On the move?

merlin

You chose a custom title
Rumours, rumours....

Someone has said that Surin Immigration will move back to Kap Choeng soon.

Anyone else heard this?

From a guy on FB on Surin Expats forum.

Surin immigration office is moving!!!!!
I had my annual visa renewal done a couple of days ago and my wife was told that the office which is used at present is to be closed and moved to one near to the Cambodian border.(Apparently it's the original immigration office from years ago)
The new office is some 50+ km further away.
We were given a slip of paper (copy attached) and told if enough people complain then there is a chance it might remain where it is.
The new location does not have any local banks etc so anyone finding themselves needing an alteration to their application will require a lengthy round trip back to Surin.
Sounds a terrible idea to me.

1717382463100.png

From a guy on FB on Surin Expats forum.

Surin immigration office is moving!!!!!
I had my annual visa renewal done a couple of days ago and my wife was told that the office which is used at present is to be closed and moved to one near to the Cambodian border.(Apparently it's the original immigration office from years ago)
The new office is some 50+ km further away.
We were given a slip of paper (copy attached) and told if enough people complain then there is a chance it might remain where it is.
The new location does not have any local banks etc so anyone finding themselves needing an alteration to their application will require a lengthy round trip back to Surin.
Sounds a terrible idea to me.

View attachment 75695
Doesn’t sound right to me. Surely he’s confused the message. Why would they do that? This paper doesn’t say they are moving.

Another FB message from a buddy.

Ross Newton

hi Cent, I can confirm it's true as my wife and I are friends with the lady in charge at Surin and she just confirmed it. They finish the 30 June at Surin.

It could simply be that this nation's budget must be seriously cut.

I'll admit I haven't counted much more than a dozen clients there at any time after-Covid.

Their departure would certainly suck balls. :-(
Possibly it's simply to combat having low-volumn offices not near borders.

Or possibly they received too many whinging compaints in the past...(whatever).

Hopefully I'll find out with a visit this week for my back-dated Extension based on Thai Spouse.

It could simply be that this nation's budget must be seriously cut.

I'll admit I haven't counted much more than a dozen clients there at any time after-Covid.

Their departure would certainly suck balls. :-(
Possibly it's simply to combat having low-volumn offices not near borders.

Or possibly they received too many whinging compaints in the past...(whatever).

Hopefully I'll find out with a visit this week for my back-dated Extension based on Thai Spouse.

What is a "back-dated" extension?

Strange that they have 2 offices in Buriram. The main one just out of town and the smaller one in the football stadium complex.

Strange you also have an expanding airport and terminal, a football stadium and a Moto F1 circuit (BRIC)...
(while Surin has crickets).

Just passing along what I saw from the other website/FB page. I truly hope it is not true. Going up there is a pain in the ass really.
Considering FB Post as truth, reality, faulty or smoke is up to the individual ?
I look at the FB to occasionally see post & photos from family members, certainly not for news.
I refer to FB as FxxK BOOK.

Doesn’t sound right to me. Surely he’s confused the message. Why would they do that? This paper doesn’t say they are moving.
No The paper just states A title. Superintendent of Immigration and the address of the new building which is 919 mu 17 where the old one was 77 mu 17.
Hmm there is some truth into this move after all. The FB post from a guy with no experience of KCI. Oh dear welcome to hell !!!!

I hope this does not happen.

Back