One FU hotel

No.

I had a great time.

Soi Cola is shite and there little else attractive in the centre of Surin (reggae bar excepted).

Soi Cola is rubbish for girls pay to go correct Ray - But it has 5 good Farang drinking places - Monkey house , Norbies German ,Watering hole Aus ,The beach French, Rebs Bar also Aus . This can be a great place to meet X-pats and local folk .(most of the bars open at 5pm and close around 4am) Norbies is more for food and a store opens morning early closes around 9-pm .
Also Speed disco does some great music and dance shows ,rather noisy But FULL of young ladys average attendance 600 people weekdays 1200 people weekends ,lot more girls than boys .
Also on Soi cola there is a nice restaurant nearing the end of the road name Celebrates , serves very good Thai food and OK Farang food also has amazing cakes .

I would not label this road as shite .

Soi Cola is rubbish for girls pay to go correct Ray - But it has 5 good Farang drinking places - Monkey house , Norbies German ,Watering hole Aus ,The beach French, Rebs Bar also Aus . This can be a great place to meet X-pats and local folk .(most of the bars open at 5pm and close around 4am) Norbies is more for food and a store opens morning early closes around 9-pm .
Also Speed disco does some great music and dance shows ,rather noisy But FULL of young ladys average attendance 600 people weekdays 1200 people weekends ,lot more girls than boys .
Also on Soi cola there is a nice restaurant nearing the end of the road name Celebrates , serves very good Thai food and OK Farang food also has amazing cakes .

I hate to disagree with you but during day light hours the road does look shite! Now the hours of darkness may cover a multitude of sins, especially after a few beers and the 'beer google' eyes see a much nicer picture.

iu

it is just a matter of taste....................... and quality.

Spent an evening in "Mucky Street" some 4/5 years ago, following a BE get-together. Must have been 15/20 of us where some SF members were also in tow. Brothels disguised as basic karaoke bars. Those on Soi Kola were much more up-market. However the brothels in Mucky street have been closed for the best part of a year now.

I heard some rumours today that suggest Soi Cola is becoming somewhat dangerous late at night, even Farangs are fighting amongst themselves.

Don't be shy - tell more.

Only rumours, Nomad. I'm sure that anyone who frequents Soi Cola regularly will be aware of the altercations (if any, of course).

[Edit: I understand that the shooting outside Speed 3 (no farangs involved) is common knowledge.]

I hate to disagree with you but during day light hours the road does look shite!

I noticed that the "Aphrodite" statues outside the Party House (if it's still called that) look decidedly past their use by date.

What shooting?!
I can remember 2 during my time in Surin ( nothing to do with me, I hasten to add)

1) inside speed, an employee killed a customer.
2) outside in S Cola at throwing out time.

Other than Farangs falling down stairs (something I did 2 weeks ago), I am not aware of any altercations between farangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only rumours, Nomad. I'm sure that anyone who frequents Soi Cola regularly will be aware of the altercations (if any, of course).

[Edit: I understand that the shooting outside Speed 3 (no farangs involved) is common knowledge.]
You are correct, Sir Yorky, there ere indeed shootings last week at Speed 3, as Mam viewed on Thai TV here in Pattaya. It was between Thais and the news report showed three injured and two seriously. That can be a dangerous spot.

I understand it actually happened outside the 7-11 across the road from Cola. One shot dead and some knife injuries to another two.

Some guys came out of Speed 3 and went across to 7. That's where some trouble started......according to my better half and her FB friends.

Spent an evening in "Mucky Street" some 4/5 years ago, following a BE get-together. Must have been 15/20 of us where some SF members were also in tow. Brothels disguised as basic karaoke bars. Those on Soi Kola were much more up-market. However the brothels in Mucky street have been closed for the best part of a year now.
It's not the same now Nick .
Only 1 or 2 karaoke bars left all Farang bars now mate .
I was out till 2pm a couple of weeks ago the bars were buzin mate also most of them have music of your choice and pool tables.
A mix of young and old farangs with a few Thais in the mix .
Most I of the Thai students and younger ones go down the clong, this as been the place for the last few years tons of younger ones parting, live music and food in most of these bars also a night club down there .
All depends what you want Surin has one hell of a night life BUT might not suit farangs over the age of 60 lol lol .
Maybe that's why they have Pattaya .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

It's not the same now Nick .
Only 1 or 2 karaoke bars left all Farang bars now mate .
I was out till 2pm a couple of weeks ago the bars were buzin mate also most of them have music of your choice and pool tables.
A mix of young and old farangs with a few Thais in the mix .
Most I of the Thai students and younger ones go down the clong, this as been the place for the last few years tons of younger ones parting, live music and food in most of these bars also a night club down there .
All depends what you want Surin has one hell of a night life BUT might not suit farangs over the age of 60 lol lol .
Maybe that's why they have Pattaya .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

If I ever need Farangs bars on a regular basis I will go back to England.

Trust me, at 60, I can rock it with the best of them - but I would not choose anywhere in soi Kola.

Back