Rape and Murder Close to Home

The scumbags need to be executed and the parents sterilized and all monies they have forfeited over to the surviving victims parents.

I mentioned theses sorts of incidents happening regularly on a previous post, Surin's Underbelly.

It happens quite regularly, tough not always ending in death. The perps wait for a young girl to be seen riding home alone after dark and just force her off the road then rape her.

My 17 year old niece who goes to the big high school for girls in the city won't come home to the village if it is dark. She also knows that "doing" a girl from this particular school is a type of badge of honour or ultimate prize for these young men as the girls are deemed more beautiful.

I mentioned theses sorts of incidents happening regularly on a previous post, Surin's Underbelly.

It happens quite regularly, tough not always ending in death. The perps wait for a young girl to be seen riding home alone after dark and just force her off the road then rape her.

My 17 year old niece who goes to the big high school for girls in the city won't come home to the village if it is dark. She also knows that "doing" a girl from this particular school is a type of badge of honour or ultimate prize for these young men as the girls are deemed more beautiful.

All this is just so sickening to me, and shows just how sick these perps are.
I wish I could believe what you say is BS Womby, but alas I know it all well to be true. How can Thailand fix this sickness?
One part I fail to understand is, that it is probably not caused by sexual frustration as the local market can be got for as low as 300 Baht ! As you say Womby these sick f**ks see it as a prize. I just hope they enjoy being on the receiving end in prison.

Thai male attitudes to Thai females need to change.

It is a male dominated society and, whilst not close to India, the treatment of women needs to improve.

Education ?????????? Not easy if the little fookers can't grasp a basic understanding of what is right and what is wrong - what is acceptable behaviour and what is not.

I hope they castrate the little bastards with a rusty carving knife before they lock them up and throw away the key. How can they ever be released and allowed to return to any normal rural community? I just cannot get my head around the culture of gang rape and murder of young girls that seems to happen here in Thailand, Pakistan and India. There was another similar crime commited a year ago in Surin. Young girl forced off the road on her motorbike, raped and left for dead. What ever happened to resolve that case? Surely these boys/young men know the difference between right and wrong. What goes through their minds when they are committing such heinous crimes? How can you instil right and wrong into such mind sets?

As a father of 2 young girls this incident makes me really fearful for the future. I know I cannot protect my daughters 24 hours a day, especially when they leave home and go about their young careers. However, as long as they are under my control I will ensure they are not out late at night, on motorbikes, partying in venues with known dubious patrons, booze and drugs. That will be a strict no-no in our house and, fortunately, a code of conduct my daughters will willingly accept I am sure. Both my wife and myself take parenting very seriously and we will do everything possible to keep our daughters safe and sound. It is sad, unfortunate and very tragic that a minority of parents do not exercise the same controls.

Nomad, I sincerely hope your daughters will follow your rules as they get older.
When they are younger you set and they follow your rules and you hope you are giving them guidance for what lies ahead in life.
When they grow older they become more independent and less inclined to blindly accept that you are always correct.
When my daughter was 16 she asked and was refused permission to go to an all night party. The next time she asked to go to a friends house in our small town and we arranged she would phone us when she was ready to come home later that evening.
When she didn't phone we contacted her friend and of course she had never been and the friend said she had gone to party but didn't know where it was.
We were of course very worried but she turned up the following morning.
We grounded her for a month and perhaps the most annoying thing was she didn't complain once about the grounding. She obviously thought it was worth the punishment.
She was a well balanced and rational teenager and we had always taught her to think independently. She grew up to be an adult I am immensely proud of.

I hope they castrate the little bastards with a rusty carving knife before they lock them up and throw away the key. How can they ever be released and allowed to return to any normal rural community? I just cannot get my head around the culture of gang rape and murder of young girls that seems to happen here in Thailand, Pakistan and India. There was another similar crime commited a year ago in Surin. Young girl forced off the road on her motorbike, raped and left for dead. What ever happened to resolve that case? Surely these boys/young men know the difference between right and wrong. What goes through their minds when they are committing such heinous crimes? How can you instil right and wrong into such mind sets?

