Price/Value of rice farming land

great...

have you seen house prices increase much over time?

or anyone for that matter? its a tricky thing to research and I'm just curious should I look at
buying a house and land as an investment or not? Its more so a question of how much I should throw into it as initially I was looking at it as a write off[holiday home].

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that looking at it as a write-off is a sensible way to go

great...

or anyone for that matter? its a tricky thing to research and I'm just curious should I look at
buying a house and land as an investment or not? Its more so a question of how much I should throw into it as initially I was looking at it as a right off[holiday home].

Issan is not an investment !

As the government valuation on the 2 rai in question is rumoured to actually be 95,000 baht as of yesterday (not supposed to be known to us), the asking price has generously dropped (mate's rates) to 220,000 baht! I wonder why so many Thai families have fall-outs. Further negotiation will be necessary, me thinks!

great...

buying a house and land as an investment or not? Its more so a question of how much I should throw into it as initially I was looking at it as a write off[holiday home].

House prices in Thailand go down because of the poor quality of construction, and because Thais don't like to live in a house someone has died in (and won't believe you if you say nobody has died there). Land prices generally go up. Exceptions to the house rule occur when the property has been noticeably improved, e.g. by the construction of a metalled road instead of an earth track, or the redevelopment of some area nearby.

Your yield per rai is up the climate in the end too much water not enough water, you take your chances it is not a big money maker after fertilizers, planting costs, maintenace costs, harvesting costs ,which is a big one,transport to the rice mill,and don't take your truck and ruin it, and depending on whats left, the relatives or wife takes the rest. Lucky to get your money back never seen a farang get a fair return on his ''gift'' to plant rice in the Isaan. In my 19 years of coming to Surin..... But if you have a big heart and a bigger wallet GO FOR IT....just don't complain when the harvest is in......Think1 DeadHorse2

I understand that Mrs Coffee Corner grossed circa 7,000 Baht per rai

(That could, of course, change if I ask her the same question tomorrow)

Today, the gorgeous Lek took herself to ask about the government value of the 8 rai in question. Answer was about 100,000 baht for the lot. Now this is Thailand so one could not believe that smiling family members would try to rip each other off - could they? (Now 100,000 for the lot would have been a proposition worth considering . . . .)

Today, the gorgeous Lek took herself to ask about the government value of the 8 rai in question. Answer was about 100,000 baht for the lot. Now this is Thailand so one could not believe that smiling family members would try to rip each other off - could they? (Now 100,000 for the lot would have been a proposition worth considering . . . .)

And the Government assessment for the 2 rai on offer was allegedly 95,000! Time to walk away and say, "If you have another buyer, we're not really interested." You may see a brisk reduction!

And the Government assessment for the 2 rai on offer was allegedly 95,000! Time to walk away and say, "If you have another buyer, we're not really interested." You may see a brisk reduction!

First suggestion was that the Government assessment was 95,000 PER RAI. We have already walked (briskly) away from any deal forever! The gorgeous Lek showed astute business sense and is not just a pretty face.

Back