Retard Extension

Does anyone have an inkling of why this requirement has been changed? Surely if my bank account contained the required funds yesterday (and for the previous 16 years in my case) it would still contain the funds today. Maybe now that the house visits for retard extensions have been cancelled, the available IOs could accompany me to my bank to obtain first hand knowledge of the status of my account(s)?

Take your laptop Yorky and offer them sight of Online Banking!

Take your laptop Yorky and offer them sight of Online Banking!

I have copies of every page of every passbook issued to me by both the Bangkok Bank and Thai Farmer's Bank (aka Kasikorn) for the last 16 years. I even have the originals!

I have copies of every page of every passbook issued to me by both the Bangkok Bank and Thai Farmer's Bank (aka Kasikorn) for the last 16 years. I even have the originals!

But obviously not one with 'today's balance' on.

Live reporting via Online Banking is far more accurate I would suggest.

But obviously not one with 'today's balance' on.

Live reporting via Online Banking is far more accurate I would suggest.

Not really. If I check my "statement" on the day my company pension is deposited, it only appears some 5 or 6 hours later. The "balance" appears within minutes.

Not really. If I check my "statement" on the day my company pension is deposited, it only appears some 5 or 6 hours later. The "balance" appears within minutes.

"Today's balance" is really "last night's closing balance".............. that is what you get in the bank letter............... online banking is a live update.

Immediately prior to obtaining the "bank letter" I always draw money from the ATM outside the bank. The updated passbook shows this withdrawal and the "bank letter" reflects this, i.e. they both show the same date.

Immediately prior to obtaining the "bank letter" I always draw money from the ATM outside the bank. The updated passbook shows this withdrawal and the "bank letter" reflects this, i.e. they both show the same date.

Therefore, the bank letter is incorrect - either in terms of date or amount.

So what happens if you withdraw a substantial amount of money later in the day..........................

Buriram did not ask me anything about my bank account. My income covers all.

Yes, the Embassy letter covering one's income is easier in many respects. However, it really pisses me off that the British Embassy charge more for the letter than what Immigration charge for the extension to the visa. 555!

Buriram did not ask me anything about my bank account. My income covers all.

I stopped 'using' my income as proof of funds when they decided that I had to have a letter from the embassy every year. Do they require embassy letters to be dated the same day as your application also?

I stopped 'using' my income as proof of funds when they decided that I had to have a letter from the embassy every year. Do they require embassy letters to be dated the same day as your application also?

You can ask them..:rolleyes:

Within 6 months of the application.

Back