New kitchen breakfast bar.

F

Feret

My wife and myself just had a new breakfast bar installed by Alan in our house in Sangkha.
As usual, the quality of workmanship and service was great with great attention to detail and finish.
This is the second job Alan and his partner Jiap have completed for us and I am looking forward to stage 3 in February 2015 when we will add another 35 sq meters to the lounge and entertaining area.
Unfortunately, I am unable to upload pictures from here but, I have sent them to Alan to upload on my behalf.
If any of the SF members need building or renovation work done, Alan the builder is the right choice.

My wife and myself just had a new breakfast bar installed by Alan in our house in Sangkha.
As usual, the quality of workmanship and service was great with great attention to detail and finish.
This is the second job Alan and his partner Jiap have completed for us and I am looking forward to stage 3 in February 2015 when we will add another 35 sq meters to the lounge and entertaining area.
Unfortunately, I am unable to upload pictures from here but, I have sent them to Alan to upload on my behalf.
If any of the SF members need building or renovation work done, Alan the builder is the right choice.

Feret, I am happy to second your comments

We use a local trades man to make the cabinets and we do the rest IE granite lighting tiling plumbing and ceiling work .
6y9eqyty.jpg
2ara5e4e.jpg
esuqypu5.jpg
5u4y6yqe.jpg
8ehehyre.jpg

My partner was the main player in this job !

absolutely stunning !

Job very well done from the pictures.
The black tiles are so Cool3 too.

Feret, your breakie bar definitely wipes out any thought of visiting family to take up house in the middle of your kitchen's floor.

Oz-speak : "Ace ! No wankers, no lodgers or wallabies inside without having to bail up or barney anyone. Good on you, mate !"
Chokdee5

Nice island work unit, but one point needs mentioning, any power sockets or electrical switches MUST be in a service strip for safety and not be open to liquid spillage below the work top...as in the last but one photo....

Not everybody wants sokets in the work top itself
, as long as the correct trip cutout safety fuse boxes are installed no problem .

By Thai standards I would say the electrical work is excellent! If you have seen what I have seen in the villages and towns then you wouldn't have any complaints about AtB's work. LOL

By Thai standards I would say the electrical work is excellent! If you have seen what I have seen in the villages and towns then you wouldn't have any complaints about AtB's work. LOL

Yer and thai plumbers think water runs up hills LOL

Job very well done from the pictures.
The black tiles are so Cool3 too.

Feret, your breakie bar definitely wipes out any thought of visiting family to take up house in the middle of your kitchen's floor.

Oz-speak : "Ace ! No wankers, no lodgers or wallabies inside without having to bail up or barney anyone. Good on you, mate !"
Chokdee5

it looks brilliant.

I would like to see a Thai keep that clean and tidy.

My missus could turn that show house look into a tip within weeks.

OZ speak.

it looks brilliant.

I would like to see a Thai keep that clean and tidy.

My missus could turn that show house look into a tip within weeks.

Cheers cobber but don't bark, dont fart and don't lick the windows.
If you want a beer, leave your money on the fridge.

Nice island work unit, but one point needs mentioning, any power sockets or electrical switches MUST be in a service strip for safety and not be open to liquid spillage below the work top...as in the last but one photo....

That sounds a wise consideration. With the design shown in the photo"s, what would be your solution?

Power switch.

That sounds a wise consideration. With the design shown in the photo"s, what would be your solution?

Your points raised are well warranted.
I will check whats what and, if required, I will have the light switch changed to IP56 which is Australian standard water proof.

As I said the trip cutout safety system Italian designs hat we use are more than safe .
However I think this Thai kitchen is better and safer .
ezeny5un.jpg

Totally agree. By doing a surface mount you have cheapened a nice piece of work. There is no excuse for the power points NOT being chased or recessed.

I thinnk Alan knows what he's doing by now , don't you after all he's been building houses for a long time here in thailand.

Picky, picky!

Over 40 years in the field and I know what I'm looking at. Somebody pays 5 to 10 million baht and gets what?? BTW the house looks great and the island is smashing except for.....In my eyes trash...

Over 40 years in the field and I know what I'm looking at. Somebody pays 5 to 10 million baht and gets what?? BTW the house looks great and the island is smashing except for.....In my eyes trash...

It's obviously what the customer wanted , so as long as he's happy why all the fuss GL Ive seen a Few ATB houses and for (AND THE WORKMANSHIP IS 1ST CLASS) and not that pricey.

Most Thai builders who build houses to quickly are bodgers and cannot read off plan, hence the cracks after a few weeks.

Over 40 years in the field, was that the Rice field.

Back