Kap Choeng Immigration

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
The immigration police drooped into M&D Coffee for a chat around noon time. He was recommended to our place by the staff of the Kap Choeng Hospital. The wife and I had a very pleasant visit with him and his wife. The gentleman was very informative on what was about to happen. As I understand he is being transfered from Swampy to coordinate with Chong Chom the reopening of Kap Choeng Immigration not October or next year but to reopen next month, YES HE said REOPEN MAY. He speaks very good English and i have no reason to doubt his word but seeing is believing.

If true, we'd all love to see this come about!!

Happy days!!Chokdee5

They were cleaning and taking innovatory yesterday of the premises. I suggested that they were more than welcome to us M&D Coffee as a temporary office until they get their office in shape.Grin_Jump1

This would be nice to see come about. I've been hearing rumors about this for months now, but no one ever seems to know exactly when it would happen.

Mike

I will have to go to Korat next time around regardless. June coincides with the renewal of my UK Passport which I have to DHL to Hong Kong. The nearest DHL offices are in Korat. It certainly will be good news if Kap Cheown reopens - always provided they offer the full range of services as offered by Korat. Then I can transfer my visa across to the new passport and extend the 12-month visa without the full day trip to Korat.

You can bet your cheep beers that I shall be keeping an eye on the developments. In the mean time COME ON DOWN...Chokdee5

Just so I'm clear GL [and gents], we're talking about the office that closed out of the blue a few years back....??

Because, as we all know, it hadn't had too much time to establish itself....as it becomes popular and conveient, it looked to be on its way - they started throwing money at it with expanding building, staffing and a brand new landscaping all around. And then closed mysteriously.

It was so convenient for most of us....

Nonetheless, I'm not going to attemt the logic and reasonings behind the ever-changing Thai Immigration mind.
We will welcome this location back.

You can bet your cheep beers that I shall be keeping an eye on the developments. In the mean time COME ON DOWN...Chokdee5

Thanks for the info and keep us updated. You are the Surin Farang Forum "eyes & ears & beers" in Kap Chong.

Just so I'm clear GL [and gents], we're talking about the office that closed out of the blue a few years back....??

Because, as we all know, it hadn't had too much time to establish itself....as it becomes popular and conveient, it looked to be on its way - they started throwing money at it with expanding building, staffing and a brand new landscaping all around. And then closed mysteriously.

It was so convenient for most of us....

Nonetheless, I'm not going to attemt the logic and reasonings behind the ever-changing Thai Immigration mind.
We will welcome this location back.

In short YES. This is the office. As I said they were in it the other day cleaning and taking envitory.

"......... it the other day cleaning and taking envitory" Maybe they were taking 'inventory' too.

Hello Gotlost, I have a feeling that the new Chief Immigration Officer is the one and the same that gave me a new identity when I did my 90-day report at Chom Chom a couple of weeks or so ago.

Nomad97

As I recall, they had that cutie there as well....who moved on to Korat.

She's a long time and dear friend of my missus.

I've been known to receive "special" treatment:rolleyes: from her in the past - Kap Choeng and Korat.

Has it's moments....:tongue:

As I recall, they had that cutie there as well....who moved on to Korat.

She's a long time and dear friend of my missus.

I've been known to receive "special" treatment:rolleyes: from her in the past - Kap Choeng and Korat.

Has it's moments....:tongue:

Rumor has it that this tomato is to return to KCI .Hug1

She did get promoted last year and is now one step further up the food(Tea money) chain

Back