Retard Extension

nomad97

Resident Geek
This morning I extended my retard visa for another year. I arrived at 09.45 and began the paperwork processing almost instantaneously. The I.O. immediately handed back the photocopied second set of paperwork, "Not necessary - one original set of paperwork only." He scanned through the bank statement for the 12 month period and, seemingly satisfied, handed that back too. He picked up on a point that I had listed a Non-B type visa and asked if I was working. I said quite resoundingly "No" and that had been an error from 13 years previously. I handed him my passport plus 2,000 baht and was then told to sit back and wait.One thing I noticed that I had not noticed before was the official receipt for the 1,900 baht was photocopied in the office and attached to the application.

The staff were in good humour and relatively friendly. I waited, and waited and waited and 10.45 came and past. One of the IO's went to check on the progress with the big boss to see if my application had been signed. She returned empty handed. Another 30 minutes passed and she went and checked again - she also returned empty handed. We were all alone, my wife and myself and the Immigration Team of 4. All other customers were long gone so the TV volume was turned up and we all watched the Korean Soap. The IO got up again at 11.45 and went off to see the big boss. Fortunately, she returned passport in-hand. This was duly returned to me, together with the official receipt and 100 baht change. I was also informed that the 90-day report completed 23 days earlier had been re-issued and was now good for another 90 days. No home visit required and no come back in 30 days time. Done and dusted on the one visit.

Apart from the long wait for the big boss, and it has happened previously too, everything went very well. My wife said that it was a new big boss and she noticed that when he arrived at the outer office he was loaded down with an armful of paperwork, presumably from Chom Chong and all no doubt requiring signature.

So are we to assume that the retard house visits (which lasted 15 months?) were a complete waste of resources?

Exactly the same happened to me in October Nomad. After 1 and half hours IO went to see big Boss and came back and said sorry 10 minutes more I said OK I go outside for cig. As soon as I lit up he came out to me and said "I'm sorry I'm very busy today" he shook hands and gave me the passport back.

Maybe they were training the buriram officers Yorky?
Edit. I was not offered my 100bht change that disappeared off the desk

Last year or the year before we were kept waiting for the big boss's signature. That time we did meet him and he apologised very sincerely for the delay. He explained that he had been detained at Chom Chong and that they were very busy down there. On that occasion the IO's invited my wife and daughters to go around the back of Immigration and have some lunch for free. Today, we were out before the lunch break.

Probably served a useful purpose as a one off exercise.

They probably found it a waste of time as nobody was caught doing anything shonky, in this neck of the woods. They should of done it in Pattaya. Imagine the worms that would of been driven from the woodwork.
But that would not happen, would it?. It would ruin their income stream.

They probably found it a waste of time as nobody was caught doing anything shonky, in this neck of the woods.

If they had found somebody doing something shonky(?) they would still be doing it. Although maybe not; TiT.

Thurs 19th,did 12mths retirement extension due 27/Jan & 90 day report which was due 18/Jan.Arrived 10.30,served straight away with paperwork all completed by11am.
However,with all the checking & re-checking by IOs,the visa wasn t signed by bigboss until 11.30.
Generally,I thought it all ran v/well,with no need to get everything photocopied accross the road was a big bonus.Office was generally v/quiet.
Next 90 dys due 18/Apr & Extension issued to 27/Jan 2018

Thurs 19th,did 12mths retirement extension due 27/Jan & 90 day report which was due 18/Jan.Arrived 10.30,served straight away with paperwork all completed by11am.
However,with all the checking & re-checking by IOs,the visa wasn t signed by bigboss until 11.30.
Generally,I thought it all ran v/well,with no need to get everything photocopied accross the road was a big bonus.Office was generally v/quiet.

What was the date of your bank letter, Alan?

What was the date of your bank letter, Alan?
Letter from BKK Bnk dated that same day 19th-Sorry for missing it out.

Wow - same day letter from bank.
Previously (November 2016) a letter within one or two days was sufficient.
Has something changed ? Is a "same day" letter required ?

The requirement for a same day letter was reported verbally to me by Andychondriac last week.

I've always obtained my letter the day before my application which was satisfactory up to May (at least) last year.

Letter from BKK Bnk dated that same day 19th-Sorry for missing it out.

Was your letter dated the same day required by Surin Immigration or did you just get the letter the same day?

Wow - same day letter from bank.
Previously (November 2016) a letter within one or two days was sufficient.
Has something changed ? Is a "same day" letter required ?

He does not say it is required to be dated the same day.;)

I told Alan what Andychondriac had reported so I guess it was "better safe than sorry".

Putting out info as a 3rd party with out confirmation on subjects such this just feeds the rumor mills.;) Just saying.:rolleyes:

Andychondriac had confirmed that HE had been asked for a letter dated the same day. This was confirmed by his wife.

Back