I think Surin needs a pub

No way, Sangka. A pub is an essentially British thing (including Irish and Commonwealth types like Aussies) with a barman/owner, plus a barmaid or two. Isn't that so, Alan?

Do you want to put money on it ? Her Name is Kob and she's a thai and a nice lady , i go there all the time when i'm in patts , infact my mate is having a drink with her in The Butchers Arms as we Speak.

Yes, you are quite right isanbirder. We can't have any old Jonny foreigner tippin up announcing they own a pub. All publicans must originate from within Elizabeths realm (Republics graciously included), and have a picture of her Maj on the wall or the Queen mum Gawd less er! Anything else is just a plain old bar at best.:tongue:ThumbUp6

I think the Irish have the upper hand in running pubs, especially when outside their native countries. Forget the pics of Her Maj and the Queen Mum. A framed photo of Eamon De Valera, accompanied by Irish memorabilia, and some tasty Thai lasses dressed "in the green" Plus an ample supply of Jamesons and Murphys whiskey and draft Guinness! Jump_Drool

Forget the pics of Her Maj and the Queen Mum.

Of course, I was joking when I said that Nick. I would'nt be seen dead with a photo of any Royals personally.

Iv'e no idea who Eamon De Valera is. Perhaps a nice photo of Eamon Holmes would be better?:smile:

I know Nile, the Irish guy who used to Manage that place. A good guy

yes Nile is a nice easygoing bloke , he left there 3 years ago and went into business withhis brother selling shoe's in Dublin.

But he gave the staff a hard time at Murphy's and they didn't like it blonde paul, the other irish
manager is also a good guy he is now the Genaral Manager there.

Do you remember the phillipino band Ovada with two hot girl singers there still there doing a good job. Chokdee5

Paul watsons also owe's the Bangkok Resuarant as well , its near Big C and the pub there is called the irish times run by Derrick Pauls father.Cool3pub with cheap Guinness.

I don't care who run the bar................as long as they have Belgian beer Dream1

As any Englishman or Irishman etc will tell you, there's a big difference between a bar and a pub. But there's no discrimination against any beer, whisky, or other drink so long as the customers want it.

For me a pub is a bar in England. They are just watering holes for gatherings or some purpose. It's the atmosphere that counts, not the interior.

Last edited:
As an Aussie, I think the Pommy pubs are great watering holes and a site for the poms to have a chat....probaly 'bout Liz, Charles and the cricket failures...
been to a few of them when in London and outskirts with friends (yes, I DO have some) and really enjoyed the experience...warm, cozy, friendly. To replicate this in Surin is a challenge...I have a good mate in BKK who owns the Ship Inn just around the corner of Soi Cowboy...it's a great Pommy bar and there is good tucker...steak anf Kidney pie...yummy...
Tonight, first time in 4 months that I have had a drink...good ol' Johnny...luv him...recovering from bloody Thai originated TB where the medication here is a 'liver shredder' so have been off the scotch...but tonight have been /am naughty (spanking is in order).
Apologies to issanbirder if my English is not in order...(lol)

Thanks for the info on the Irish bloke nick... Shame you and Dave both missed my piss taking point mind...:tongue:

Yes, you are quite right isanbirder. We can't have any old Jonny foreigner tippin up announcing they own a pub. All publicans must originate from within Elizabeths realm (Republics graciously included), and have a picture of her Maj on the wall or the Queen mum Gawd less er! Anything else is just a plain old bar at best.:tongue:ThumbUp6
http://www.terragalleria.com/photo/?id=uken35689&keyword=inside-restaurants like this does one mean Lukey ..... Tad posh ?

Looks right, Sangka... all it needs now is an Irish barman full of the blarney! I have mixed feelings about barstools; they tend to anchor people instead of letting them move from place to place freely. Posh, Alan? Not really a good idea, tends to inhibit people. And even I wouldn't want the Queen on the wall!

Yes I know the Lord Nelson, you find X-pats meet up early eve for a few beers . In Surin there isn’t the same thing if you go out to Thai bars no one will be out until 10.30, only restaurants to go to and it’s not the same. This is why I think Surin needs a pub with food of course and a smoking and none smoking area, pool table background music Farang of course,what do you think ?
and don't forget the most importent alan nice looking bar maids with big tits

Maybe more to the point, instead of a NEW bar in Surin, one of the existing places could change???

Back