I think Surin needs a pub

alanthebuilder

Administrator
I think Surin needs a pub. In Burriram they have a pub Paddy’s ,in Prasat they have Ryan’s a pub like this
marketkells.jpg

All we seem to have in Surin is restaurants with tables ,if you enter one or these places and you’re on your own it can be difficult to meet people , the pub as I show in the example has a “bar” where anyone can sit and meet people to talk and so on – What do you guys think does Surin need a pub ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree, maybe that could be another use of the Rasai warehouse your buildingChokdee5
It would need a farang to prop it up, if one ever exists in Surin City. I nominate Baz as the man for that job.EvilLaugh1

Right now there seems to be many Thai bars opening every week.

You can meet people as long as the TV in the bar is turned off. TV is one of most anti-social things ever invented

I've woundered why there's is not a good old pub in Surin for a while now , the ideal place i looked at is right opposite the farang connection ,a big corner unit, its a big building the rent is 100.000 Baht a year approx 8000 Baht a month its an ideal spot for a bar there are 4 big rooms upstairs it has all been renovated recnetly , i think it used to be the old farang connection b4 Saunie told me.

I think the 'sort off' coffee shop/dress shop right opposite to the Thong Tarin is the best location in Surin. Its a very large building and near to all entertainment. A corner location with off road parking behind it and a side entrance too.

I agree , but all the shops there are owned by the hotel.

The side entrance, could be for when there's a Lock in. ThumbUp6

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean on the other side of the main road. In other words, just past 7/11 a way.
Not the units where BigBite is on the corner. I havn't described the place very well,have I.
Club_fight1

This is a nice looking bar in Buriram (and you might even recognise a few of the 'punters')
http://www.buriramexpats.com/paddys-irish-bar/

When I worked in Sumui there was a few places like this with a BAR ,a bar to sit around I think it is a good idea .I wonder if the Thai,s would sit at the bar too ? Also it would be a good place for the Thai Ladys to meet a farang.

yes alan there are a few like it in fishermans village mate and nice one's to.

And in the green mango, i'll check them out next week when i'm there..glug glug.

Yes I know the Lord Nelson, you find X-pats meet up early eve for a few beers . In Surin there isn’t the same thing if you go out to Thai bars no one will be out until 10.30, only restaurants to go to and it’s not the same. This is why I think Surin needs a pub with food of course and a smoking and none smoking area, pool table background music Farang of course,what do you think ?

Last edited:
I don't think a pub would work here unless it was a small one. Thais don't seem to do pubs. They prefer to sit with friends at a table, buy food, munchies, a bottle to share with ice and soda water etc. Different culture really. Something like a sports pub may work, but I would think the main clientele would be farang, and most would be there to watch sports on the TV, not eat much, although bar fare might go over some, and just some few customers drinking beer and then most would f**k off once the sports games were over. A pub/bar of the sort like Gulliver's, Sukhumvit Soi 5, Bangkok, has worked I have seen, but they have a huge amount of foreign tourists to draw from, the place is huge, plenty of freelancers and young women are available as an added attraction, and they also have their restaurant area as well, and pool tables in the back too. There just would not be much traffic here in little old Surin for something of that magnitude. And live sports here are on TV at odd hours. Possible to work if you opened all hours, but I just do not think there is much of a customer base for one here. Too small a city. Different cultural aspects which limits your customer base as well.

All of the more popular 'pubs' I've seen in BKK and Pattaya are pubs with restaurant attached. Nice one on Soi Bukhao in Pattaya actually... The Butcher's Arms.

Last edited:
Well run and comfortably priced, it is a great business opportunity for someone.

Well run and comfortably priced, it is a great business opportunity for someone.

Agreed.

I'd like to see a well run sportsbar. Minus plastic tables and chairs.

I don't think a pub would work here unless it was a small one. Thais don't seem to do pubs. They prefer to sit with friends at a table, buy food, munchies, a bottle to share with ice and soda water etc. Different culture really. Something like a sports pub may work, but I would think the main clientele would be farang, and most would be there to watch sports on the TV, not eat much, although bar fare might go over some, and just some few customers drinking beer and then most would f**k off once the sports games were over. A pub/bar of the sort like Gulliver's, Sukhumvit Soi 5, Bangkok, has worked I have seen, but they have a huge amount of foreign tourists to draw from, the place is huge, plenty of freelancers and young women are available as an added attraction, and they also have their restaurant area as well, and pool tables in the back too. There just would not be much traffic here in little old Surin for something of that magnitude. And live sports here are on TV at odd hours. Possible to work if you opened all hours, but I just do not think there is much of a customer base for one here. Too small a city. Different cultural aspects which limits your customer base as well.

All of the more popular 'pubs' I've seen in BKK and Pattaya are pubs with restaurant attached. Nice one on Soi Bukhao in Pattaya actually... The Butcher's Arms.

Thanks Mike - I was in Paddys in Burriram last week and that seems to be working ok , its a pub it does sell meals too nice place beer Leo 65 for a large 1 .

Last edited:

Yes a nice pub , run by a thai lady owner.

No way, Sangka. A pub is an essentially British thing (including Irish and Commonwealth types like Aussies) with a barman/owner, plus a barmaid or two. Isn't that so, Alan?

Yes, you are quite right isanbirder. We can't have any old Jonny foreigner tippin up announcing they own a pub. All publicans must originate from within Elizabeths realm (Republics graciously included), and have a picture of her Maj on the wall or the Queen mum Gawd less er! Anything else is just a plain old bar at best.:tongue:ThumbUp6

Yes a nice pub , run by a thai lady owner.

Its not Pook is it? Used to own the big shleter of bars across the street a few years back before that part of Soi Bukhao got redeveloped. Shes a bit of a Mamasan looking bird dripping in gold.

Back