good pizza in surin

I know this thread has been done to death over the years but since you are a "Newbie" I will give you my own thoughts. If I understand you correctly, you are Italian? In that case forget about finding a genuine, real Italian pizza here in Surin. Whatever you do, don't even take a go at one of the Pizza's from the Pizza Company. That is pure garbage and will make your stomach do cartwheels. Now, a lot of the Lads in Surin will vouch for the Pizza at Starbeam's, IMO, it's O.K. and will satisfy you to some degree. Since I often go to Bangkok I just wait until I am there and then I go to my favorite places for pizza.

Why would you come to Surin looking for pizza? Eat som tam, pad grapow, etc. I know a little bit of home cooking can soothe the soul....but let's get real. I sometimes fancy a Lancashire hotpot...but don't expect to find one in Surin....unless I make it myself.

I've been here more than 15yrs and would not attempt to eat that bacteria filled crap 'som tam'. Try the pizza or any western style fare at Starbeams. The food is better than you get in Bkk and damn side cheaper.

I've been here more than 15yrs and would not attempt to eat that bacteria filled crap 'som tam'. Try the pizza or any western style fare at Starbeams. The food is better than you get in Bkk and damn side cheaper.

My wife was having surgery done in Korat Bangkok Hospital and the surgeon told her the same thing. Never eat Som Tam because it is full of bacteria. He said the black crabs in it carry most of the bacteria. The pizza at Starbeam's is probably the best in Surin but it is American style.

agree with the above, but just like to add that Norby is back making his Pizza's again. They used to be very good too when he made them years ago!

where possible eat good pizza in surin..im italy im like pizza

And, as many people already know, pizza is not Italian food but an American adaptation. If you like pizza, that's good and Mike at Starbeams offers a very decent one. He's from Boston, though, not Italy.

mario299

just ask for som tum prawn WITH NO CHILLI. That means they'll only put one or two in it. clean and very tasty. Try and get it made at home.

Ok guys, sorry...I was trying to be tongue in cheek and controversial, encouraged by a few glasses of wine with dinner.
I don't eat som tam either!

Holy Guacamole Batman, did I understand that Nobbie is STILL in business???? I think the only way he is still alive and has not been shot dead by Thais is because of Noi his wife. His outright dislike and venemous language towards Thais is pathetic. Once upon a time I did enjoy a meal in there and the afternoon chat fests with the Lads but Nobbie managed to make a righteous cock up of that.

Whilst this thread remains, I'd like to add that I had one of the best pizza's ever at Starbeams last night....don't know if it was a Yanky one, French or whatever!..but bloody aroy!

Agree with you, Khun Surin, I have found the pizzas at Starbeam's delicious and made to order.

I've had a couple of Pizzas at Sidney seasons now, Italian style with fresh tomatoes. I really like them but i might imagine that some may find the tomato paste a little sweet. 220 Bt for a large one.

Holy Guacamole Batman, did I understand that Nobbie is STILL in business???? I think the only way he is still alive and has not been shot dead by Thais is because of Noi his wife. His outright dislike and venemous language towards Thais is pathetic. Once upon a time I did enjoy a meal in there and the afternoon chat fests with the Lads but Nobbie managed to make a righteous cock up of that.

This is quite unfortuanate as to his general attitude and feelings towards the community at large.

Back