Kapchoeng Adventure Begins

Thai Immigration have become real sticklers, word coming down from above I suppose, about doing visa extensions where your residence is. I know many people with addresses outside of Bangkok who used to do their extensions at Chaeng Wattana who now have to do them in the jangwat where they reside.

Was a thought,
really just to avoid the current crew at KC, as they are now stipulating that they want to see your pension transfered each and every month into your thai bank...and those of us on a private pension, that means around 25 UK pounds for each telex transfer...x12.

Nonsense.

Please dont say this is not true, or not the requirements , this has been stated to at least three people i know, with subsequent refusals...fact

Was a thought,
really just to avoid the current crew at KC, as they are now stipulating that they want to see your pension transfered each and every month into your thai bank...and those of us on a private pension, that means around 25 UK pounds for each telex transfer...x12.

Nonsense.

Please dont say this is not true, or not the requirements , this has been stated to at least three people i know, with subsequent refusals...fact

HSBC charge £4, Halifax charge £9.50 and World First don't charge at all.

Not the real point I know, just saying.

Was a thought,

Nonsense.

Not long ago an Embassy letter would suffice as proof. Now they want back up. They want to review your bank book entries for the last year. Many people that just make up an amount and put it on the Embassy form are going to get tripped up by this.

Not long ago an Embassy letter would suffice as proof. Now they want back up. They want to review your bank book entries for the last year. Many people that just make up an amount and put it on the Embassy form are going to get tripped up by this.

Othere immigration offices are doing this so its not just KCI for the reason stated.

Had no problems with my Statutory Declaration at Chonburi Immigration (Jomtien), last week. Hope it stays that way as I have never regularly transferred money to my Thai bank account and, also, not all of my earnings ever get to Thailand.

The mention in post 14 of refusal of a fixed account has got me anxious. I rely on a fixed account as, I know, do a number of other forum members.

I used this method last year without problem. A friend who did his extension in Pattaya recently said the fixed account was accepted but he had to show regular activity and income from overseas in a savings account alongside it.

Any other hard info about this from anyone?

^^^ John, show them your money vested in a savings account for 90 days confirming you have the required funds.

Bring along your other savings account book(s) that you utilize for your daily / weekly/ monthly expenditures thus theoretically proving that you are spending money in Thai.

A purchase of a vehicle or big expense items really make them happy T.I.C.

^^^ John, show them your money vested in a savings account for 90 days confirming you have the required funds.

Bring along your other savings account book(s) that you utilize for your daily / weekly/ monthly expenditures thus theoretically proving that you are spending money in Thai.

A purchase of a vehicle or big expense items really make them happy T.I.C.

That is OK unless like Aussie Bill (and others) you draw your money direct from a bank in your home country.

Back