Growing grasshoppers??

Stargazer

Surin Legend
My wife is promoting the 'hot new idea' of growing grasshoppers (by her son). It sounds too easy, which always makes me nervous. If it is so easy, why isn't everyone doing it and flooding the market? Kind of sounds like bubble tea, but I'm a grizzled old businessman who made money the old fashioned, hard work way.

Anyone have any direct experience with this?

My wife is promoting the 'hot new idea' of growing grasshoppers (by her son). It sounds too easy, which always makes me nervous. If it is so easy, why isn't everyone doing it and flooding the market? Kind of sounds like bubble tea, but I'm a grizzled old businessman who made money the old fashioned, hard work way.

NO

Time Out fishing park/restaurant used to grow them. Ludo spend a lot of money building a large room with concrete round 'enclosures'.
I think the income never exceeded his expenditure. He left LOS years ago, for Vietnam, I believe.

Mel, how old is her son ?
In which field of study is his university degree ?

Time Out fishing park/restaurant used to grow them. Ludo spend a lot of money building a large room with concrete round 'enclosures'.
I think the income never exceeded his expenditure. He left LOS years ago, for Vietnam, I believe.
Cambodia first at least. Siem Reap area. Teaching English I heard.

Other small income earners are raising the eating frogs, mushroom farming, etc. Never heard of anyone making a bundle from these really. Many in the villages do bug capturing in the rice fields using UV lighting, a half barrel filled with water and a tin shield/slide behind the lights where the attracted bugs slide down into the water for sorting and frying for sale. Used to see these all over in the rice fields at night.

My wife is promoting the 'hot new idea' of WHATEVER*....
[* ie: in this case growing grasshoppers by her son]....
but I'm a grizzled old businessman who made money the old fashioned, hard work way.

It couldn't hurt to have this discussion with Mrs Mel now. :)

Currently at what amount is the required request of monetary funds to fully explore or fully back this proposed project ?
Is he going to require a vehicle to bring his products to market ?

It couldn't hurt to have this discussion with Mrs Mel now. :)

Currently at what amount is the required request of monetary funds to fully explore or fully back this proposed project ?
Is he going to require a vehicle to bring his products to market ?
Hi, Coffee. We think alike. I have asked him (and my wife) for a 'business plan'. They're inexperienced and don't know what I'm talking about. I'm working on it.

My question would be why a 24 year old healthy man does not have a job with salary? Grasshoppers? Does he watch the children while his wife works? There's no relative to do that while he actually goes to work? Seems to me at least, the man needs an actual job.

I'm not laughing, Coffee. Go get'm. We need good books. My favorite Thai-subject fiction author in English is Timothy Hallinan (The Queen of Patpong, etc.)

This author's series of crime novels centre around a half caste BKK policeman. A half dozen books in total I think, I enjoyed everything I have read in the series and enjoy the philosophical view of Somchai the BKK cop.

Hi, Coffee. We think alike. I have asked him (and my wife) for a 'business plan'. They're inexperienced and don't know what I'm talking about. I'm working on it.

I think they know exactly what you are talking about.
It is called 'accountability'.

(It is a very dangerous word particularly when one was only seeking a 'hand out' or a freebie.)

Surely others can share their personal tale of woe.

Essentially we are all on earth to be happy. We were not put here to take care of all and sundry...unless you are a bank that choose to say yes with collateral or no.

Nothing is ever guaranteed. It is up to you to find your own level of comfort financially that guarantees your future happiness. imho

Back