new french restaurant and bar

I hope you and Wood enjoy your meal Colin - I am sure you will.

However, like most others I would not wish to pre-order, but would want to decide what to eat when I arrived, depending on mood, weather etc.

Please let us know how things turn out.

If you want chicken in red wine or basque chicken and only wat to wait 40 minutes than you have to deal with it that it comes from the freezer and trown in to the micorwave. The last time I even had to wait 40 minutes for a pie and another time, at another place, 1h for meatballs and we were the only customers.

If you want chicken in red wine or basque chicken and only wat to wait 40 minutes than you have to deal with it that it comes from the freezer and trown in to the micorwave. The last time I even had to wait 40 minutes for a pie and another time, at another place, 1h for meatballs and we were the only customers.

Where was this then

Stephane,

Have you thought about chnging the waiting time? I mean, if people come for a nice dinner and you are committed to quality, then you could tell them that wait will be 30 mins-1.5 hours. Meanwhile they enjoy entree and some nice vino.

May be you can also look at the dishes that could be cooked a bit quicker. Also, you could find cuisines from different regions and have weekly menu. I know it's FRENCH, but could be served with Thai humility (no sniggering please)....

as a 'newbie' let me apologize in advance in case my inquiry is against the rules of this web-site.
is stephane allowed to provide his menu along with price of entrees as a post ? ...or must he sign on as
a site sponser ?
this way, if a viewer is so inclined they can order from menu in advance.
bon appetite!

"mike, can you have my pizza ready in 45 minutes...sorry, i forgot you are closed today." ciao ;-)

as a 'newbie' let me apologize in advance in case my inquiry is against the rules of this web-site.
is stephane allowed to provide his menu along with price of entrees as a post ? ...or must he sign on as
a site sponser ?
bon appetite!

"mike, can you have my pizza ready in 45 minutes...sorry, i forgot you are closed today." ciao ;-)

Good idea to post the menu.

At Coffee Corner we have a couple of Farangs who will tell us in advance that they are coming in but, somewhat surprisingly, we have more Thais who order in advance.

That's a good idea and as he may be the chef or knows the chef (apologies for assuming), on the menu he could also put in the advance notice required for each dish. So, customers know what to order if they are in hurry.

a site sponser ?
bon appetite!

No problem he can put the menu on here why not - this is not Thai -Visa :wink: , we like to do our best to help local eateries and such like .I would like to see this menu - never did get my answer about the frogs legs , this we were told in school is real French food ! O ye and french bread to go with the frogs legs I would guess ...

And escargots (snails) too...They are really nice last time I was there. How about some succulent rabbit stews?

Up date on my previous post, Wood and I ate there on the evening of the 19th.
Unfortunately we were the only people eating, however our (pre-ordered) food was probably the best I have eated in Surin, I started with a hot salmon ceasar style salad followed by coq au vin and a chocolate brownie with creme anglaise and sugared oranges, Wood chose similar courses,with a couple of beers and 3 glasses of wine the bill for the 2 of us was 1700 baht, not cheap but in my opinion really good food. Certainly worth a try.

thank you very mutch for all your comments as well as in your proposition for being able to write my menu here on the forum. It is very nice from your part.
To answer your requests of French dishes I would be happy to be able to honor them regrettably it will be difficult to me to cook snails either rabbit because in surin it would very be to complicate. For example snails have to be from Bourgogne because their flesh and particuliaire and of the rabbit I have never seen it in surin. For frogs' legs it would be possible because thai people eats frogs thus why not …
However my menu is already very complete and I thus suggest you reading it to begin afterward I am capable of preparing many different dish thus it will be a pleasure to make the maximum to satisfy you.
Here is the e-mail address of the restaurant if you want to write to me supers_surin@yahoo.fr and I post the photo of the menu tomorrow

I too have eaten at this wonderful restaurant. Just because someone does something different than what others have done, does not make it wrong. At first, I found the pre-order as something I found different, but then thought as farangs in Surin - Is our schedule really all that busy???? LOL. So my wife and I dropped in and checked out the menu and placed our orders and returned later in the evening. We ordered the prawns with avocodo dip, the salmon with long bean wrapped in pork bellies, bread, and au gratin potatoes, dessert and drinks. Not only was the meal one of the best I have had in all my years in Thailand, but also the host one of the best I had the pleasure of talking with. I understand that many farang in Surin are on a tight budget, but the prices at the S Restaurant are far below what such a delicious meal should cost. If the farangs in Surin have a problem with the pre-booking of this place, then they should break open their wallets and visit this place in hordes each day so the owner does not have to throw away food. I am sure if the daily trade existed, the pre-book requirement would vanish rather quickly. We all desire the Surin eateries to stroke our Western palates, but not wish them to stroke our wallets. These cafes then close up and we then complain that is not any place worth going to. If we want our desires for fine dining to be satisfied, we must compensate the entrepreneurs for doing so. Until then we must contend with a diet of noodles and rice.

