Farang connection changes hands New year

alanthebuilder

Administrator
Whirspers that the Farang connection will be taken over in the New year .
The place will have New owners and should give the place a new lease of life.
Great venue I hope things work out .
It will be back in Farang management again .
More details coming soon .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Hope it works out, as it’s still so well known (rightly or wrongly) for travelers.
So 2 iconic places changing around Xmas time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he can get the liquor license transferred. There is a Wat directly behind the FC, and I hear that was a big problem for Cheffie's with the Sydney Canale deal. The government would NOT give a liquor license in the new owner's name, as the place is too close to the nearby schools.

I fail to see what the proximity of schools has to do with selling booze in the evenings. Same here in PKC, with the new seafood restaurant. Opens when the schools have shut. No comment re Wats! TIT!

I hope he can get the liquor license transferred. There is a Wat directly behind the FC, and I hear that was a big problem for Cheffie's with the Sydney Canale deal. The government would NOT give a liquor license in the new owner's name, as the place is too close to the nearby schools.

I wonder in whose name the licence currently is. AFAIK no one has seen hide nor hair of Mrs. Knapp for a long time.

I fail to see what the proximity of schools has to do with selling booze in the evenings. Same here in PKC, with the new seafood restaurant. Opens when the schools have shut. No comment re Wats! TIT!

It's silly and foolish. But they are very strict now and someone just told me they are not giving ANY NEW liquor licenses in the city of Surin. A couple new places (Thai owned) have tried and been rebuffed. And they are not near any schools or Wats either.

Update .
I've been talking to the guy who was going to take over and checks have proven alcohol licence will not be given .
So he's not interested now .
No idea what will happen, I see work going on inside.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Latest I heard the other night is that FC will be taken over by a member of the Thai family that owns the building. (A daughter it was said.) Supposedly to be turned into a Thai restaurant.

Latest I heard the other night is that FC will be taken over by a member of the Thai family that owns the building. (A daughter it was said.) Supposedly to be turned into a Thai restaurant.
Bit off topic but I was surprised to hear from ‘Ivan The Terrible’ that he had closed down the ‘Oasis’ a few months ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passed by the old double-wide cave known once as Farang Connection.
It's a empty shell. Possibly someone is remodeling.

A once glorious Surin expat institution has passed its expiration date. :sleepy: RIP.

Possibly some of the senior members can post up pics from yesteryear when it still had a pulse.

Back