News about Soi Kola / Speed

A white man is going to open a beer bar or agogo on soi kola selling/pimping pussy and taking custom away from the Thai businessmen that own or have shares in the agogo around the corner? Good luck with that brother. I hope he has deep pockets and a hard head.

I had a chat with Nobby yesterday whilst purchasing some of his wares and he said the English guy is opening a bar with girls. Apparently he had a successful operation of this type in Pattaya.

Very few farang bar owners in Pattaya are successful. Most farang owned bars there are opened and closed in a very short time period from what I have seen. There are hundreds of empty beer bars in Patts. And why would one having a 'successful' business in Pattaya where there are many more available punters want to open one in Surin? Sounds odd to me.

Very few farang bar owners in Pattaya are successful. Most farang owned bars there are opened and closed in a very short time period from what I have seen. There are hundreds of empty beer bars in Patts. And why would one having a 'successful' business in Pattaya where there are many more available punters want to open one in Surin? Sounds odd to me.
Agreed, Cent. Just reporting what I was told by Nobby.

Maybe a good question to ask the 2 Gary's in Prasat????????

Maybe a good question to ask the 2 Gary's in Prasat????????

The Gary's have legit businesses in Prasat, not beer bars or agogos selling beer and ass. Didn't you know a Brit just a ways out of Surin doing something like this, an agogo bar? I was there once during a cycle run for charity. Forget the name of the town.

Agreed, Cent. Just reporting what I was told by Nobby.

I know, John. :) Was just thinking what an odd rumor and a weird thing to try to do if it is true. Met a Brit lady here yesterday who works for my brother helping running his business. She was showing me pics of a guy she knows and his daughter (a stripper/page 3 lass) who own a bar or two in Pattaya. The daughter seems to be the 'mamasan' running the girls and keeping them in line. She said she knows quite a few Brit guys that live in Thailand, have bars in Thailand, and visit Thailand all the time. Was a bit of a surreal conversation out here in the 'heartland' of Cheyenne Wyoming. Funny woman she is too. Quite the comedienne. :)

The Gary's have legit businesses in Prasat, not beer bars or agogos selling beer and ass. Didn't you know a Brit just a ways out of Surin doing something like this, an agogo bar? I was there once during a cycle run for charity. Forget the name of the town.
I was in no way suggesting either do anything non-legit, just saying both have experience in running Pattaya bars.
The guy are talking about re Bike Run was David, an ex-London copper in Krasang. I believe he returned to UK for health reasons. His wife is still running a bar in a different location within the same town (I believe).

I know, John. :) Was just thinking what an odd rumor and a weird thing to try to do if it is true. Met a Brit lady here yesterday who works for my brother helping running his business. She was showing me pics of a guy she knows and his daughter (a stripper/page 3 lass) who own a bar or two in Pattaya. The daughter seems to be the 'mamasan' running the girls and keeping them in line. She said she knows quite a few Brit guys that live in Thailand, have bars in Thailand, and visit Thailand all the time. Was a bit of a surreal conversation out here in the 'heartland' of Cheyenne Wyoming. Funny woman she is too. Quite the comedienne. :)

Speaking of which have tried out the Cheyenne Social Club ?:D

I was in no way suggesting either do anything non-legit, just saying both have experience in running Pattaya bars.
The guy are talking about re Bike Run was David, an ex-London copper in Krasang. I believe he returned to UK for health reasons. His wife is still running a bar in a different location within the same town (I believe).

Crash Alan would know.

Yes , quite right. Very good ice cream too.

I didn't see any farang on premises in any management / owner capacity...only as paying customers eating and drinking.

NF - What is the name of the new establishment that you're referring to ?

The Monkey Bar I am told. Just to the left of Norby's place. Very large bar it is said. Opened the other day, Monday I think. Owned by a Brit and his wife. Don't know yet what the opening hours are, days of operation, food if available. Anyone been yet? What booze is on sale and what beers? Any prices? Staff? Darts? Pool table? Info needed.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised but I can't understand why such new business don't at least announce their existence on here.

SF is hardly the Bangkok Post but the news is still going to reach a couple of dozen potential new customers.

The owners name is Lee and his food is coming from Norbie. They have a pool table also.

Many farang with the name Lee have surfaced.

Is this Lee that you're referring to from England , Holland or Australia ?

"]Many farang with the name Lee have surfaced.

Is this Lee that you're referring to from England , Holland or Australia ?[/QUOTE]
England

The owners name is Lee and his food is coming from Norbie. They have a pool table also.

So basically the competition is actually helping Norby's business, rather than hurting it. More people coming to the soi because of the other places opening, and likely there will be more business then he has had being the lone attraction on that area. I've said it before, that area has potential and the more farang and other businesses opening there the better all would likely do due to the increase in traffic there of potential customers wandering around. Open up the front so people walking by can see others inside and it attracts others to go in and see what is on offer and give it a try. It gives choices and variety, and the more places open the more people the soi attracts, and the more likelihood of gaining customers if you have something to offer them they enjoy. Simple mathematics and good business practices should help all on the soi to gain custom.

Back