KCI requirinng more than letter from embassey.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
This from BE and confirms what I have been seeing recently

conurgent icon_latest I took a friend to renew his extension based on retirement to immigration yesterday and there has been a major addition to the documentation required.

If you are using the 65K income route they now require, note REQUIRE, not request, in addition to a certified affidavid/statement of earnings from your embassy a bank statement or a copy of a Thai bank book showing that you have transfered/withdrawn sufficient funds to support yourself over the preceding 3 months prior to the date of your application.

They justify this requirement by stating that "there are a lot of fake or forged embassy letters being produced, we need to be sure you are bringing funds into the coumtry".

Several people were refused extensions yesterday with the simple phrase of "No bank statement, no extension, go away and get one"

I was also informed this also applies to those using the income route for marriage extensions.

This is, of course, bollocks.

It is going to make it difficult for those expats who still use a home country ATM card and probably don't get bank statements.

I would like to see immigration make sense of my passbook. I update ever couple of months and the machine usually consolidates all the transactions into one debit and one credit item.

SO, Can I ask what is the embassy stat dec use is then. Do they require this piece of paper for their toilets?

It appears that if you want to use "income stream" method. You will have to transfer the monthly requirement 65000 B or 40000 B for married over the preceding 3 months prior to the date of your application per month to your Thai bank account.

Just one more hoop to jump through.

Question though I have is, how did they work out the stat dec being produced were false? and if they were indeed false, why did they not report it to the foreign embassy concerned for charges to be laid in the persons concerned home country.

This whole story smells of BS. I mean their story for the rule change.

This has been my experience as recent as last week. Might as well skip the Embassy letter and just get a bank letter. Why hassle with making the trip to Bangkok?

This sounds like another scam so they can do a "Wombat" on those who are unable to comply.

As I use a home country ATM card. How in hell am I supposed to get a statement from my bank in NZ and what is there time frame?
I have just got a embassy letter and paid 1400baht.
Is this a local requirement or nationwide?

As I use a home country ATM card. How in hell am I supposed to get a statement from my bank in NZ and what is there time frame?
I have just got a embassy letter and paid 1400baht.
Is this a local requirement or nationwide?

My suggestion - if possible - is to take online statements/screen prints covering up to 3 months and showing your ATM withdrawals.

You are exactly the sort of person where this 'rule' becomes meaningless. Posts on BE suggest it is not as Draconian as we may first have thought:-

Geordie Boy

• Contributor with future
  • 2star.gif

xx.gif

Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies

« Reply #57 on: Today at 03:32:00 PM »

They are not asking to see the full amount pass through a bank account either Thai or Farang, my friend simply printed out foreign atm withdrawals from his Norwegian Bank account.

They appeared more than happy with that info, extension issued, then beer of course.

Thank you Co Co
I have just been online to look at my bank account and I am able to print the transactions.
As long as they don't want it signed by the bank manager.
Who knows, ??????

Thank you Co Co
I have just been online to look at my bank account and I am able to print the transactions.
As long as they don't want it signed by the bank manager.
Who knows, ??????

I think you will be OK based on what Got Lost was reporting about the Norwegian guy and his ATM receipts.

I think you will be OK based on what Got Lost was reporting about the Norwegian guy and his ATM receipts.

Dont count on it....

Facts that cant be put on here would make you forget about scurring around getting print outs e.t.c.......

Last edited:
From BE
Online urleft
Gifte​d Poster

AOL Instant Messenger - urleft234
View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 08:40:15 PM »
I've obtained income statements from the US Embassy twice, neither time did I have to prove what I wrote as my income. The embassy just validated what I wrote. However, the validation cost $50 and is a seal, not just a stamp, cannot easily be counterfeited.

However, I know of an instance where a Brit used another Brit's embassy income statement and just photoshopped in his name. This was accepted by immigration.

So I can see why they want some backup data. Also note as Nookie said that expats use agents to get around the income requirements.

Makes me ask how many of the rejection income letters MAY BE of rejection able status.

From BE
Online urleft
Gifte​d Poster

AOL Instant Messenger - urleft234
View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 08:40:15 PM »
I've obtained income statements from the US Embassy twice, neither time did I have to prove what I wrote as my income. The embassy just validated what I wrote. However, the validation cost $50 and is a seal, not just a stamp, cannot easily be counterfeited.

