Lots of great places to eat in Surin

Farang Connection

On Hold UFN.
I noticed on a discussion thread on TV a lot of opinions about the food, price and service at the "Western" restaurants in Surin.

I believe that there's a lot of great restaurants in Surin, Western and Thai... I think Surin has some of the best mix of foods that you'll find anywhere in Thailand!

And it's getting better by the day! 10of10Score

I noticed on a discussion thread on TV a lot of opinions about the food, price and service at the "Western" restaurants in Surin.

I believe that there's a lot of great restaurants in Surin, Western and Thai... I think Surin has some of the best mix of foods that you'll find anywhere in Thailand!

And it's getting better by the day! 10of10Score
Now if we could only get an Indian restaurant to make it complete!:tongue:

Compliments to the Chef or Cook

I think one of the best compliments any cook or chef can receive is when a customer returns the next night and orders the same dish... or when they order a meal to eat at the restaurant and then order the same meal to take home with them...

For me there is only as number one : Starbeam ... congratultations Mike and Norbie is a close second for originality, quality and good taste ... and at more than reasonable prices ... keep it up boys

Now if we could only get an Indian restaurant to make it complete!:tongue:

Would love to see it. I love Indian food. I think we are already lucky to have such a good Japanese restaurant here in Surin. And great German, English, American, Norwegian, etc. I've been saying for a while now a real British curry shop would be great and I think would possibly do well. And a decent Italian restaurant with home made pastas and sauces would be excellent. It's a shame that Yachtspray's steak house did not come to fruition. I was looking forward to it.

It'll be interesting to see what might open for a restaurant in the new Robinson's too. Would like to see a Sizzler's in Surin, but heard this Robinson's will not have one. A shame really.

Mike

Would love to see it. I love Indian food. I think we are already lucky to have such a good Japanese restaurant here in Surin. And great German, English, American, Norwegian, etc. I've been saying for a while now a real British curry shop would be great and I think would possibly do well. And a decent Italian restaurant with home made pastas and sauces would be excellent. It's a shame that Yachtspray's steak house did not come to fruition. I was looking forward to it.

It'll be interesting to see what might open for a restaurant in the new Robinson's too. Would like to see a Sizzler's in Surin, but heard this Robinson's will not have one. A shame really.

Mike

Closes Sizzler is The Mall in Korat.:frown:

I'll have to try their steaks again. The first two times I had their steaks I really was not impressed. I do like their hamburgers in the Hamburger Hut though. I'd try the Prime Rib cut, but at 800 baht I'd be a bit miffed if it wasn't any good. 5555555. Haven't driven down that way in quite a while. Will have to make a day of it, maybe spend a night in Korat as well. Plenty to do down there. I wonder if they are still doing the air balloon festival down that way? Was a lot of fun when I went to that before.

Mike

Mike

Have you heard what it might have Mike?

I'll have to try their steaks again. The first two times I had their steaks I really was not impressed. I do like their hamburgers in the Hamburger Hut though. I'd try the Prime Rib cut, but at 800 baht I'd be a bit miffed if it wasn't any good. 5555555. Haven't driven down that way in quite a while. Will have to make a day of it, maybe spend a night in Korat as well. Plenty to do down there. I wonder if they are still doing the air balloon festival down that way? Was a lot of fun when I went to that before.

Mike

Go with there Thai Steak mate , not the imported ..
And there own lamb chops are the best mate ..

I'll take your recommendations the next time I am down that way, Alan. I don't get by there that often these days.

Mike

They also have a Chok Chai near Sukumvit 19 in Bangkok. You're more likely to be near it.

They also have a Chok Chai near Sukumvit 19 in Bangkok. You're more likely to be near it.

Great! Thanks for the tip, Joe. I should be in that area soon enough to try it out. I usually stay on Suk Soi 20, so very close by.

Mike

None of the other Robinson Lifestyle Centers have MacDonalds, Sizzler, or Subway. The only restaurants they have that we don't already have in Surin is Jeffer Steak, Auntie Annes, and
S&P so we will probably get those. We will most likely be getting a Tops Market also.

I noticed that The Mall in Korat which is owned by Central (aka Robinson) does not have a Tops Markets. The market is called some off the wall name that skips my memory, but the market is outstanding. Do not be surprised that this is what we will get.

None of the other Robinson Lifestyle Centers have MacDonalds, Sizzler, or Subway. The only restaurants they have that we don't already have in Surin is Jeffer Steak, Auntie Annes, and
S&P so we will probably get those. We will most likely be getting a Tops Market also.

Auntie Anne's menu: http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CC8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pretzelclub.com%2Findex.php%3Flang%3Dth%26page%3DMenu&ei=dZWhUcT8Eoqzrgfw-IHACw&usg=AFQjCNEmCz9XHpZpclJmG947xidf9jvvpQ&sig2=-OclUKo1V9s-ymEK5OdzVg&bvm=bv.47008514,d.bmk

I do like their pretzels!

Mike

Back