Escape Route?

largely agree Coffee

no reason to think that Kamen is a better country to live in than LoS,
many things cheaper, yes
visa stuff easier, yes
land ownership easier to handle, yes

and so?

the bullshit amount, same same or higher in Kamen?
unpredictable police, same same?
unpredictable "officials" as the the Thais call 'em same same or worse
corruption all over the place?
thugs on the loose everywhere?, guess so

At least Dictator PM Hun Sen has been in power 17 years. He got quite a jump on Prayuth.

At least Dictator PM Hun Sen has been in power 25 or so years. He got quite a jump on Prayuth.
Think of the money that can be saved by not having elections and by not having opposition political parties. But how can these countries be members of the ASEAN Economic Community if they do not have democratically-elected governments.

VN, Cambo, Brunei, Malaysia, Myanamar...
I don't think having democraticaly-elected govts is a requirement, do you? :mask:

I believe the health care available is a greater concern in Laos & Cambodia.
Or has that improved too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that Ruampaet hospital in Surin has all signs in both Thai and Khmer, speaks volumes.

The Siem reap lady, who runs the alcohol shop just off Pub Street, regularly takes her aging husband to Thailand for medical treatment as she says what is available in Cambodia is no good.

However, Siem Reap's main hospital is part of the Bangkok Hospital group.

^^^
Strange Nick that she doesn't or won't take her 'aging husband' there for medical treatment.
Don't you think that speaks volumes for older expats that may require a proper hospital and services ? (I do.)

^^^
Strange Nick that she doesn't or won't take her 'aging husband' there for medical treatment.
Don't you think that speaks volumes for older expats that may require a proper hospital and services ? (I do.)

"When in Rome do as the Romans do, or, to add topicality, when in Cambodia do as the Cambodians do." Come to Surin for all your shopping and medical treatment. And it can't be any more difficult than those living in Surin travelling to Bangkok for medical treatment. Easy!

"When in Rome do as the Romans do, or, to add topicality, when in Cambodia do as the Cambodians do." Come to Surin for all your shopping and medical treatment. And it can't be any more difficult than those living in Surin travelling to Bangkok for medical treatment. Easy!
Taking into account the border crossing, yes it probably is quite near, time-wise.

Thai people, and I'm going to assume and include Khmer people, do not like going to the hospital and will avoid it at all costs. Many people think that if you go, you may not be coming back....just sayin'
mario299

Thai people, and I'm going to assume and include Khmer people, do not like going to the hospital and will avoid it at all costs. Many people think that if you go, you may not be coming back....just sayin'
mario299
Some in the west feel the same way and I can partly understand the sentiment.

The fact that Ruampaet hospital in Surin has all signs in both Thai and Khmer, speaks volumes.

The Siem reap lady, who runs the alcohol shop just off Pub Street, regularly takes her aging husband to Thailand for medical treatment as she says what is available in Cambodia is no good.

However, Siem Reap's main hospital is part of the Bangkok Hospital group.
I am told that the government hospital in Surin also has signs in Khmer and is very busy dealing with Khmer patients who have money - not so much time or beds for the local populace as they did previously.

Back