New kitchen breakfast bar.

Not wishing to cause a stand off , it was a genuine safety concern....

If that is a light switch and only has the live switch wire down to the switch and no
earth return back to the board that could be worse for a spillage as the short will find the quickest way down and that could be you...

Waterproof switch yes, or move it...

Not wishing to cause a stand off , it was a genuine safety concern....

If that is a light switch and only has the live switch wire down to the switch and no
earth return back to the board that could be worse for a spillage as the short will find the quickest way down and that could be you...

Waterproof switch yes, or move it...

Totally agree..

Absolutely beautiful . Would be appreciated in any country and most likely unaffordable in an Aussie home now.

Kitchen.

Absolutely beautiful . Would be appreciated in any country and most likely unaffordable in an Aussie home now.

Precicely the reason for making our house in Thailand a home.
The next extension will be to the family area which will add 35 sq meters.
This will allow me to add a small bar area and an 8' x 4' American pool table and not forgeting a wall mounted 80' television.
Excessive it may seem but, when I finally retire in about 3-4 years, everything will be done and hopefully, any additional expendature will be minimal.

Precicely the reason for making our house in Thailand a home.
The next extension will be to the family area which will add 35 sq meters.
This will allow me to add a small bar area and an 8' x 4' American pool table and not forgeting a wall mounted 80' television.
Excessive it may seem but, when I finally retire in about 3-4 years, everything will be done and hopefully, any additional expendature will be minimal.

Why not do things properly Feret? When size matters why not a Sharp LED 3D Internet TV 90 นิ้ว - รุ่น LC-90LE740X

Only 599,000 Baht.

View attachment 8974

Seriously, with the new technology hitting the markets today I think I would wait before I bought an extra large flat screen TV. The prices are falling so rapidly that I would guess that a monster like the one above will be less than 100,000 baht in 4 years time.

Right now you can buy a 60" Sony LED Internet TV 60 นิ้ว รุ่น KDL-60W600B (Black) for only 23,910 Baht. Seems like a lot of extra dosh for those extra 20 inches.

Reference: http://www.lazada.co.th/sony-led-internet-tv-60-kdl-60w600b-black-211939.html

Last edited:
Why not do things properly Feret? When size matters why not a Sharp LED 3D Internet TV 90 นิ้ว - รุ่น LC-90LE740X

Only 599,000 Baht.

View attachment 8974

Seriously, with the new technology hitting the markets today I think I would wait before I bought an extra large flat screen TV. The prices are falling so rapidly that I would guess that a monster like the one above will be less than 100,000 baht in 4 years time.

Right now you can buy a 60" Sony LED Internet TV 60 นิ้ว รุ่น KDL-60W600B (Black) for only 23,910 Baht. Seems like a lot of extra dosh for those extra 20 inches.

Reference: http://www.lazada.co.th/sony-led-internet-tv-60-kdl-60w600b-black-211939.html

+1

Only 599,000 Baht.

View attachment 8974

Saw this puppy in PowerBuy at the new Central Festival in Chiang Mai this past week. It is something else. ThumbUp6Oh and the wireing was concealed..sorry1

Saw this puppy in PowerBuy at the new Central Festival in Chiang Mai this past week. It is something else. ThumbUp6Oh and the wireing was concealed..sorry1

You mean it was 'wireless', GL? I heard they can do that kind of thing now.

I just tried to order the 60 inch Sony, Nomad..but sold out for now.

I just tried to order the 60 inch Sony, Nomad..but sold out for now.

Yes, I thought it was a good buy too. The point I was making is that there are some good, relatively cheap options out there if you take the time to look around. I know we are moving off topic (Offtopic2.) so perhaps I had better start a new thread.

Big TV.

The purchase of the BIG tv won't happen for at least 12-24 months as, there is no use it hanging around not being used just waiting for some thieving little gooks to steal it.
In February, we looked at a 72' Samsung in M.B.K.
Absolutely brilliant picture for 149,000 thb.
As has been stated, the technology is advancing and the prices are dropping due to heavy competition so, cha, cha on the monster.
As far as the pool table goes, an Aussie mate in Udon purchased an 8' x 4' slate based table in mid 2013 from a mob in Pattaya for 70,000 thb, which included delivery,set up, a set of 8 & 9 balls and 2 cues.
The drop light and cue rack was extra.
Again, purchasing this would be a waste if it was not being used.
After the extension on the house is completed, the mid term plan is to install a second gate at the rear of the block and build an 8mr x 8mr garage come workshop to keep me busy doing light steel fabrication work and maybe some wood work.
Hopefully, this will keep me off the piss.

Off the piss

Well, off the piss until about 2 in the afternoon.Chokdee5

Back