Extension or Border Run?

I am surprised that Canberra embassy issued "Multi" O again. For some strange reason multis were removed from everywhere except Savanakhet.
The last time I tried they issued a single and refunded me in cash from the fee for a multi.
How did you know? @Wombat or was that just dumb luck that you applied for a multi and got one.
Dumb luck @Rice and @CO-CO . It was an option on the Embassy website information about Visas so I blindly applied. It might have been the same dumb luck that applied to most of our sojourn of two and a half years in Australia.

Buying a house at a low price, selling at nearly double what I paid, the wife getting her Permanent Visa in record time, getting hand outs from the Government, free health care......

Multi was always an option on the form. But they never told anybody that they were not issuing them. I will apply for a multi for my return. You watch me get knocked back again. 555.

Multi was always an option on the form. But they never told anybody that they were not issuing them. I will apply for a multi for my return. You watch me get knocked back again. 555.

Did you get knocked back?

Have not applied yet, But will be soon. I will let you know. Still in Aus.
Last time I did my extension, I got talking to a guy who was in front of me at immi who was there for a multi reentry.
After I got my stamp, I saw him again on the way out--all sorted for B1000, can't be that hard---------------------maybe.

Last time I did my extension, I got talking to a guy who was in front of me at immi who was there for a multi reentry.
After I got my stamp, I saw him again on the way out--all sorted for B1000, can't be that hard---------------------maybe.
I have to send my documents too Canberra. The last time I ticked multi with the appropriate money order sum. They sent me back a single and cash for the discrepancy. No other reasons given. But Wombat says he was just given a multi on request. We will see. Not long now for my return. My dog must think I am dead. She is going to get a hell of a surprise! I can't wait.

I have to send my documents too Canberra. The last time I ticked multi with the appropriate money order sum. They sent me back a single and cash for the discrepancy. No other reasons given. But Wombat says he was just given a multi on request. We will see. Not long now for my return. My dog must think I am dead. She is going to get a hell of a surprise! I can't wait.
Just a thought---apply for it here, after dealing with the embassy in Canberra, be glad you are not swinging by your goolies waiting.

?????????? You cannot get a 'O" visa based on marriage in Thailand. Unless a brown envelope is involved.
AHH, ok but now i'm a little perplexed.
When I moved here permanantly in 2018, I started out on a retirement visa/ extention and got that in Kap Chewy and yes B6,000 tea money involved.
In 2020, I changed to a married visa here in Pattaya so, that is where the confusion is comming from, after all, you know i'm a dumb f*ck.

Dumb luck @Rice and @CO-CO .
Buying a house at a low price, selling at nearly double what I paid, the wife getting her Permanent Visa in record time, getting hand outs from the Government, free health care......

Reads as though Wombat was way ahead of the curve. Good on you, Wombie.

How many AU$ must be seasoned to make Visa based on Marriage (or extention)...AUD~18,000...or THB400,000?

How many AU$ must be seasoned to make Visa based on Marriage (or extention)...AUD~18,000...or THB400,000?
Ahead of the curve? He did not even know. That's what his advantage was, To obtain an "O" visa from Thai embassy no proof of funds is needed, As in Savanakhet Laos.
To get an extension based on marriage in Thailand, as you stated 400,000 Baht in the bank for two months.

When I got my first married extension, I had B400,000+ in the bank, but now I just use proof of income-- Australian bank reciepts monthly, OFX transferee
doccuments and reciepts from my Thai bank.

Ahead of the curve? He did not even know. That's what his advantage was, To obtain an "O" visa from Thai embassy no proof of funds is needed, As in Savanakhet Laos.
To get an extension based on marriage in Thailand, as you stated 400,000 Baht in the bank for two months.
This was the same for me in Washington DC. I also took a casher check from Bank of Bangkok for the amount they charged.

I was told Savanakhet want to still see money in the bank for a Retirement visa BUT the bank can be in any country.

A marriage visa doesn't require proof of funds at Savanakhat.
The above info was given to me last week by Thai Visa (Assean Now) Mod.

Back