Rain?

@nomad97 , I would hope by now that you would know the difference between Speed Disco and Soi Kola.

No secret as Franz had previously posted regarding the dismantling of Speed.

Just because the lights out front are off on a Saturday night doesn't necessarily mean the doors are closed.
When is the last time you were on the Soi ?

I do not go there now as any booze sold is illegal, I will not put myself in a situation like that (nor condone the activity presently). I am not mingling socially with my boozer buddies who may be spreading the virus at the moment against the reasonable government restrictions in place. I can wait until it is okay, and have plenty of favored beers, wine, and alcohol in my house if I so desire to imbibe. I have no problem socially distancing myself from my drunken blabbering friends I socialize with. LOL People can do as they please. I do miss it and hope it gets relaxed as soon as it is safe. But those doing so open themselves to huge fines (40K baht I have been told), the indefinite closing by the authorities of their venue/restaurant/pub/bar etc and in my opinion are either desperate for income, or foolish at best and risking their business and wallet. Stay safe.

P.S. It would be pretty difficult for someone to piss in the back of my truck getting past my locked security gate and fence. :)

I do not go there now as any booze sold is illegal, I will not put myself in a situation like that (nor condone the activity presently). I am not mingling socially with my boozer buddies who may be spreading the virus at the moment against the reasonable government restrictions in place. I can wait until it is okay, and have plenty of favored beers, wine, and alcohol in my house if I so desire to imbibe. I have no problem socially distancing myself from my drunken blabbering friends I socialize with. LOL People can do as they please. I do miss it and hope it gets relaxed as soon as it is safe. But those doing so open themselves to huge fines (40K baht I have been told), the indefinite closing by the authorities of their venue/restaurant/pub/bar etc and in my opinion are either desperate for income, or foolish at best and risking their business and wallet. Stay safe.

P.S. It would be pretty difficult for someone to piss in the back of my truck getting past my locked security gate and fence. :)

Your statement above obviously rings true. Says quite abit about the "farang community" too.

I rarely put myself in a situation on the Soi these days.

The fact that Celebrate and Oshinei were open led me past other establishments.

I well recall many 'restaurants' serving alcohol in coffee mugs.
Of course that was under a vastly different "no alcohol allowed" situation from a viral pandemic.

P.S. There are some that can piss across a roadway as we all recall from our youth. 555 :p Stay safe. :mask:

'Your statement above obviously rings true. Says quite abit about the "farang community" too.'

Some feel they are above the law, or too 'smaht' and can play the system.

'I rarely put myself in a situation on the Soi these days.'

I find no real reason to go out much as yet. I have my own foods and booze. Have internet and cable and Netflix and air cons.

'The fact that Celebrate and Oshinei were open led me past other establishments.'

Both of which I suspect are not selling booze and have set up their places as the government guides require I suspect and have gotten government permission to open as such. We are getting ready to do the same under the required restrictions soon and get the required written permission to do so.

'I well recall many 'restaurants' serving alcohol in coffee mugs.
Of course that was under a vastly different "no alcohol allowed" situation from a viral pandemic.'

Exactly. Different times and a much more lax time if you were careful and not blatantly rubbing it in the authorities faces and being a dick.

'P.S. There are some that can piss across a roadway as we all recall from our youth. 555 :p'

I know of none these days with that sort of power. LOL

'Stay safe.'

I/We are trying.

By the way, Hakuzou Japanese restaurant is now open for Dining In with the restrictions and government permission. Giving a 10% discount as well for dining in customers.

'I find no real reason to go out much...
'The fact that Celebrate and Oshinei were open led me past other establishments.'
Both of which I suspect are not selling booze and have set up their places as the government guides require I suspect and have gotten government permission to open as such. We are getting ready to do the same under the required restrictions soon and get the required written permission to do so.

Unbelievably I can eat a meal without alcohol, funny that.

Correct no booze was served at Oshinei.

I can't figure out what happened to all the yaa baa and lao khao addicts ?
Did they just roll with the flow ?

I know I still take a hit of the caffeine each morning.

I want a beer or wine with a meal sometimes, but not always. No problem for me. I rarely even drink while at home. I drink usually when I am socializing basically. Depends. The good places are smart and doing it the right way and staying out of trouble. I suspect their, the open places, finances are better than the many other smaller places with leaner incomes from their businesses and hurting from not being open for months now. The lao khao and yaa baa addicts are still getting their stuff, albeit possibly a bit more difficult and covert. I have some decent coffees and a couple French presses to make my own here (a single serving press, and a larger one if needed). One cup a morning does me fine. I have a couple different instant coffees as well I can use if I am lazy or in a rush. A Thai brand I quite enjoy actually. I'm not a coffee snob, but do enjoy a good dark roast or better blend when available, or if I feel the need to make it myself.

Big black loud and nasty.......

He was KO'd on 25th May 55 years ago by Cassius Clay who landed a blow on his jaw which became known as “the phantom punch”.

ali-liston.jpg

Last edited:
Back