enjoy their enclosures ?

[YT]Wdt8QqTlncs[/YT]

I don’t know where you come from Coffee but they certainly don’t walk elephants up & down the roads of Salford begging for money?

It's well before your time Little India but I can just about remember going to Belle Vue zoo in Manchester it must have been about the mid 1950s. I can still remember the horrendous cages the animals were kept in. No paddocks and only room in the cages for the animals to pace about, turn tail and pace again. The bad conditions are still clear in my mind, I am just surprised that, checking on Google, the place didn't close until the mid 1970s

Rick, your point is ?
I didn't know that these animals were indigenous to Salford / Chester/ London , did you ? Nice fence anyhow - wouldn't you agree they really enjoy their enclosures ?

[YT]Wdt8QqTlncs[/YT]

Does that video show them being dragged by the ear with a metal pole to every restaurant or bar in Salford? Again I will state I don’t believe in wild animals in any country being abused for tourist pleasure.

95% of Thai elephants are in private ownership A beautiful calf or a healthy, young breeding female is worth as much as 700,000 baht or US$22,000.

Are you running your own campaign of I must love everything about Thailand!

Last edited:

It's well before your time Little India but I can just about remember going to Belle Vue zoo in Manchester it must have been about the mid 1950s. I can still remember the horrendous cages the animals were kept in. No paddocks and only room in the cages for the animals to pace about, turn tail and pace again. The bad conditions are still clear in my mind, I am just surprised that, checking on Google, the place didn't close until the mid 1970s

Again I can only reiterated that I am against wild animals being used for commercial purposes in any country, it’s not just a Thailand issue for me but I’m sure in the UK since that time you mentioned it would be illegal to walk them from bar to bar in a urban area to beg for money?

A short videoclip showing the abuse of baby elephants, caught from the wild and trained for the tourism industry. Please be reminded that this practice is NOT acceptable for the majority of people in our country at all. There is only a small group of people that make money out of the abuse, trade and poaching of elephants. Most of the video is filmed at Surin Elephant Village in Thailand

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq7yoKGGks8&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

Coffee, you're just putting the other side of the story, are you?

I have news for you. There is no other side, except ignorance.

I am against all zoos, everywhere. Some are better than others, but all are deplorable.

The argument that zoos can save endangered species is well-meaning, but IMO ill-advised. If the species can't adapt, it is doomed.

Can we do anything to help? Yes, save endangered habitats to give the animals a longer period to adapt.

We are one species, the dominant one, but that doesn't give us the right to exploit everything else on the planet. Perhaps we should be paying more attention to stopping the exploitation of our own species.

nobody has to love everything about Thai...

Are you running your own campaign of I must love everything about Thailand!

[YT]nf5z8ggq1Xg[/YT]

...just try looking at the other side of the coin (pun intended).

Exactly Lil'Ind , as everyone likes to knock down how f**ked up Thai is and the Thais are I try to present an opposing viewpoint.

You're living here with your Thai wife and now two mixed Thai/Brit children.

Isthe look how f**ked up the Thais are the view you want others to have when they look / meet your loved ones /your family ?
Is this how you want people to think of you...'Yeah, he's living in...x%ck8...'

Get real mate - every country has it's stupidity and cruelty. You're living your life in a third-world developing country and trying to compare it to a Top Ten wealthiest nation. How come you're not tooling your life away in Eng-land where everything is so fine , coiffed , covered by NHS and purr-fect ?

To me a person living here and more than that - making their life here while railing at the way things are doesn't sit well on my hy-poc-rite meter.

Sure we can all have a laugh at the shyte that goes down in Thai.
Take a look at elephants and larger exotic animals throughout the world being cut down for ivory, trophy rugs and aphrodisiacs.

Personally I'm a bit surprised at you and yes - you do like to take the piss out of people, but my life gets shorter every day.

I've had enough. At the end of the day at the end of the road this shyte doesn't mean jack. Chokdee5 Sayonara.

[YT]nf5z8ggq1Xg[/YT]

...just try looking at the other side of the coin (pun intended).

