HIP CAFE' Rooftop Bar

I have lead a sheltered life. What the goodness is Bingsu?

It from Korea for the most part. This snack is composed of ice shavings and various ingredients such as sweetened condensed milk, fruit syrups, various fruits such as strawberries, kiwifruit, and bananas, small pieces of tteok (rice cake), chewy jelly bits, and cereal flakes. It is often topped with ice cream or frozen yogurt. But I think the Silk variety is a little different by the look.

I have lead a sheltered life. What the goodness is Bingsu?

It from Korea for the most part. This snack is composed of ice shavings and various ingredients such as sweetened condensed milk, fruit syrups, various fruits such as strawberries, kiwifruit, and bananas, small pieces of tteok (rice cake), chewy jelly bits, and cereal flakes. It is often topped with ice cream or frozen yogurt. But I think the Silk variety is a little different by the look.
Tasty stuff. My daughter turned me onto it when we were in Korat Mall a couple years back. She had it in Bangkok when it first became popular. Nice stuff. :) I haven't had this Hip Cafe silk version yet. I'll report back when I finally do here.

And yes, from Korea. Seems anything Korean is popular with the younger Thais. TV shows, music, foods, etc.

And yes, from Korea. Seems anything Korean is popular with the younger Thais. TV shows, music, foods, etc.

Absolutely true. Korean "youth culture" has eclipsed the House of the Rising Sun for Thais.

I really enjoyed Korean ladies back stateside but was unwilling to go that route. (Long story short.)
Thai ladies seemed more "economical" in the long run...although I still drink soju.

Go to Korea and see if you still like them.
Same as Chinese food..great in Western countries but absolute crap in China.

Ye olde 'YMMV' = "your mileage may vary." ;-)
To each their own...know when to hold 'em, know when fold 'em.

two weeks waiting period - what's that about?
It is supposed to be best to allow the vaccine a 2 week period to take affect and boost your immune system to its highest level. The jab is not instantaneously at full effectiveness the day of. So no gallivanting about like you are fully protected the first 2 weeks after the 2nd jab.

Last edited:
I lived in China for over 12 months. I didn't find the food distasteful.
My daughter did about 3 years in China. She disliked the food. Bland, no meat in the meat dishes, no spice. She's Thai though and they like their Thai foods over most else. Big country though, and most provinces have their local cuisines.

My daughter did about 3 years in China. She disliked the food. Bland, no meat in the meat dishes, no spice. She's Thai though and they like their Thai foods over most else. Big country though, and most provinces have their local cuisines.
Reminds me why most Thais dislike Indian food for similar reasons.

It is supposed to be best to allow the vaccine a 2 week period to take affect and boost your immune system to its highest level. The jab is not instantaneously at full effectiveness the day of. So no gallivanting about like you are fully protected the first 2 weeks after the 2nd jab.

I heard that about the first jab. I don't get my second until 24th (now delayed until 27th).

I heard that about the first jab. I don't get my second until 24th (now delayed until 27th).
I think it applies to both jabs. Though I am not 100% certain on that. Me? I'm not taking chances. I'd be pissed off if I caught the damn virus after getting the 2nd jab. LOL

Back