Dieter

As expected here is the menu of the restaurant:

STARTER:

VEGETABLES SALAD : lettuce, carrots, turnips, peas, green beans, hard boiled eggs, ham, mayonnaise......180 B

TUNA SALAD : baby corns, red and yellow peppers marinaded in oil, tuna, avocado, lettuce, sauce with balsamic vinegar and olive oil...250 B

HAM SALAD : ham, tomatoes, cheese, green olives, lettuce, sauce with green lemon and olive oil........220 B

POTATOES SALAD : boiled potatoes, celery, lettuce, ham, lemon, sauce with red wine vinegar and olive oil.......220 B

CAESAR SALAD CHICKEN or SALMON : romaine lettuce, hot chicken or salmon, crispy bread, parmesan, homemade caesar sauce.....230 / 260 B

AVOCADOS WITH SHRIMPS : avocados, shrimps, garlic, chili powder, sauce with lemon and olive oil.........230 B

AVOCADOS WITH SALMON AND MOZZARRELA CHEESE : avocados, salmon filet, mozzarrela, tomatoes......280 B

MAIN COURSE

CHICKEN IN RED WINE SAUCE SERVED WITH GRATTIN DAUPHINOIS (potatoes with cream grattined in the oven) or RICE or SPATZLES (noodles from alsace) : chicken, red wine, onions, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, butter.......280 B

BASQUE CHICKEN SERVED WITH RICE : chicken, tomatoes, green and red peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder........190 B

PIECES OF CHICKEN MARINED IN CORIANDER SERVED WITH GRATTIN DAUPHINOIS AND LARDED GREEN BEANS.........280 B

SALMON WITH MEDITERRANEAN SAUCE SERVED WITH LARDED GREEN BEANS or GRATTIN DAUPHINOIS or SPINACH .....270 B

QUICHE LORRAINE SERVED WITH LETTUCE.......... 220 B

STROGONOFF BEEF : rump steak, butter, onions, mushrooms, white wine, paprika, cream, lemon juice, parsley.......260 B

RUMP STEAK IN BUTTER WITH FRIED POTATOES AND ONIONS SERVED WITH A LETTUCE........320 B

STUFFED VEGETABLES WITH BEEF SERVED WITH RICE...............230 B

SQUIDS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE SERVED WITH RICE : squids, white wine, tomatoes, onions, garlic..........270 B

SALMON WITH SPINACH IN TWO VINEGARS SAUCE....................280

All the main courses in sauce are simmered during a minimum of one hour.

DESSERTS

APPLES PIE........70

ORANGES PIE.....70

CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CUSTARD.....120

CREAM PUFFS......100

all the pastry are hand-made

DRINK

RED WINE GLASS............120

BEER

A LOT OF COCKTAILS see drink menu on the spot

BREAD 30 B for two

that is the main menu but you can ask to me more depend of your order

contact : supers_surin@yahoo.fr or 08 727 580 92 the french restaurant is open only the evening but the bar is open all day

happy to see you
all the best
Ning and Stef

Just to support Steph's view that people can take time to organise their meal plans - I have just taken an order for 3 meals on 24th December !!

Nippon Airlines should have my japanese entre "meal" available when I fly May 2012 to Narita too ! (smile).
I understand and have no qualms with the 'pre-order' system. One simply must be able to plan ahead.
Unfortunately for me , many times I tend not to know where I will wind up to eat or what I will eat two hours ahead (especially with my thai half).
Maybe I have caught the 'no-plan-ahead' bug prevalent in Thai ! (oh no , gracious me :-(

I just sing, "Hey babe , do you want to walk on the wild side?"
No, I just inquire, "Darleeeeng, you want eat rest-au-rant tonite?"
Sometimes she says "No. Want cook 4 U. Joop joop."
If she replies affirmatively ('finit dinner- joop joop') I then have to figure out a dinner location.

I know - I know...I just need to plan better. I have heard the food is lovely.
I will try an advance plan one night for dinner...now what the thai-half would enjoy eating I haven't a clue.
One day at a time my friend.

Whilst I would enjoy indulging in most of the menu items, all would be lost on my wife, and many Thai women too. They are more than happy with their somtams and kwitious. And I'm buggered if I am going to spend that much money to eat alone!

Whilst I would enjoy indulging in most of the menu items, all would be lost on my wife, and many Thai women too. They are more than happy with their somtams and kwitious. And I'm buggered if I am going to spend that much money to eat alone!

That is the biggest problem with eating out. I agree, Nick. So the next step is to invent a French-style 30 baht somtum!

Back