However, I know of an instance where a Brit used another Brit's embassy income statement and just photoshopped in his name. This was accepted by immigration.

So I can see why they want some backup data. Also note as Nookie said that expats use agents to get around the income requirements.

Makes me ask how many of the rejection income letters MAY BE of rejection able status.

Not so sure this is true, more like hearsay. Immigration require an original letter from the British Embassy, not a copy. The original letter has an embossed embassy stamp on the paper - no ink. It's not that easy to forge unless you are a master forger with an embossing machine. I'm pretty sure Immigration would spot the difference between a photocopy and an original.
Think1

Last edited:
For what it is worth I have to extend my visa based on retirement in a month's time, 30th December 2014, and I will update this thread accordingly. The 90-day report is due on the same date. I usually write to the British Embassy for the Income Letter at end of November so that the letter in dated early December. The process usually takes about 1 week and the cost for the letter is about 2,400฿. I always send the originals of my income statements from the pension providers by EMS and retain a photocopy of each 'just in case'. In light of what has been said on this forum, this year I will also take my bank book, just updated and will be kept up to date in future, and a photocopy of the last three months transactions.

Footnote: A few years ago when seeking an extension to the visa KCI Immigration required a copy of the previous 12 months transactions, or a yearly print out from the bank. They also liked to see in excess of 100,000฿ on the account in addition to the Income Letter from the Embassy. I think they dropped the requirement for the bank statements about 5 years ago. Sounds like they are bringing this requirement, or part of it at least, back into the procedure once more.

Not so sure this is true, more like hearsay. Immigration require an original letter from the British Embassy, not a copy. The original letter has an embossed embassy stamp on the paper - no ink. It's not that easy to forge unless you are a master forger with an embossing machine. I'm pretty sure Immigration would spot the difference between a photocopy and an original.
Think1

I only get into KCI every 90 days same as everybody else. I do have KCI customers and friends that that stop by the shop that I talk with.. I was in KCI this pass week for my 90 day report and what I noticed was ALL personal were new from my previous 90 day report. The only person that is a carry over is the secretary the sets out front, she is an employe but not an IO. I fully expect in 90 days to see more new faces. As for whats going on I have seen enough verifiable reports that KCI is kicking back. this is not an individual IO response this has been directed from somewhere. The question is where and whom and why? This area and it includes Surin is a cesspool of the so called Dodge O Visa. Conservative figures say 60% of all farangs. Since Pattaya, Phuket and Hua Hin Immigration have had their authority revoked (CNX has been curtailed) for the issuance of single entry O-visa which is needed to start the retirement process any and all of these Dodge -O, which are still coming out are definitely conterfit. So questionable income letters ? I have no doubt that some people have been using them and they have been accepted up tell now. You can add this to the list of dodge-o.

I only get into KCI every 90 days same as everybody else. I do have KCI customers and friends that that stop by the shop that I talk with.. I was in KCI this pass week for my 90 day report and what I noticed was ALL personal were new from my previous 90 day report. The only person that is a carry over is the secretary the sets out front, she is an employe but not an IO. I fully expect in 90 days to see more new faces. As for whats going on I have seen enough verifiable reports that KCI is kicking back. this is not an individual IO response this has been directed from somewhere. The question is where and whom and why? This area and it includes Surin is a cesspool of the so called Dodge O Visa. Conservative figures say 60% of all farangs. Since Pattaya, Phuket and Hua Hin Immigration have had their authority revoked (CNX has been curtailed) for the issuance of single entry O-visa which is needed to start the retirement process any and all of these Dodge -O, which are still coming out are definitely conterfit. So questionable income letters ? I have no doubt that some people have been using them and they have been accepted up tell now. You can add this to the list of dodge-o.

If they keep making it more and more difficult (and I have never had an issue to date) then I will simply pay 11,000 Baht and buy a retirement extension from Pattaya. They remain readily available.

Told you so. My experience was just the start. I have a job interview in Australia lined up for Tuesday by phone. Don't feel that welcome in this country anymore despite having a wife, 2 children and contributing around a million baht to the economy every year.

We ARE just cash cows to the Thais.

If they keep making it more and more difficult (and I have never had an issue to date) then I will simply pay 11,000 Baht and buy a retirement extension from Pattaya. They remain readily available.

Don't have to go to Sin City. You can get them locally..boobs2

Back