Exactly Lil'Ind , as everyone likes to knock down how f**ked up Thai is and the Thais are I try to present an opposing viewpoint.

You're living here with your Thai wife and now two mixed Thai/Brit children.

Isthe look how f**ked up the Thais are the view you want others to have when they look / meet your loved ones /your family ?
Is this how you want people to think of you...'Yeah, he's living in...x%ck8...'

Get real mate - every country has it's stupidity and cruelty. You're living your life in a third-world developing country and trying to compare it to a Top Ten wealthiest nation. How come you're not tooling your life away in Eng-land where everything is so fine , coiffed , covered by NHS and purr-fect ?

To me a person living here and more than that - making their life here while railing at the way things are doesn't sit well on my hy-poc-rite meter.

Sure we can all have a laugh at the shyte that goes down in Thai.
Take a look at elephants and larger exotic animals throughout the world being cut down for ivory, trophy rugs and aphrodisiacs.

Personally I'm a bit surprised at you and yes - you do like to take the piss out of people, but my life gets shorter every day.

I've had enough. At the end of the day at the end of the road this shyte doesn't mean jack. Chokdee5 Sayonara.

You twist words to make them suit your argument Coffee & I actually don’t think you read posts properly as you seem to engage mouth before brain (don’t worry I’m guilty of that myself at times) If you had you would of noticed on every post I mention I don’t believe in animal exploitation in any country.

Your repeated reference to Thailand being a third world country is actually disrespectful as number one it shows you view things in a class system which is a bit of a oxymoron to what you preach, If you want to put Thailand in a class (I don’t choose to) it is actually a second world country.

I have never ever said everything in Thailand is bad? That is a ludicrous accusation & if you had bothered to read most of my posts you would notice they are actually more pro Thai than anti Thai.

Anybody that uses the phrases go live in your own country if you don’t like it here is a complete muppet in my book & generally someone that is in denial. I live in Thailand because I love Thailand & my family are here, yes I could go back to the UK & claim everything free but I don’t choose to do that.

Just because I have my own opinion that I would rather pay for a government health care plan than get kicked to the curb by a large cooperation insurance company when I get ill or old is my right to that opinion, but that doesn’t mean I should go home & claim my free NHS because I don’t agree with it, who says I wouldn’t be prepared to pay the government the same as I would a private company?

We don’t have to agree with everything that happens in Thailand for the fear of someone like yourself saying well go home if you don’t like it, a previous post before I mentioned I don’t personally mind bribes others disagreed & gave a fair argument back, but to walk around in a bubble thinking everything in the garden is rosy & anybody that thinks differently should go home is absolute bollox

You twist words to make them suit your argument Coffee & I actually don’t think you read posts properly as you seem to engage mouth before brain (don’t worry I’m guilty of that myself at times) If you had you would of noticed on every post I mention I don’t believe in animal exploitation in any country.

Your repeated reference to Thailand being a third world country is actually disrespectful as number one it shows you view things in a class system which is a bit of a oxymoron to what you preach, If you want to put Thailand in a class (I don’t choose to) it is actually a second world country.

I have never ever said everything in Thailand is bad? That is a ludicrous accusation & if you had bothered to read most of my posts you would notice they are actually more pro Thai than anti Thai.

Anybody that uses the phrases go live in your own country if you don’t like it here is a complete muppet in my book & generally someone that is in denial. I live in Thailand because I love Thailand & my family are here, yes I could go back to the UK & claim everything free but I don’t choose to do that.

Just because I have my own opinion that I would rather pay for a government health care plan than get kicked to the curb by a large cooperation insurance company when I get ill or old is my right to that opinion, but that doesn’t mean I should go home & claim my free NHS because I don’t agree with it, who says I wouldn’t be prepared to pay the government the same as I would a private company?

We don’t have to agree with everything that happens in Thailand for the fear of someone like yourself saying well go home if you don’t like it, a previous post before I mentioned I don’t personally mind bribes others disagreed & gave a fair argument back, but to walk around in a bubble thinking everything in the garden is rosy & anybody that thinks differently should go home is absolute bollox

End of...................................

Back