As a father of 2 young girls this incident makes me really fearful for the future. I know I cannot protect my daughters 24 hours a day, especially when they leave home and go about their young careers. However, as long as they are under my control I will ensure they are not out late at night, on motorbikes, partying in venues with known dubious patrons, booze and drugs. That will be a strict no-no in our house and, fortunately, a code of conduct my daughters will willingly accept I am sure. Both my wife and myself take parenting very seriously and we will do everything possible to keep our daughters safe and sound. It is sad, unfortunate and very tragic that a minority of parents do not exercise the same controls.

Totally agree Nomad.
My wife and myself also take parental control and protection very seriously even here on Groote.
This place is an ideal and extreemly safe place to raise kids
as the community is small and there are a lot of young ones here.
We have being trying to instill into our two daughters that, when we move to Thailand, the freedom will not be anywhere as lenient as Groote and, basically, they go nowhere without one of us.

I've been hearing about this sort of crime here in Surin for many years. Responsible parents/families do not let their women ride alone on dark unpopulated roads after school, work, or any time at all, especially at night. Fathers, brothers, uncles, cousins, husbands, boyfriends, etc will usually meet them and drive them home to protect them from this sort of criminal activity. It is actually fairly prevalent and quite disturbing in its frequency. We don't hear about it that often as farangs, ask your wives about it though. They'll tell you. Usually we only hear about it when it leads to death.

Some of the girls who work in the supermarkets, 7-elevens, etc. have to ride home late in the evening. It is not uncommon for them to be ambushed, if only to steal their motorbike if they are lucky!

Further background comes to light (ie my GL is now in Pattaya on a monitoring visit).

A love triangle is involved. One of the girls is a "tom".

A local resident who saw the bloodied faces on that fateful night still shakes when he recounts the deep facial slashes and a pounded forehead.

Parents of the youths have engaged a "good" lawyer to ensure that the dear boys are not over-interviewed by police. Parents and youths swear that none of them did it. The general consensus is that all or most of any found guilty will face short jail terms or heavy fines. (The Prakhonchai Boys will not be happy).

The surviving girl is still in considerable shock due to (a) the events of that night and (b) her fear of what might happen to her when she is released from hospital and police protection.

Not much more to tell about this case.

Apparently, the boys who volunteered themselves or were rounded up know nothing, as does the girl at the hospital.

Says everything. Doesn't it ,AB ?

This is how many of these stories continue to play out..."I know nothing"...."I see nothing"..."I do nothing."

One has to be carefully taught. Sadly starts at home and ends at school.
LOS = Land of stoop... shrug1 (Teacher, don't forget to check their spelling...Censored1 )

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gorgeous Lek recently attended the funeral of a nearby "cousin", a girl aged 15 years, who had apparently been the victim of a motorbike accident a few kilometres along the main road from our home. Her sister, aged 14, is still in ICU at the hospital.

When word spread that the younger girl had survived, one Thai youth got cold feet and gave himself up to local police. Apparently, a large group of youths had ambushed the girls, bashed and raped them and thrown them into water near a local bridge.

All attempts at a re-enactment of the crime have so far failed due to the large vigilante party of up to 300 locals carrying anything that can kill that assembles within moments of the police arrival.

I guess that is what can happen when two pretty, young sisters attend a local birthday party, but, unknown to parents, continue on to Towan Daeng and return on their motorbike in the early hours of the morning.

Very sad, very bad, should never have been allowed to happen and Thais were capable of doing it!

In Tawang Daeng, they check the ID-Cards, people has to be at least 20 years old. And: Tawang Daeng closes 1 o´clock in the night....

In Tawang Daeng, they check the ID-Cards, people has to be at least 20 years old. And: Tawang Daeng closes 1 o´clock in the night....

I understand that all the action began outside of Tawang Daeng - not inside.

Dragging up this thread which has been quiet for a long time. It appears that no official police action has happened as the 'defendants' have access to any necessary funds and the only other living witness has developed long-term memory loss (either through fear of retribution or the shock of sighting a large pile of bank notes, or both).

I know nothing...I see nothing...I do nothing.

Everyone hold hands and go to the wash room.
Obviously they are carefully taught from a very early age.
So sad.

Back