KCI requirinng more than letter from embassey.

I make no promise but I have had a private meeting with a group of KCI officers and they are to get back with me with answers.

GL - how has your meeting gone ?

Personally, many know that the Embassy's declaration letter has been a cop out.

GL, would you inquire on behalf of some retirees if providing the same documents directly proving truthful monthly payments forthcoming to retirees from Britain, Australia or America would be acceptable to our friends at KCI ?

{Still holding money held in the Thai bank account is the easier way to go...if you have that kind of juice to float. It makes the accounting so much easier for our friends at KCI.}

GL - how has your meeting gone ?

Personally, many know that the Embassy's declaration letter has been a cop out.

GL, would you inquire on behalf of some retirees if providing the same documents directly proving truthful monthly payments forthcoming to retirees from Britain, Australia or America would be acceptable to our friends at KCI ?

{Still holding money held in the Thai bank account is the easier way to go...if you have that kind of juice to float. It makes the accounting so much easier for our friends at KCI.}

Still waiting. MY take is if your doing this on a statutory declaration you had better come with back up proof. This could be as simple as an ATM withdraw slip.

My telephone call to the Embassy assured me that my letter would be in the post from them today.

Bearing in mind all the bad press around this year I have gone to the trouble to get a bank statement for the year, 200.THB. I will not produce the same unless asked for proof. I have also started updating my bank book again and that will be available too.

Personally, I think KCI may be like the UK Customs Officials. They tend to know one when they see one and have been trained in the technique for spotting the same. As an anecdote I remember my time when I was traveling with my 6 man Mobile Air Movements Team. We were in and out of the UK several times each month. One member of the team was the scruffiest man around, one of those salts of the earth type and a real rough diamond. Another was the smartest man on the team, always impeccably turned out even after 10 days in the field. Surprisingly, he was the one that was always stopped and he always had to travel through Customs as clean as a whistle. The other, he was never stopped and always carried the contraband. Just shows how wrong you can be - things are seldom as they appear.

One other new condition,

if you are using a Fixed Deposit account for your 800k.....they now request another current account as well with money in it, and regular movement...of monies in that one.

If you are using a pension route, they want to see it transferred every month,,,, if they accept your Embassy letter ofcourse

Last edited:
Back