New Kane Restuarant

went down to try last Monday, 214's day off.

only to find it's there day of also !!

I finally found it last night. Nice food, will definitely go back. Signs up all over the restaurant in Thai made me laugh. "Open every day of the week". "Shut every Monday" under that.
Maybe there is nothing funny about putting it that way in Thai.:confused:

I finally found it last night. Nice food, will definitely go back. Signs up all over the restaurant in Thai made me laugh. "Open every day of the week". "Shut every Monday" under that.
Maybe there is nothing funny about putting it that way in Thai.:confused:
What did you eat pal

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

The restaurant is about 300 metres from Nakhon Chai Air. If NCA is on your left then go past and restaurant in on the left too.

Purr-fect directions though didn't measure meters. There is an exterior sign in English that reads Nu Kane. (Interior is blue.)

Nobody seems to of mentioned that The new Kane is no more and been replaces by a new restaurant in the same shop location called Pinto.
upload_2017-12-22_21-18-59.png
Sign says Thai Food and Steak
upload_2017-12-22_21-21-6.png
upload_2017-12-22_21-22-25.png
My tuna salad was very nice and the wife's Yum wun sen Spicy seafood glass noodles was good too but I did not get a shot of that as she woofed it down too fast.
Prices on the menu seemed very reasonable.

Bye the way .What did happen to New Kane?

You will have to ask the international jet setters the answer to that. I seldom eat out for too many reasons to list. However, if I were to highlight a couple of reasons I would have to say MSG is one of them. I have found out the hard way that I am allergic to the excessive use of MSG. Unfortunately, during my time in Surin I have found that most restaurants use too much of this 'harmless' substance in their cooking process. The other reason is my ability to cook some rather tasty meals, in the style that I like, and without the use of any MSG. I may not be an Egon Ronay 5 star chef but I know what I like and can usually make a pretty good and tasty dish for my family and myself. My wife is a pretty good cook too.

Like Nomad, I too am allergic to MSG. My wife bought a bag of mussel and pineapple curry this week in Tesco. Tasted good - very enjoyable. Woke up at 4am, mouth could hardly open..very dry. Overdose of MSG.

I do like to eat out, and I take the family regularly. Just have to be careful what I order. Soups and liquid dishes (Tom Yums, curries etc) are best avoided

Back