Fuck all that

Discussion in 'Surin News' started by Cent, May 21, 2020.

1. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

You are not fucked M2Y2 - as long as you can write down your contact details............................ or Mrs M2Y2 does it for you.;)

Ivor the Engine likes this.
  2. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member Staff Member

I don't need one either. However, I have to carry it with me whenever I leave the house. SWMBO insists. It's my electronic ball and chain or ankle bracelet. Article 44 approved apparently. :D:D:D

Ivor the Engine likes this.
  3. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

Also a useful tool should you ever require urgent assistance.

Wanderer and mario299 like this.
  4. nomad97

Exactly, that is SWMBO's party line too. And the built-in camera is another useful feature should you have an accident. :D:D:D

5. Prakhonchai Nick

Prakhonchai Nick Surin Legend

That alone is why I have my telephone with me at all times when outside.

6. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Nowhere man

I sign in as Mickey Mouse (in English) so no-one can read it OR just ignore it all and walk on in.

7. ColinW

ColinW Surin Legend

Sorry Ivor, we live in Thailand and should follow the stores rules.
    I prefer to follow the way Thailand is controlling the virus than take my chances in the UK

CO-CO and mario299 like this.
  8. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

+1

9. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

Do you realise why it is required?

If someone who has visited the store is found subsequently to be infected then the store can determine who was in the store at the same time as the infected and contact them in order that they may be tested.

Surin, ColinW and CO-CO like this.
  10. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

Then hopefully if the person in front of you passed on CV19 to you the authorities will not be able to find you.

No wonder Farangs get a bad name with the Thais.

11. nomad97

There is another side to this coin. Two of the three shops I have visited within the past week, Thai Watsadu and Tops Market, have waived me through with just a temperature check. Should I make a fuss and insist on being signed in? Tops Market did not have a signing in sheet, and I do not think Thai Watsadu did either. The third shop, Homepro, did have a signing-in sheet which I signed with Name, Rank, and Number. It's not a problem for ex-servicemen, we are well trained and used to it! :D:D:D

upload_2020-5-22_11-13-3.jpeg

Ivor the Engine and CO-CO like this.
  12. Prakhonchai Nick

Shouldn't ex servicemen, ex policemen and the like be just plain Mr..........(or conceivably Mrs/Miss)?

13. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Nowhere man

I read that a vast majority of people do not then sign when they leave but I'm sure the process will work efficiently.

14. nomad97

No Sir! In the British Armed Forces, officers of the rank of major, or above, or the equivalent ranks in the other two services, retain their rank when retired. It's up to the individual whether they choose to use that rank or not. The press had a field day with the use of 'Captain' Tom and all the laps around his garden. Strictly speaking, Captain Tom should have been referred to as Mr. until he was knighted this week. :D:D:D

Prakhonchai Nick likes this.
  15. Prakhonchai Nick

Some retired folk clearly deserve to retain their rank. Others, closer to home (and not referring to you Sqn Ldr Nomad) do the armed forces and police service more harm than good by retaining their titles.

nomad97 likes this.
  16. Moderators

Moderators SITE ADMINISTRATOR Staff Member

I agree with you and apologies, as that was meant as a ‘ruse’ to get a reaction. In all honesty, I have never signed as MM and do abide by the rules.
    Obviously my cunning plan worked, as Alan Crisp (latest forum name on BE = Smithy) has quoted my comment. 555

Rice, ColinW, nomad97 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

I've never had to 'sign in' at Tops these past couple months. Just a temp check and given the hand sanitizer to use. Was just there yesterday. Same deal.

Ivor the Engine, Wanderer and gotlost like this.
New | Recent