Extension of Stay time again.

Not relevant to Surinites but a brief report on my extension application yesterday.

09:20 Kasikorn Bank for bank letter; 15 minutes waiting/processing time.

09:40 in Jomtien Immigration office with queue number (one person in front of me). Forms checked/accepted/submitted, paid - out 09:58.

In accordance with local practice I have to return after 2pm today to pick up my passport.

I went Surin Imm yesterday,arrived at 9.50 after collecting SCB Bank letter.Handed over all the papers they asked for. Passport handed back with 12mth (retirement extnsn) at
11.05. Office wasn t too busy & they had plenty of staff (6 people)
As the last time I went there(Jan)they complained as my wife didn t go there with me(& infact t/phoned her to inform her she must come along each time I go there).
So this time my wife came along & reckoned they are far to slow due to all the rechecking of paperwork etc

I went Surin Imm yesterday,arrived at 9.50 after collecting SCB Bank letter.Handed over all the papers they asked for. Passport handed back with 12mth (retirement extnsn) at
As the last time I went there(Jan)they complained as my wife didn t go there with me(& infact t/phoned her to inform her she must come along each time I go there).
So this time my wife came along & reckoned they are far to slow due to all the rechecking of paperwork etc
One should not need to have a wife accompany you for a retirement extension. I would just tell them NO WIFE! Neither of my 2 wives has ever come with me to any immigration office, not even when I applied for PR. Just told them she was busy/working/unavailable etc etc. when asked, but rarely even asked. Never had a problem.

One should not need to have a wife accompany you for a retirement extension. I would just tell them NO WIFE! Neither of my 2 wives has ever come with me to any immigration office, not even when I applied for PR. Just told them she was busy/working/unavailable etc etc. when asked, but rarely even asked. Never had a problem.
My wife dose it all for me. I have not been in a immigration office for 4 years. ;;victory;;

Why are you going to Immigration every 6 months, Alan? January and June?

The only reason that I can envisage your wife needs to accompany you for a retirement extension of stay is as your "landlady" to confirm your address and that you live at that address. Plus to translate the completely unnecessary bullshit forms that need to be completed for no apparent reason.

My wife dose it all for me. I have not been in a immigration office for 4 years. ;;victory;;

You are not a normal case (as you are well aware). :grinning:

I agree with Yorkie that the only possible reason for a wife to be present is the address confirmation. Even that is pointless because your address will have been accepted at least 3 times, from 90 day reporting, in the previous 12 months. A yellow book should also make her redundant.

Yorky- When I went there (Jan),the Thai girl who accepts the papers,said where s your wife.I replied it s "R" not "M" extension& I have the 2 bits (copy of I D & blue book)she
has to sign. Told me she needs to be there as well. The lady in charge told me the same(& t/phnd my wife).
The reason for 2 visits was the 1st extensn only valid until 21/June due to PP expiring.
When I recd my new PP I visited Surin Imm,expecting them to update the Extension to 27th Jan -My normal Extensn date but all they did was stamp me for 21st June again.
Lady in charge wasn t there on that visit.
THE BIG MINUS with all this (B& bearing in mind the fee is 1900 B pa)I I ve shelled out B4700 made up as 2 x 1900 fees, 2 Bnk letter fees B400 & B500 to Imm for the initial
t/f stamp into new PP.

Yorky- When I went there (Jan),the Thai girl who accepts the papers,said where s your wife.I replied it s "R" not "M" extension& I have the 2 bits (copy of I D & blue book)she
has to sign. Told me she needs to be there as well. The lady in charge told me the same(& t/phnd my wife).
The reason for 2 visits was the 1st extensn only valid until 21/June due to PP expiring.
When I recd my new PP I visited Surin Imm,expecting them to update the Extension to 27th Jan -My normal Extensn date but all they did was stamp me for 21st June again.
THE BIG MINUS with all this (B& bearing in mind the fee is 1900 B pa)I I ve shelled out B4700 made up as 2 x 1900 fees, 2 Bnk letter fees B400 & B500 to Imm for the initial
t/f stamp into new PP.
I had my new passport in November 2021, 4 weeks before I was due to do my extension of stay. I only paid 1,900 baht, plus 300 baht for the bank letter and 12-month statement. There was no charge for the transfer of stamps from the old passport to the new. To the best of my knowledge, there is no charge for this service.

I had my new passport in November 2021, 4 weeks before I was due to do my extension of stay. I only paid 1,900 baht, plus 300 baht for the bank letter and 12-month statement. There was no charge for the transfer of stamps from the old passport to the new. To the best of my knowledge, there is no charge for this service.

500 Baht to transfer stamps to a new passport in Buriram (and elsewhere).

No receipt issued ......

Never expect Immigration to do anything that you consider logical. I received my new passport in November 2019 but didn't have any information transfered to it until my extension of stay was due the following May. There was no charge. It meant carrying two passports around for 6 months but that was no hardship.

Back